Oscar Jugson (redsonorus) wrote in _levicorpus,
Oscar Jugson
redsonorus
_levicorpus

Characters: Oscar Jugson, Emmeline Vance.
Settings: Em's house, Diagon Alley

It was becoming increasingly easy tracking people down. After finding Sirius Black's house, Emmeline Vance wasn't a challenge at all. The woman lived in the heart of Diagon Alley. I didn't even have to ask my friends for help finding her flat.

I waited by the street corner across the street every night, memorizing the pattern of when she leaves and when she comes back. Mrs Lestrange said I should give her a little scare, so that probably means I shouldn't kill her.

I ducked back when I saw her leave her house. She'd go to the pet shop to buy cat food and often gets waylaid by friends so she won't be back for a while. Counting to ten under my breath, I turned to look at her house again. Quiet and empty. She was gone.

I went up to her front door and jiggled the doorknob. Locked. Of course. I pulled my wand out and tried a charm that would open the lock. Didn't work. This bint had stronger security charms. Losing patience, I blasted the doorknob with a spell. The door swung open.

Nice house. Neat and orderly. I tipped a glass flower vase off a table on purpose so that it shattered on the floor. Pictures. Those went smashing into the walls too. Cat. It reared up and hissed at me. I used levicorpus so that it hung upside down in mid air. Bottles of wine and other sticky things to leave stains. I smashed them on the sofa and carpet. I set the cupboard on fire, humming idly to myself.

There were some notes on a table. I should have set that on fire too. But something caught my eye. Olivander's name was on it. It read like a report on the fire. It had the exact date and time. I picked the paper up and squinted at it. It had names of several Death Eaters-- Ingrid Burke, Antonin Dolohov, Bellatrix Lestrange-- all Death Eaters present during the fire. But that made no sense. Why would Emmeline Vance have something like this? She didn't work for the Minstry. Who was she reporting to?

Tags: emmeline vance, oscar jugson
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 10 comments