Elphias Doge (dogendragons) wrote in _levicorpus,
Elphias Doge
dogendragons
_levicorpus

• Mood:

Nostalgia

Characters: Albus Dumbledore and Elphias Doge
Setting: The gloomy streets of London...and then A Bowling Alley (yes you did read that right, Dumbledore and Doge in a bowling alley)

That had been suitably depressing. Not that funerals could ever be anything else. My dear old hankies were becoming rather worn these days and this service had been particularly moving, so much so that I'd probably have to throw the dratted thing out. It seemed that all Albus and I could do these days, was mourn. 'What passing-bells for these who die as cattle?'. This generation was tainted by battle and bore scars which no spell could mend. We two moulding ancients walked together in companionable silence, contemplating mortality. Albus seems bent with sorrow, reminding me strongly of his younger self at Ariana's funeral. He was always a hero during the service, but it was afterwards that the grief would truly begin to tell.

"I'm sorry Albus." I said finally, breaking the silence. "But this just won't do." I glanced around the street. "Let's get something to drink, old chap, and toast their memory. Wandering the streets is no way to show our respects." I had to let all that emotion brim, all this walking was just making me feel numb.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 17 comments