jasmine leia (harlemcabaret_) wrote in _letterstoyou_,
jasmine leia
harlemcabaret_
_letterstoyou_

1:26 am
happy birthday, kiddo. today, you're eight years old. the big year for you. you finally get that huge disneyland trip that your parents promised you a year before. you know, you never did let them forget about that promise. and if it weren't for your sickness, you would probably be up with me. right now. you would be here. with me.
you know, there isn't a day that goes by where it doesn't hurt. the pain still lingers. i can still hear your bright laugh every time scotty would tell you a joke. and if i think hard enough, i can see your cheerful smile everytime i would come and visit you. oh man, your smile. warm enough to melt even the coldest of hearts. that warm, reassuring, gleaming smile... i miss that. i miss you.
i don't know if you were old enough to comprehend this or not, but you were a big inspiration there at the hospital. everybody, kids and grown-ups alike, looked up to you, kiddo. it's not the same place without you. the kids seem more nervous... more afraid. you were their only constant in that place. so please. be with them. they need you. we need you.
i know i'll see you soon. save me a place up there, will ya?
with all my love,
jasmine
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments