June 18th, 2005

Broody Will

Sharing

I just stand there silently as Dawn goes. I can't help feeling that what I just said was the cause of the confusion that I know she was feeling.

Sighing, I sit back down on the ground and attempt to carry on with what I'd been doing before Dawn turned up. Shredding some of the sage leaves, I place them on a stone I've found and start to pound them with another stone. It's not the most sophisticated of equipment but at least the groove in the stone means I won't lose the small amount of fluid I'll get from the plant.

Suddenly, I hear a noise behind me and turn quickly to see who it is... then thankfully let the breath I've been holding out when I realise it's Faith. I watch her for a while - not sure if she's coming over... but after a while turn back to my sage.

{{Open to Faith}}
too much - mara_sho

(no subject)

Characters: Xander, Dawn
Date: Day Ten
Setting: Griffin Park, the woods
Rating: PG-13

This is all just getting too much. All this insane drama and awkwardness. Yeah, so a lot of the blame for it rests squarely on my shoulders, but I don't really want to think about that right now. Don't want to think about much, truth be told.

I just... need to get away. To be alone for a while. Shame I don't have that luxury. None of us do.

What I said to Dawn the other day was true - she should talk to Willow. I should talk to her.

A rogue tree root catches my foot and I have to grab for the trunk to keep my balance, that's when I spot a flash of color just ahead. Dark red, almost blood colored. Strange that I make the connection with Willow straight away.

As I get closer to it I realise it actually is her. Or her jacket anyway. I pick it up, checking automatically for fresh blood - why else would she drop her jacket? - and let go of the breath I didn't realize I was holding when I don't find anything.

She just dropped it.

I narrow my eye a little. something's not right here. No, worse than that, something's very wrong here.

"Willow?" I shout out into the trees, I don't care how close the demons are or if they can hear me. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, we only just found her again - we can't lose her now. I can't.

"Willow!"

{{Open to Dawn}}