?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Title: Friends Are Friends Until They Have Sex (or 'So Many Things Going Through My Mind')
Pairing: Idina Menzel/Kristin Chenoweth
Rating: NC-17.
Author: elekanahmen
Disclaimer: If this happened, my life would be complete, if it didn't, then life shall continue as normal. In other words, it's fiction kids. The only thing that really happened was what we saw on TV at the Tony's, which includes Idina's acceptance speech which I have copied, verbatim, into this story.
Summary: Kristin helps Idina backstage at the Tony's, which leads to a little sumthin' sumthin' but will it be continued after the Wicked party at BB Kings?
Warnings: Sex. Oodles and Poodles of it.
Dedications: To friendhamster for being the best ever <3<3<3. To avathebrat for listening to my inane ramblings today about this story. To softershade for wearing legs on her boots ;-). To the Tony voters for giving Idina the Tony and to Kristin and Idina for bieng... well, Teh Sex (and for Dee's lyrics that I ganked for the secondary title). To galindafication for teh ill sexy strawberries fanart. To blahzay for the latenight chats. To chuckjd for fan!girling over teh cure with me. To Ambrosia Kelley for looking like what would happen if the Diggs' ever got around to having those babies mentioned in 'Minuet.' To the band Lovedrug for their song "Skeleton Jill" from which I took the primary title for this story.

We had just finished performing Defying Gravity live at the Tony awards and Idina and I were both a bundle of nerves and emotions. It was less than two hours from the announcement of our award and our hands and voices shook, tears welling in our eyes as we'd performed, and now Idina was sitting beside me, her hands still shaking as she tried in vain to get the green makeup out of her ears. "Dammit," she swore softly, slamming a sixth q-tip down on the dressing table next to mine, "just get out of my ears!"

I laughed softly, scooting my chair closer, taking a q-tip in hand, moistening it and gently using it to swab the green out of her ears. Idina smiled gratefully into the mirror, looking at my reflection. "There you go, Dee. That stuff is really tricky, huh?"

"Yeah," she sighed, "it's a pain in the ass. But I wouldn't trade this role for anything in the world."

I took the zipper on the back of her dress in my hand, helping her out of the long black... welll.. frock really is the only word. Idina stepped out of it akwardly, tripping a bit. I set the dress down and steadied her with a hand on either side of her waist. Our eyes met in the mirror and we both blushed, but my hands didn't move. "You really are gorgeous, Idina..."

She blushed lightly. "No way, I mean... my mouth rivals Steven Tyler's... and... my nose, I mean, God, look at it it's huge... and..."

"No, Dee... You're beautiful. I mean it."

Idina smiled widely, placing her hands on mine and I blushed again. "Thanks, Kristin. It means a lot to me. And... if it means anything... to you. I hope you win tonight. I really hope you win tonight."

I shook my head, "No, Idina, you deserve it more than me. I already have mine." She blinked, tears rolling down her cheeks. I laughed softly, realizing how ridiculous we'd look if someone walked in. The two of us standing there in a mirror, all but embracing in our underwear, Idina crying and me on the verge of tears myself. When she laughed too I felt a bit better, turning her around and pulling her into a tight hug. She circled her arms around me and hugged me tighter. "No matter what happens tonight," I murmured softly into her ear, "I think you're amazing."

Idina pulled back, wiping the tears from her eyes. She smiled, her eyes sparkling with tears and joy. I shook my head and kissed her mouth gently. She gasped slightly then leaned in, kissing me back slowly. When the kiss broke, we looked at each other curiously, cheeks pink. "Kristin... What..."

"Oh wow. I'm sorry, Dee... I shouldn't have..." I stepped away, walking back over to my vanity, hands shaking as I continued taking off my costume's undergarments. I looked into the mirror and jumped, startled to see Idina still staring at me.

"Why are you apologizing?" Her hands played at the clasp of her bra, eventually unhooking it.

"Idina... I... you're married and I'm..."

"I'm married and you're what? You're a girl?" She smirked with her mouth but not her eyes, giving away her lack of confidence.

"Oh no, I know I'm a girl... I'm just not who you're married to. I don't want Taye kicking my ass... he's beefy. I've seen The Wood, I know what he's packing. That is. Muscularly... speaking." I laughed and Idina laughed with me.

"He doesn't care, Kristin... after that whole incident at Syracuse, we've kinda... loosened up a bit." Did I just hear her right? He doesn't... she really shouldn't have told me that. Really really shouldn't have told me that. Idina shrugged off the bra and I swallowed. "So... you were saying?"

I turned to her, finally able to tear my eyes away from her reflection. I walked over to her, with a hesitant but determined stride. I'd wanted to do this for about three years, and dammit, I had a green light. I placed a hand on either side of her neck, pulling her down into a fierce, hungry kiss. Idina kissed back, hands wandering down from my shoulders to my breasts and further down, caressing gently over my hips and back. A knock on the door startled us, as the voice of a stage hand came through, "We've got five more minutes until your seat fillers have to move, ladies."

We giggled and pulled apart with one more kiss. I stepped gingerly into my red and pink dress, Idina zipping up the back for me while I adjusted myself in the front. I sat at my vanity, fixing my makeup and curls as Idina slipped into her long violet dress. I picked up her necklace, putting it around her neck, taking the opportunity to lean down and kiss it gently. "Good luck," I whispered gently against her skin.

Idina smiled gratefully, "You too, Kristin."

We held hands all the way back to our seats. When we sat down, Taye got up to go prepare for the award he was presenting. Our friends sitting around us congratulated us on a good performance, patting us on the back and kissing us on the cheeks. Idina, who was sitting behind me, kept reaching forward and nervously rubbing my shoulder reassuringly, though I think it was more for her than me. Taye came back after a few minutes, sitting back down beside Idina, giving her a light kiss on the lips. Idina grinned and whispered in Taye's ear, causing Taye to grin widely. I shook my head, watching the show go on and on. As if in some cruel show of torture, they saved the award we were nominated for as the third to last. When they read my name off with the other nominees, my heart soared. It leapt when they said Idina's and I could hear her smling. When I turned to look at her she leaned over and I wrapped my arms around her neck and pressed my lips gently against her cheeks and the corner of her mouth, "Congratulations," I murmured.

She pulled back and beamed, kissing Taye on the cheek gently. They exchanged soft I love yous and Idina stood to walk up to the stage. I reached for her, squeezing her hand gently as she walked by, turning again to smile at me. I had tears and my eyes and I clasped my hands in front of my chest, beaming. She stood up on the stage, holding the Tony, tears in her eyes and a grin on her face, in complete shock. "I am so proud to be in a musical that celebrates women, that celebrates their strengths and their differences, and to be in the company of these women this evening is a dream for me. Thank you so much. And Kristin Chenoweth, you are the grace and the light on that stage every night. This is something we built together and I love you." My heart stopped at those words, the tears giving up at staying in my eyes and streaming down my cheeks. I blew her tiny kisses and mouthed I love you! to her. "And Joe Mantello has had the faith in me for three and a half years and kicked my butt into this role. And Stephen Schwartz for writing the most beautiful music someone could sing eight times a week and Winnie Holzman for giving the green girl a heart. And the producers Mark Platt and David Stone and everyone and Tanya Travers, my voice teacher, and Heather Reynolds and Bonnie Bernstein and Joby Horrigan and Joe Dulude and Al Annotto get me in and out of this silly green makeup every night. And the cast, Joel Grey, Carole Shelley, Norbert Butz, the crew for getting me safe up and down and on the flying machine. And my mother, my father, my sister Cara and my grandmother are here tonight. Thank you for taking me to see Dreamgirls and Annie and everything growing up. And my beautiful, beautiful husband who tells me he loves me every time I feel like the biggest loser. I love you so much! Thank you everybody!"

Taye reached forward, giving me a little hug. "That's our girl up there!" he said softly into my ear, hugging me again. "You two have fun tonight at the party."

Comments

( 16 comments — Leave a comment )
raining_cloud
Jun. 13th, 2004 01:23 pm (UTC)
*grin* lovely! they really do need to get together, don't they?

*e-cuddles*
~Laura
elekanahmen
Jun. 13th, 2004 04:45 pm (UTC)
Indeed they really do.
softershade
Jun. 13th, 2004 02:23 pm (UTC)
that was so good, what a thing to come home to!
can't wait for the next part.
and a dedication too, yay.
elekanahmen
Jun. 13th, 2004 04:47 pm (UTC)
hehehe there should be a chapter of strawberries by the end of the night.
softershade
Jun. 13th, 2004 06:06 pm (UTC)
yay!
amberkb
Jun. 13th, 2004 02:33 pm (UTC)
Quite lovely so far...although I found that you spelled "award" wrong...You might want to fix it. :)
elekanahmen
Jun. 13th, 2004 04:48 pm (UTC)
g thankee! *giggles and hugs* i've got you reading my slashipoo.
x_elle_79
Jun. 13th, 2004 06:05 pm (UTC)
hey! is your icon lyric from "Rainbow Connection?" that song is the ish. haha. i heard it at a dance recital. little 3-year-olds did a ballet dance to it, haha.
amberkb
Jun. 13th, 2004 06:10 pm (UTC)
Umm....I believe it was actually. Another person made the icon...but I believe when I got it from her, that is was. LOL. I just liked the purrty picture
wickedwitchbaby
Jun. 13th, 2004 03:42 pm (UTC)
*McDonald's theme* Ba da ba ba ba...I'M LOVIN' IT!
elekanahmen
Jun. 13th, 2004 04:52 pm (UTC)
ahhh evil justin timberlake in my head *claws at ears and turns on idina*
x_elle_79
Jun. 13th, 2004 06:19 pm (UTC)
AMAZING fic. i loved it from kristin's point of view. :D

guess what! i got the book! YAY! it was the last one, and it wasn't even in the section. like, there were none left in the "m" section, so i took it from the front display of the fast-sellers, and it was the only one left. i squealed at the sight of green. haha.
elekanahmen
Jun. 13th, 2004 06:53 pm (UTC)
yayness!
hearthandprints
Jun. 14th, 2004 02:20 pm (UTC)
so since i just had a weekend from hell, this was the best way to make me happy. i love it, and i can't wait for the rest!

*feels all special cause you mentioned me and part of my newfound strawberries obsession* you are such a doll, and i adore you ♥
crashcart9
Dec. 8th, 2005 08:35 am (UTC)
Oh, Taye is a sweetheart. He's gonna share! (Though I'd rather he just gave Idina to her.)
The quotsey bits, were they really what she said at the Tonys? (Must... Find.... Someone with the TAPE!)
~Alexandria
(Who is just reading all your Chenzel fics because she's too stupid to just go to sleep.)
crashcart9
Dec. 8th, 2005 08:37 am (UTC)
Just read the little disclaimer where you said that the speech was verbatim and smacked self on head for not noticing that earlier.
( 16 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

May 2010
S M T W T F S

Tags