Faith
_havefaith_
_inthedarkness

Not a victim

Characters: Faith, Wesley
Date: Day Thirteen
Setting: Griffin Park, main encampment
Rating: PG-13

God, I hate this! Lying around, doing nothing? Hate it. Everyone’s done fussing around me now, ‘though they still drop in on me from time to time. Checking up on me. Treating me like I’m helpless.

Maybe that’s because I am.

Dammit! I have to stop this – I will not be a victim.

I sit up, taking a few breaths, making sure the pain is bearable. I can do this. Twisting round a little I look down to check there’s no new blood. I frown a little as I see the jumble of… things stuck in me. Hairgrips? Plastic? What the fuck? Okay, so maybe it saved me back then, but I’m not going to walk around like a two-year-old’s dress-up doll. I grit my teeth and pull. I can feel something tear a little and a little pain, but it’s bearable. I can do this.

There’s blood now, not much, but enough to be a nuisance if I don’t stop it, so I tear a strip of material from the stretcher I’ve been laid out on since the attack. Huh, looks like someone’s shirt. I wrap it around the wound, pulling it tight and wincing a little at the constriction as I tie it off. Satisfied it’ll hold for now, I look around, no one seems to be nearby – good. No one’ll see me if I fall.

I force myself to stand and after the dizziness fades I take a few steps on shaky legs. Not great, but not bad either. I let myself smile a little and try again. Maybe I can make it to the stream and back. It’s doable, It has to be.

A few steps away from the fire and I run out of handholds. I won’t let this get to me, I have to do this – have to prove to myself that I don’t need anyone else. So of course there’s a stone in my path, and of course I fall.

I clutch at my side as I go down, trying not to let the wound open again, and twist as I fall. My knees hit the dirt and the jarring pain takes my breath away. I gasp for air, man this hurts!

“Fuck!”

{{open to Wesley}}
Subscribe

• OOC Admin post

On behalf of the players, I want to thank you all for your support of this game since it began. Unfortunately I have to announce that the game is now…

• Checking out the neighbours

Characters: Gunn, Gwen, Wes, Faith?, anyone else?, NPCs from Gunn's gang Date: Day 14, night. Setting: The camp We move swiftly and quietly…

• Newcomer

Characters: Faith, Wesley, Xander, Dawn, Fred, Jim Date: Day Thirteen - late Setting: Griffin Park, main encampment Rating: PG-13 (warning for…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 48 comments

• OOC Admin post

On behalf of the players, I want to thank you all for your support of this game since it began. Unfortunately I have to announce that the game is now…

• Checking out the neighbours

Characters: Gunn, Gwen, Wes, Faith?, anyone else?, NPCs from Gunn's gang Date: Day 14, night. Setting: The camp We move swiftly and quietly…

• Newcomer

Characters: Faith, Wesley, Xander, Dawn, Fred, Jim Date: Day Thirteen - late Setting: Griffin Park, main encampment Rating: PG-13 (warning for…