sa_m (sa_m) wrote in _la____tragedie,
sa_m
sa_m
_la____tragedie

Sorry, these were taken with a phone so, not very good.

IN LINE

I'm the pasty white girl on the left.

BANG BANG ON THE DOOR BABY

right to left: My boyfriend Josh, Me, Danielle

My friend Chris, I don't have a photograph of him, came later and hung out with us. It was good all and all.

FROM THE INTERWEB

Detroit! The triple 5 - 5/5/05! Happy Cinco de Mayo! When asked what the significance of Cinco de Mayo is, one who is in the know explained: "A long time ago the French tried to get up in that mess and they got their butts kicked", so... therefore, thats why Mexicans celebrate this day in history. (?) (hey, thats actually pretty accurate!) Anyway, we arrived at the State Theater right when 2 things were going on in downtown Detroit: the Tigers baseball game was just letting out, causing huge crowds of baseball fans to flood the streets around the theater (across the street from The Tigers' Comercia Stadium), and an old building was demolished, literally as we approached the neighbrohood, kicking up huge clouds of dust and smoke all throughout downtown! The gridlocked traffic, crowds of people and dense smoke made us wonder if there was a major emergency going on for a second there, but all was well, and it was a good day.

Same setlist as last night, Brian lead vocals on Getchoo again, and an interesting twist to the beginning of Beverly Hills, with a hint of some sort of intro creeping in. This was later proclaimed to need some... further tweaking, so we'll see about that.

Setlist:
Tired Of Sex
In The Garage
No One Else
Pardon Me
Buddy Holly
Photograph
Hold Me
Getchoo
Say It Ain't So
We Are All On Drugs
Island In The Sun
My Name Is Jonas
Peace
Beverly Hills
Hash Pipe
Haunt You Every Day
---
Undone - The Sweater Song
The Good Life

In attendance tonight: Scott's dad! Right on!! Also, "kylevh2" and "GumbyTom" as they are known on the intronecht, and my cousin Abe, in town with his wife for vacation time, and all too happy to catch the Weez. And of course, 2,798 other people who looked like they were having a blast. Tonight saw a healthy amount of crowdsurfing going on, which hasnt really cropped up on this tour till now. People gotta have their rock in Detroit!
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments