Faith
_havefaith_
_inthedarkness

Awakening

Characters: Faith, Dawn, Willow
Date: Day Eleven
Setting: Griffin Park, main encampment
Rating: PG-13 (warning for language)

Something’s missing, I can’t place what it is. It’s annoying me that I can’t pinpoint it, it’s one of those things that’s been such a constant part of me that now it’s gone I can’t put a name to it…

The pain.

It dawns on me suddenly, the pain is gone. I try to raise my hand to my ribs to check but it feels as though I’m stuck in some kind of tar. I look down in panic and see a thick black cloud circling me, pinning my arms to my sides, stopping me from moving.

I’ve seen this cloud before.

I look up, expecting to see her, and sure enough there she is – just off in the distance, a skinny kid, all dark hair and eyes, staring at me. If it wasn’t for the utter confusion on her face I’d think she was causing this, that she was the one keeping me pinned here.

”No. You do this.”

Oh great, the animal voice is back. There’s a movement from behind me and I twist my head to follow it. A woman, all dreadlocks and rags, right behind me, crouching, stalking, hunting.

She’s a part of me, I’m a part of her. I look up again and see the skinny kid, she’s also part of this.

“You’re her, aren’t you?” I’m looking at the kid, but talking to the hunter. “You’re the First Slayer.”

The hunter tosses her head, I guess that’s a yes.

“And her?” I nod towards the kid.

”Slayer.”

I breathe a sigh of relief, the power isn’t gone then, it’s just skipped me.

”No.”

“No? No what?”

”Not skipped. Lost.”

Great, as if I didn’t feel bad enough as it is. Yeah, I lost the power, but if there’s another Slayer out there… I blink as I remember my other dream – because I know in my heart this is a dream – the kid was linked to me by this cloud thing. But the other end of it was flapping free.

“She’s next in line? After me?” Again with the head-toss. Not much for words then. “And if I die without getting the power back…” I tail off, dreading the answer.

”No Slayer.”

My heart sinks like a stone. If I die, if I get myself killed, that’s it. No more Slayer, ever. And it’s all my fault.

I spin to face the hunter, vaguely aware that in doing it I’ve pushed back the cloud.

“So how do I get it back? And cut the mystical bullshit – either there’s a way or there’s not. Aint got time for riddles if I’ve fucked up the world.”

She bares her teeth at me, for a second I think maybe she’s going to attack but then this odd rumbling sound comes from her mouth and I realize she’s laughing. At me? My hackles go up instantly until I realize it’s not malicious. She’s laughing with me.

”Still in you. Need to find it. Need to connect.”

I frown at her, trying to puzzle out what she means and for a second I wish I had Xander here to act as a translator since this chick’s sounding more and more like the little green guy in Star Wars. Then it clicks. I haven’t lost the power, it’s still in me. I just have to find it again.

I turn to speak, to ask how to find it, but as soon as I move everything begins to whirl around me until I can’t focus. The cloud pinning me in place begins to move upwards, I try to fight against it as it covers my mouth and nose, suffocating me, it’s no use.

“No!” I hear myself shout as I sit upright. As soon as I do, I curl reflexively into a ball. The pain is back…

I hold my hand protectively over my ribs and feel something warm there. As I lift my hand to in front of my face I see the blood. Shit.

{{Open to Dawn and (eventually) Willow}}
Subscribe

• OOC Admin post

On behalf of the players, I want to thank you all for your support of this game since it began. Unfortunately I have to announce that the game is now…

• Checking out the neighbours

Characters: Gunn, Gwen, Wes, Faith?, anyone else?, NPCs from Gunn's gang Date: Day 14, night. Setting: The camp We move swiftly and quietly…

• Newcomer

Characters: Faith, Wesley, Xander, Dawn, Fred, Jim Date: Day Thirteen - late Setting: Griffin Park, main encampment Rating: PG-13 (warning for…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 30 comments

• OOC Admin post

On behalf of the players, I want to thank you all for your support of this game since it began. Unfortunately I have to announce that the game is now…

• Checking out the neighbours

Characters: Gunn, Gwen, Wes, Faith?, anyone else?, NPCs from Gunn's gang Date: Day 14, night. Setting: The camp We move swiftly and quietly…

• Newcomer

Characters: Faith, Wesley, Xander, Dawn, Fred, Jim Date: Day Thirteen - late Setting: Griffin Park, main encampment Rating: PG-13 (warning for…