Cadence! (rhythmicpoetry) wrote in _levicorpus,
Cadence!
rhythmicpoetry
_levicorpus

Characters: Thundereagle, Cadence, and Little Jack
Setting: Thundie and Cadence's home

I was so tired, I didn't know why I was so tired. I thought maybe a couple days after the birth I would be back on my feet, digging around in the garden, watering the plants, cooking and walking. I really missed walking, but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed. The last time I got up to go to the bathroom I was bleeding. The midwife said it would stop, that I would be fine, but I was still bleeding. Maybe it was normal to be still bleeding this bad.

I went back to sleep for a few more hours, holding Jack to me while Thundereagle was off taking pictures of our cottage. If I thought about him I smiled, so I went back to sleep smiling. I woke up again and checked little Jack, finding him still sleeping soundly next to me. Our little baby, I lived for this little boy now. I went to press a kiss to his little hands when something like fire shot through me. I moved my legs but found them all wet and sticky, and I groaned and gripped my pillow tightly.

Thundereagle's owl was still beside the bed and I waved it off to find my husband. I couldn't write a note to him, but he'd understand that something was wrong when he saw the owl. There was so much blood, I knew there was, I was so afraid to look. Something went wrong, something tore when I was giving birth to Little Jack. I looked at the owl and shooed it away again. It would find Thundie, it had to! "Hurry, hurry!"

Tags: cadence, professor thundereagle
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 25 comments