September 9th, 2004

Re-Introduction

I don't remember if I ever did one of these...and if I did...it's a LONG time ago. ANYwho...here's the basic deal with me:

Name: Jeremy
Birthdate: December 12
Born: New Hampton, IA
Raised: Ionia, IA
High School: New Hampton, IA (graduated '95)
College: UNI (1995-98); Kirkwood (2001-03)
Field of Study: Theatre & Arts Management, Dance, Religion
Current Hometown: Cedar Rapids/Marion, IA (in the process of moving)
Religion: Agnostic with existentialist viewpoints, raised Lutheran, all with some Pagan/Wiccan/Neo-Pagan aspects mixed in
Sexuality: Should be obvious...*heh*
Hobbies/Interests: SCA...which has many sub-hobbies (ie: rapier combat, glass bead making, heraldic research, costuming) all pertaining to Medeival and Renaissance times/cultures; the Harry Potter series

I'd go into further depth about the SCA (what it is, what we do, etc)...but since that's against the community rules...I'll spare the lecture...*heh* [[Anyone that's DYING to know though...can torment me privately...*nods* I'm ALWAYS willing to talk about the SCA...*nodsnods*]]

EDIT: OK...the post I made in iowaculture about Iowa SCA activities and such has been posted HERE Anyone with questions about the SCA can check out the information about the Iowa groups and activities there.
  • Current Music
    Nelly Furtado - One-Trick Pony
Isaac the giant goof

This had to be done.

I have yet to do this for the community, so I might as well. Do not be angry if I deiviate:

Name: Andrew

Sexual orientation: as of this moment, I consider myself asexual.

Music: My Morning Jacket, Death Cab for Cutie, Bad Astronaut, jazz, smokey blues, my parents' music from the 60s, 70s, and popular stuff (though the only radio station I've found that comes in is an old rock n roll type motif one).

Authors: VONNEGUT, William S. Burroughs, Terry Goodkind, Tom Robbins, Piers Anthony, whatever I stumble on in the library.

Drink: I'm a bigger fan of liquor than beer, but I've found this Mississippi Mudslide black and tan at HyVee that could be the cat's meow. Merlots and Chardonna's have their place (in my cupboard and fridge).

Education: BA in Creative Print Design Advertising, minor in writing with emphasis in art and graphic design.

Sign: Leo/Virgo cusp with Gemini Rising.

Religious affiliation: If there's not something, to hell with us all (not literally, I don't think).

Anyone else as confused as I am? Share!

-A.
  • Current Music
    All American Rejects - Why Worry
Roast Beef

(no subject)

Name: Lydia
Location: Lee County (that hangy-down southeast corner bit that my dad calls "the part Missouri didn't want")
Sexual orientation: Straight, but sick to death of boys for the moment
Music: Jeez, everything. The Klezmatics, Brave Combo, They Might Be Giants, Elvis Costello, Sparks, Cardiacs, The World/Inferno Friendship Society, The Aquabats, The Residents, Devo, Oingo Boingo, Frank Zappa, Wild Man Fischer, Captain Beefheart, the Bonzo Dog Band, Scroat Belly, Johnny Cash, Junior Brown...most classical but especially Bach, Mahler, Khachaturian, and Mussorgsky...Olivier Messiaen, Iannis Xennakis...almost ALL lounge except for the extra-cheesy Lawrence Welky stuff...Cab Calloway, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday...and Raymond Scott and Tom Lehrer...just to name a few. ;)
Authors: David Sedaris, P.G. Wodehouse, Saki, J.K. Rowling, Gahan Wilson
Drink: Blue-Sky Natural Cola. Or Coke, in a pinch. And obscene amounts of black tea.
Education: I'm on my senior year in high school and planning to go to U of I to major in Spanish and theatre arts.
Sign: Capricorn/Aquarius cusp
Religious affiliation: None. I come from a long, proud line of skeptics.

My school has one of the largest FFA chapters in the state, in population, but my class only has eighty people in it. The school is bordered by corn fields on three sides. I took a pan of cookies along when I went to visit a friend in New York City (that potluck instinct). I think this all effectively proves my Iowanianness. ;)

I like old, pre-1960 movies and music and cartoons and radio programs and advertising and things, and I'm really obsessed with Peter Lorre. When I'm not doing homework or wasting away in front of my computer, I like to go tramping through the woods with m'dawg and scare up wild turkeys.

So, what-ho, me midwestern beauties!