Forced to Accept (traumahound) wrote in _iowa_,
Forced to Accept
traumahound
_iowa_

want ad for band memebers

I'm considering moving to the Des Moines area in late August/early September, and I'm looking to put a band together when I get settled in. I despise labels, but if you have to categorize the music it will be as anything, maybe you could call it industrial metal. Lots of heavy guitars in the vein of old Metallica, Slayer, and Pantera, bass that's bottom-heavy but still funky, drumming that's a cross between Slayer and Faith No More, as well as a liberal dose of synths and samples. Imagine taking the best elements of Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, and Skinny Puppy mashed together, and the best elements of Slayer, Faith No More, and Alice in Chains, and mash those two sounds together and combine them, and you can envision what I have in mind.

So basically I'll need two guitarists, a bassist, a drummer, and a keyboard/sample player. This band will have a definite, identifiable sound, but it won't be locked into any formula, and there will always be room for growth, movement and experimentation.

This will be a very unique, original band that will not be easily lumped into any category, genre or scene. It'll be very dark and at times brutal, but accessible at the same time. I'm serious about taking this all the way, so once you're in, you're in for the long haul, no part-timer's or rock-star wanna-be's need apply. You can reach me through the contact info listed in my profile. I look forward to hearing from anyone interested. Thanx \m/
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 14 comments