?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Garcia/Prentiss // Drabble // Thunder

Title: Thunder
Author: Jax/elekanahmen 
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: Garcia/Prentiss
Word Count: 514 (i know, just longer than drabble technically)
Rating: PG (Language hits a shit at worst)
Warnings: if the mention of bisque dolls makes you squeamish, avoid. Spoilers to "Penelope"
Summary: "Thunder" Garcia faces her fears. (AU without Kevin as I <3 Kevin)
Authors Note: The first of my multi-pairing drabble table. Thanks to severity_softly  for holding my hand and encouraging me to give Garcia some lovin'. This one's for you sev.

There wasn’t much that Penelope Garcia was afraid of. Among the few things that she did fear were irreversible hard-drive nuking computer viruses, running a Naxxramas raid with a bunch of noob pugs and thunder. It wasn’t that she didn’t love thunderstorms, she did… granted a surge protector and a generator, she loved them dearly. Until the thunder started to sound too much like the hammer of a revolver, an explosion of gunpowder, a bullet with her name on it. It was a Saturday night and she was at Emily Prentiss’s townhouse to help her set up a wireless network when the thunderstorm exploded over the capitol. She hoped she masked the fact that the sudden crack made her jump out of her skin.

She was wrong.

“You okay, Garcia?’ Emily’s hand was soft on the small of her back.

“Fine as ever, sunshine!”

“You might know your way around a router but you’re a godawful liar, Penelope Garcia.” Emily stood up slowly, offering a hand to her friend. “Tell you what, lets wait out the storm with some wine.”

Penelope pushed her glasses up slowly, looking up at Emily. She smiled and took her hand, standing up. “That sounds nice.” She smirked. “Make it a slippery nipple and it sounds rad.”

“Rad?” Emily nearly snorted. “God I haven’t heard that since—”

“Oh, honey, don’t you dare date yourself! I love thinking of you as miraculously and permanently 28, just like me. Rad is coming back, it’s the new black.”

A smirk spread across the dark red lipstick stain of Emily’s lips. “Permanently 28? Oh, Penelope, I love you dear.”

Garcia pursed her lips and kissed the air, blowing it to Emily. “Feeling’s mutual, darlin.” It was, she admired and respected the woman. But it didn’t explain the flutter in her chest at Emily’s touch.

The two made their way to the kitchen and Emily mused over her liquor cabinet. “Would a caramel appeltini be good middle ground between wine and a slippery nipple?”

Penelope flinched as lighting and thunder flickered and crashed together. “Any liquor would be frakkin’ amazing, sweetpea.”

Prentiss laughed, making them drinks. It wasn’t long before two became four then six. The storm was still raging wildly outside and the sound was still frightening Garcia. Shifting on the couch, Emily moved closer. “It’s okay, you know...”

“Whassat? Being a bit tipsy?”

“Well that’s always okay. I meant it’s okay to be afraid.”

“Am not--”

“I’m afraid of dolls.”

“Dolls? Baby, how do you go into my office?”

“Not your little anime thingies...”

“Gashapon.”

“Bless you. No, bisque dolls. They scare the SHIT out of me.”

Garcia laughed loudly. “You’re kidding right?”

“Seriously! Old porcelain dolls Scare me shitless.” Emily shook her head.

“You just need a brave knight.”

Emily looked at her, eyes suddenly serious, though still glazed from the martinis. “Maybe I need you.”

And for the first time in her life, Penelope was speechless.

And for the first time since she was shot, Penelope did not jump at the crack of thunder when Emily’s lips met hers.

Comments

( 10 comments — Leave a comment )
mcgarrygirl78
Mar. 31st, 2009 03:25 pm (UTC)
A little different for me but I love the Emily and Penelope that you wrote in this, especially Emily. Scared of porcelain dolls...I can identify totally. And go Emily for making that first move.
elekanahmen
Mar. 31st, 2009 03:33 pm (UTC)
The porcelain doll thing came from an episode of paranormal state that JJ and I watched last night about a house that used to be a doll museum that was haunted by a "soul collector" it opened with a bunch of creepy ass shots of bisque dolls. JJ said it was going to give her nightmares.

I like speechless penelope

especially when she's speechless because her mouth is otherwise occupied ;)
mcgarrygirl78
Mar. 31st, 2009 03:55 pm (UTC)
Speechless Penelope is cute. And having her mouth otherwise occupied, yeah, now I'm kinda speechless : )
elekanahmen
Mar. 31st, 2009 04:01 pm (UTC)
i feel like emily and i need to high five over that...
severity_softly
Mar. 31st, 2009 08:14 pm (UTC)
“Gashapon.”

“Bless you.

LOL!

I LOVE this. You should definitely write more of them. *nodnod*

:D
elekanahmen
Mar. 31st, 2009 08:24 pm (UTC)
*snuggles* i literally just yelled "YAY! SEVERITY LIKED IT!" and startled the dog.

*cuddles* it was harder than i thought but i think that now that i've broken the ice, it will come much easier.

now is your turn ;)
severity_softly
Mar. 31st, 2009 08:31 pm (UTC)
LOL You're so cute! :D

I sorta kinda think I like them more than JJ/Em >.>

I threatened Innerslytherin with it this morning when she made me start a new fic, but then I was nice and let her decide who would be on the other side of Garcia's door. And it's wound up Morgan/Reid. LOL

Maybe... Hmm....
triggerhappy
Mar. 31st, 2009 11:14 pm (UTC)
Awww! Very cute.

And I wasn't sure what bisque dolls were, but after looking at the link you provided - they are totally worthy of being scared shitless over.
pina_spence
Apr. 1st, 2009 01:30 am (UTC)
Fanfuckintastic. As with everything you do... You really need to do some REID stuff. IJS.
aerosolgolfclub
Dec. 15th, 2009 12:31 am (UTC)
omg bb. i <3 it!

you already know what i'm gonna say you need some of, right? dr. spencer reid bb.
( 10 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

May 2010
S M T W T F S

Tags