February 27th, 2004

• cidness

infamous intro

Well, since everyone else is posting introduction to their fantastic lives, I guess I shall too!

My name is Cindy. I've been in this community for about 4 months. I've only posted some comments a couple times and that's it! But enough with those boring facts; to the interesting stuff. . .

I'm 18, first-year at Iowa State University in good ol' Ames, Iowa. It's just sweet as honey. I'm originally from Orange County, CA (yes, I know you are probably wondering what I'm doing here in Iowa. . .just keep reading!), but for now, I permanently reside in Fort Dodge, Iowa because that's where my family lives! I will for sure eventually find myself back in So Cal, but I need to get this damn college stuff out of the way (boo hoo). My family wanted to move to Iowa because it's way cheaper to live here than in Cali and a couple of my uncles lived here, so yeah. . .that's that.

I love to sing (people say I sound similar to Christina Aguilera and Stacie Orrico, just so you know. . .), and I've been singing since I was about 4 years old. I've tried out for Iowa Idol twice, but with no luck.. but I think that competition is just bogus as they get. I'm double majoring in Business stuff right now and I plan to work for the music industry in the future. We'll see how that goes.

Other than that, I have a great boyfriend of over 6 months, like to shop, and eat taco bell! Oh and you all should become avid readers of my journal. .k that's all! Ta-ta!

LJ Love,
Cindy
  • Current Music
    it's my life
smile

Introduction

Ill jump on the bandwagon and post info about myself too.

Im Stephanie, 21, Originally from Davenport, moved to El Cajon, CA (very south part of Calif.) in the late 80's, came back mid 90's, finished school in Davenport. I went to Marycrest there for my first two years, but they ended up closing. So, Im in my last semester now at Grand View College in Des Moines and will get my Bachelors in Biology in April.

I just got out of a 4 year relationship, and Im looking for another (not necessarily 4 years though ;) ).. with school and work and internships, I dont have much time though.

In July I will be moving back to Davenport to be closer to my family - From there I will be looking for a park ranger position and whatnot. Maybe something will open up this summer.

I have two very unhealthy obsessions. They are Metallica and Tori Amos.

I may not comment or post much, but I do lurk around here.

Thats all for now, if youre interested in knowing anything more..just ask.
  • Current Music
    Tori Amos - Live 8-10-03 Chicago
pinkyellowamp

time!!

Helloooo Iowa!

I'm introducing myself. I'm Sean, and I'm 20, and I'm a sophomore at the University of Iowa in Iowa City. Beautiful luscious Iowa City! Iowa City with its ten-square-foot courtyards and pairs of pants on so many people!!

I perform in an improv comedy group called Paperback Rhino at Public Space One (downtown, above the Deadwood bar) every other Thursday night, and we're getting funnier with every show, I daresay.

Daresay, y'all are looking good today! I do daresay. Random tidbit = I'm taking a Virginia Woolf class, and we took a break today and watched scenes from the movie Mrs. Dalloway - British as all-get-out, you know? - and when the DVD player acted up, my teacher broke into a sort of flustered VERY British accent. She was so into the movie! It was the cutest thing ever.

Iowa City is cute, and I live in it. I'm from northwest Iowa, from near Spencer and the Lakes region, Okoboji & all that business. A nice place & all, but I'm spreading my fingers a little bit at a time. A very little bit, yes, but a bit.

QUIZ TIME!!!

1) Who among you live near me/ go to the u of iowa?

2) Tell a story, any story. This is MINUS FIVE if you don't do it.
  • Current Music
    nick drake
contemplative

(no subject)

Well, after all the "hello" posts around here, I sure feel like the old fart.

32, moved to Des Moines eight years ago from California (Huntington Beach area). No kids, no signifigant other, probably doomed to eternal singledom. About to buy my first house, so I guess I'm staying here for a while... until I decide it's time to move to Tokyo. Into Industrial and Goa/Psy Trance, as well as other "really freaky music" (according to Iowans), so needless to say, I don't go out to clubs or shows much. Own a motorcycle that's just itching to get out and be ridden, as soon as it warms up to tolerable temperatures.

That's the short of it... there's more in my bio if you're all that interested.
  • Current Music
    Pankow - Last Song

(no subject)

I wanna be cool like the rest of you ...

I'm Linden, 21, Clinton. I was born in Iowa City and raised in Sabula (an island in the Mississippi River). I've lived in several places during my short life:

Mount Carroll, Illinois
Tacoma, Washington
Port Huron, Michigan
Sarnia, Ontario
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic

I always keep coming back to Iowa, though I'm currently making arrangements to move back to Tacoma.

I'm presently studying to be an English lit teacher. I take far more art classes than I really need too, but I love marking the canvas and welding junk to make fart.

I tend to answer with "I heart boobs" when asked a question. I'm not a fan of SNL, but I just can't help it.

Oh, and I have dial-up, which makes me so uncool. But because I'm uncool and everyone else is cool, being uncool makes me cool. Right?