Tina (wickedcherub) wrote in _killmenow_,
Tina
wickedcherub
_killmenow_

Everything You Wanted to Know About The Killers and Were About To Ask...

This will get added to at a later date as I get bombarded with more questions, I suppose.

1. Who are The Killers?
The Official Site has a really nice and rather complete biography about them. It's a great starting point.

2. Where did they get their name from?
A group called 'New Order' had a film clip for their song 'Crystal', in which a beautiful, fictional band mimed their song. The fictional band were called 'The Killers' and so Brandon & Co stole the name. The clip bears some resemblance to the 'Somebody Told Me' film clip.

3. Do they have girlfriends?
They are all currently attached. Brandon is due to be married sometime soon.

4. Is Brandon gay?.
No. In a Q Magazine article, he states this:
"I'm not gay. I can't even be bothered to start some kind of intrigue about it," he says. "Bowie could nurture that sort of mystique, but this is an age where everyone knows everything about you in 10 seconds."

5. Is Somebody Told Me about a lesbian?
No. Brandon has stated many times in interviews that in the made up song, the girl had a boyfriend who looked similar to an ex girlfriend he had, and so he thought the two must be compatible.

6. Brandon must be gay. Check out the lyrics for Andy!
As far as I'm aware. 'Andy, You're A Star' is about good old fashioned high school envy.

7. What's this Murder Trilogy I keep hearing about?
'Jenny was a friend of mine' and 'Midnight Show' are two thirds of a trilogy of songs. They chronicle the murder of a girl named Jenny. In the first song, Brandon is seemingly interrogated over a crime he claims to have not committed. In 'Midnight Show', he tells the story of how the jealous murder came about. The two songs are linked with the lyric, "She said she loved me". The third song is a song called "Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf" and is supposed to explain why Jenny was murdered. It hasn't been released yet and apparently still sits on Dave's computer.

8. Where can I find pictures/screencaps?
The Killers Online has a great gallery and tons of screen caps.

9. Where can I find video files?
There are a lot of video files you can find online, all of which I know for sure, are available via the P2P program Soulseek.
Or you could try Brandon.Flirtatious.Org Aneza puts up video files from time to time.

10. What does it say on the drumkit in the US Mr Brightside video?
It says 'Genius Sex Poets'
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 13 comments