No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Writing survey from Monty

Stolen from mcgarrygirl78 ...

For the year of 2008...

Fics Completed:
I'm going to be brave and actually list these shits
Denial (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, PG)
The Drug You Can't Deny (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, Heavy R)
Skivvies (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, R)
Admission (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, PG)
The Morning After (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, PG)
Chaverot (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, PG)
The Consequences of Falling (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, R)
Laundry Day is a Very Dangerous Day (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, NC-17)
Prepare to be Boarded (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, NC-17)
I Think I'm Ready (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, G)
Revenge is a Dish Best Served Hot (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, NC-17)
The Hostage Situation (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, NC-17)
Safe With Me (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, PG)
The Gift (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, NC-17)
Wonderful Child (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, G)
Sore Loser (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, R)
Control (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, NC-17)
A Very Wicked Halloween (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, NC-17)
Of Mothers and Whiskey (Criminal Minds Em/JJ, PG-13)
2,000 Miles (Criminal Minds Hotch/Em, PG to NC-17)
The Liar, The Bitch & The Crime Scene (Criminal Minds Hotch/Em, PG-13)

Fics (multi-chapter) Started or Continued: Two
Strawberries Chapters 24-26 (Wicked Femslash, PG)
Kill Will Chapters 0-2 (Criminal Minds Femslash, PG-13)
2,000 Miles 1-3 + The Liar, The Witch & The Crime Scene 1 (Criminal Minds Het, PG through NC-17)

Total:
24 (30 if you count chapters individually, one counted is an anonymous exchange fic that will be revealed in January)

Looking back, did you write more fics than you thought you would this year, less than you thought, or about what you predicted?
At the beginning of this year I thought, hey, maybe I'll crank out some strawberries and actually finish that bitch. Yeahhh that happened. *snort* didn't see this CM thing coming a mile away, but oh i'm so glad it did.

Where did you publish/archive your stories?
_imitatinglife , wicked_fanfic , cm_femslash , passion_perfect , women_in_kevlar , femslash_smut , cm_exchange (will be revealed in Jan), hotch_prentiss

What pairing/genre/fandom did you write that you would never have predicted in January 2008?
Like I said, The whole CM Fanfic thing came out of left field, I never expected to write JJ/Emily and definitely didn't expect the Hotch/Emily or the Emily/Jordan that I'll be writing this week.

What’s your favorite story this year? Not the most popular, but the one that makes you the happiest.
The one that made me the happiest... Mmmm... I think Laundry Day Is A Very Dangerous Day because Rosie and I were actually out doing laundry when the inspiration struck and I seriously think I had the most fun with it.

Okay, NOW your most popular story.
I Think I'm Ready has the most comments on _imitatinglife and, frankly, I'm to lazy to go count comments between P&P, WIK and CMFS... waaaay too lazy.

Story most underappreciated by the universe?
None of my Hotch/Em stories have had the response that my Em/JJ stories have had, so I'm mostly writing them for myself (as well as hopskotch_hotch , mcgarrygirl78 and babyfirefly ) And no, JJ/Emily shippers, I will not take that as a hint to stop writing het, bite your tongue.

Story that could have been better?
I really feel like my cm_exchange fic could have been waaaaaaay better, but I've been told the opposite holds true. To each their own.

Sexiest story?
Control, hands DOWN. Just the domination and the way Emily completely submits to JJ... gah.

Most fun story?
Prepare to be Boarded, obv. Anything written for Talk Like A Pirate Day is crack on a stick.

Story with single sweetest moment?
Wonderful Child. It got the most "awwwwww" comments and, I mean, really? Anything with a five year old version of Emily and JJ's two year old daughter (AU, obv) will be my sweetest piece.

The story that made you cry?
I'm not sure if this counts, but in RP-ing Montiese's piece The Last Word (Hotch/Em, Teen,) I cried... A lot. Because I really felt for Emily's side of the argument (which I was giving) and it broke my heart to feel that way for Emily. I also cried while editing various pieces of JJ's In This Farewell (Hotch/Em, Teen-Mature,) but that doesn't count either, surely. But my pieces? I don't think I've cried writing any of them.

Hardest story to write?
Honestly, lately, Strawberries has been the hardest to write because I fee so disconnected from the Wicked fandom and from those characters. I still hold myself to my promise to finish it, I just don't know when that will happen

Easiest story to write?
Wonderful Child came almost literally out of nowhere and it makes me really happy because it's nothing but happy melty syrupy lovey fluff and there's nothing better than fluff.

Most overdue story?
Besides finishing Strawberries? The oldest fic on my prompt list is for </a></b></a>calliopes_muse: CM: JJ/Emily, Alternate "In Heat" ending sans Crawfish, Smut, NC-17

Did you take any writing risks this year? What did you learn from them?
For me, writing het was a huge step... and I thank babyfirefly  and mcgarrygirl78  for holding my hands and, at times, literally helping me write the smut. It was harder than you think. I  learned to trust the people that I  love and that maybe, as my tag says, hotch/emily isn't so bad.

Do you have any fanfic goals for the New Year?
I want to finish my prompt list within the first few months of 2009. I do think that I'm going to close it up, ie. not take anymore prompts, for a while because with my bi-weekly RP goodies from mcgarrygirl78 , I am getting a new prompt every two weeks AND those crazy hotch_prentiss  kids post new prompts every couple of weeks that seem to grab me by the balls, if you will. So yeah. That. SOOO sorry about that. I sometimes forget to bounce between Rich Text and HTML and It makes me want to punch things.

Tags:

Latest Month

May 2010
S M T W T F S

Tags