&; alicia (tsuyogari) wrote in _kentsuburi,
&; alicia
tsuyogari
_kentsuburi

2 full-icon tutorials

I was bored, so here are two tutorials for you. These are for Photoshop CS. Both are different muting methods~

1. Start with your base.

2. Sharpen your base. I also blurred the background to make is a little smoother.

3. Take a really bright texture and set it to screen.

>

4. Duplicate the base and set it to linear burn. Set the fill to anywhere between 35-90%, depending on the darkness of the image (the lighter/brighter the image, the higher you'll want to go). I used 80% on this icon.

5. Create a new layer and fill with #001149. Set to exclusion with an opacity of 35%.

6. Duplicate the base again, desaturate and set to soft light.

7. Create a new layer, fill with #DEC89F, and set to multiply.

8. Create a new layer and fill with a lightish blue gradient. Set to soft light.

>

9. Create another new layer and fill with a dark blue layer. Set to screen.

>

10. Add some text, and there you have it!

Other icons made with this technique:

1. Start with your base, sharpen it.

2. Create a new layer and fill with #010924. Set to exclusion.

3. Duplicate the base and set it to soft light.

4. Create a new layer and fill with #C7BB6A. Set to multiply with an opacity of 50%.

5. Use curves to totally wash out your image. Here's an example of what I did. Set it to lighten with an opacity of around 35%.

>

6. Create a new layer and fill it with a yellow/golden gradient. Set it to multiply with an opacity of 50%, or one that gets you close to this effect.

>

7. Create another new layer and fill it with a light to dark blue gradient and set to soft light.

>

8. Create yet another new layer and fill it with a white to color-of-your choice. I used a green in his hair. You want this to be pretty light, so if the color is darker, you'll want to lower the opacity. Set to color burn.

>

9. Duplicate the base, desaturate, and set it to soft light.

10. Add your extras, and a lovely icon before your eyes.

Other icons made with this technique:

I'd love to see what you do with the tutorials! And, feel free to take any of the icons on this post, just credit _kentsuburi or tsuyogari.
Tags: resource: tutorial
Subscribe

• icon tutorial #3

Learn how to go from to in Photoshop CS2. Uses selective color, so non-translatable. This coloring works best with images without a lot of red…

• Icon coloring tutorial

I realized I hadn't done any tutorials in a very long time. So here's one~ ---> in Photoshop CS2. Uses selective color, so not translatable,…

• (no subject)

NEW ICON JOURNAL = performation Please join there~ ♥ If you'd still like to be affiliated, just let me know!

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 7 comments