love is only make believe (blairie) wrote in _letterstoyou_,
love is only make believe
blairie
_letterstoyou_

To the most recent boy who's crushed me -

So you like me and want to be with me, but have decided to not date me anymore?

I just wish I could tell you that we'd be worth it, that we have all the time in the world to figure this out. there's no pressure for us to commit, there's no rush to be in a relationship. but you are worth more to me than the other boys I date. I know you're afraid, and I am too. but think of how wonderful we'd be together. you don't want to screw up our friendship, but this is the last straw. I can't see you until I get over you - and that might take six months or a year.

I appreciate that you don't want to hurt me. and I respect that you don't think you can do this. But I don't understand. All I know is that I've been trying to get over you for nine or ten months, at least, and I never did. I've told you so many times that I can't see you 'cause I like you. and we've been through so much together. and you're finally at the point where you can tell me you like me, too. but you're afraid to trust and incapable of commitment. and I guess I get it. I don't really know. you should know I'd never lie to you. I'd never intentionally hurt any person. I'd never cheat. I'm never dishonest. my ex hurt me just as badly as yours did you. but now I really can't see you. if you are unwilling to take a chance on us, I have to stay away until I'm through lusting after you. If not, we'll always wind up in the same place and there'll be more hurt later, at least for me. as selfless as I am, I have to cut you out of my life. and it's hard. so extremely hard.
Subscribe

• (no subject)

Dear Penguin, Somehow, someway we have fallen in love with each other. An internet romance if you will, even though we've been in the same club,…

• Dear Wolfram, how to break it to you?

Dear Wolfram, You happen to be the fictional character who reintroduced me to the joys of heady fangirling. How could I not love you?! And…

• SECRETSECRETSECRETSECRET

Dear Mum. Fuck you. Fuck "you're tired" or "you're hungry". Fuck "you're just stressed". This hurts like hell and you…

Comments for this post were disabled by the author