?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Hotch/Emily // Fic // 2000 Miles (2/3)

Title: 2000 Miles (2/3)
Author: elekanahmen aka Jax
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: Hotch/Emily (IKR???!)
Disclaimer- I don't own them, as they're clearly NOT chained up in my closet. Title isn't mine either, it's a Christmas song.
Rating: R (for now)
Warnings: Het (yes, from me, that is a warning,) Body piercings, tattoos and smoking. Emily is secretly a heterosexual bad girl. Rawr.
Summary: Hotch's ear problem is bothering him after an explosion in the field. Emily takes it upon herself to get him back to Quantico safely and Shenanigans ensue.
Prompt: hotch_prentiss December Challenge Phrase: "Road Trip"
Author's Note: Okay, so I admit it. I've been reading Hotchily. Beyond that, I've been co-writing it with babyfirefly... And, well, mcgarrygirl78 too... And so I joined hotch_prentiss and in the recently posted Challenge list, mcgarrygirl78 made a very poorly disguised jab at the fact that while I'd co-authored no fewer than four chapters and one short, I've yet to write some Hotchily of my own. So here I am, traitor to all things JJ/Emily... writing a three-part, role-play based Hotch/Prentiss fic... co-written by mcgarrygirl78 my digital muse and encouraged heavily by babyfirefly my irl muse and girlfriend. OH yeah, and hopskotch_hotch, you didn't help anything either by being blindingly fabulous.
AN 2: Broken into 3 parts because it came from nearly four hour aim/text based RP with mcgarrygirl78 which with my wordiness, the second 1/3 of it is about 2.5k words.

Chapter 1

Hotch looked over at her after a few miles of the chill of being watched. “What?”

“Nothing.” Emily replied softly, leaning her head back against the headrest.

Hotch shook his head, sighing. “I’m not going to break, Prentiss.”

“Oh, I know, Hotch. That’s not what I was thinking.” She smiled to herself at the secret thoughts scurrying around like so many mice lurking in corners.

“Tell me what you were thinking?” His voice matched hers in softness and tone, earnestly curious.

With her head propped up by an arm against her knees, Emily smiled. “I was thinking that I ought to remember this because I doubt I’ll get to see you sans tie with your sleeves rolled up many more times.”

He smirked. “I don’t wear a tie all the time.”

“You don’t?!” Emily gasped playfully. “I’m absolutely shocked, Agent Hotchner, I thought it was what kept your head attached.”

Recalling a time Jack had said the same thing to him, Hotch shook his head, trying unsuccessfully to stifle a laugh. “I do not wear a tie all the time.”

Nestling her chin into her open palm, Emily grinned. “Well, you look just as good without one as you do with.” No sooner had the words left her mouth than she bit her tongue, wishing she could snatch the words out of the air and shove them back into her mouth to swallow them for good. Eager for a distraction, she snatched her iPod, turning the volume up as Ballroom Blitz came on.

Hotch glanced over, amused at the usually cool and collected Supervisory Special Agent fidgeting in her seat more than she could be accused of dancing. His lips quirked into a smile. “Can I ask you something, Pren… Emily?”

Emily looked over, her lip caught between her teeth. She opened her mouth, realeasing the now swollen lip, “Sure?” Hotch could swear the word was almost squeaked.

“Is that an FBI issue nipple ring, or what?”

The color drained from Emily’s cheeks, leaving only the light layer of blush that she’d powdered on that morning. “Oh God… you noticed that, huh?”

He held up a hand in defense. “I couldn’t help it, the AC… and, well, you know… I’m sorry. Nevermind…”

Emily sighed, “It’s not usually… I usually wear a more padded bra so that it’s not so obvious but today was just so hot…” She was babbling and Hotch wasn’t sure if it was just him, but the babbling was almost as attractive as the metal ring he’d caught sight of pressed against her thin tanktop. “I’m sorry, si… Hotch…” She murmured. “I can take it out… if it bothers you.”

Eyes wide, Hotch glanced over at Emily, who was staring out the window, ears and cheeks pink. “Here? Just like that?”

Emily’s fists tightened on her knees, her knuckles almost white, her cheeks flushing pinker still. “Well, if it bothers you! I figured… I’d just keep it in until someone said something.” She opened one hand to make a vague gesture before closing her fist again. “I didn’t know if it was against bureau policy or not, it doesn’t exactly say in the handbook, you know.”

“Yeah, they like to be vague on purpose, don’t get me started on that.” Hotch glanced across the SUV out of the corner of his eye. “So a nipple ring, a navel ring, a tattoo and a tank top. Perhaps we should have rented a motorcycle for our little road trip?”

Why wouldn’t the seat just swallow her whole, right there? Emily pushed further back against it, her face nearly red. “Oh, you don’t miss a beat, do you, Hotch?”

He took his eyes off the road a moment longer to look over, taking in the beauty beside him, pink cheeks and all. His thoughts raced through his head, How could I? You are by far one of the most beautiful and intriguing women I have ever come in contact with. Now I am in a car with you for three days and surely a motel room or two. I must be out of my mind.

Emily decided his silence deserved an escape tactic, blame college. “Well, you know, not everyone who goes to Yale is a stick in the mud. We’ll just… Leave it at that, what do you say?” She forced a brave smile, looking over.

“For now,” he said, his tone grave but his lips twitching to grin wickedly, “but I reserve the right for additional teasing when I’m drowsy.”

Emily scoffed. “You know, I didn’t even want the nipple ring, it was a drunken dare with a hundred bucks on the line. I only kept it because… well… what they say is true.”

“What who says?”

Time for another distraction. “Oooh, AC/DC!” Emily turned the volume up louder. Hotch shook his head, trying to keep his focus on the road, not her lips, her breasts, her hips… the way she was swaying and dancing in her seat. He urged thoughts of Mrs. Moriarty, his Kindergarten teacher, Jack’s Sunday School lessons for the week, his mother—anything to keep him from needing to explain to a highway patrolman why the Tahoe had miraculously careened into the dividing wall. All effort was lost when Emily opened her mouth, starting to sing along miraculously on-key. “She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean, she was the best damn woman I had ever seen…”

Hotch closed his eyes for a brief moment, Knocking me out with those American thighs… Oh Hell yes, Prentiss, I’ll take two with a side of nipple ring and I am surely going to hell for even thinking that... Fraternization, Strauss, Fraternization, Strauss…

Takin’ more than her share, had me fighting for air, she told me to come but I was already there!” Emily trailed off, glancing over at Hotch as a very unusual whimper escaped his lips.

“Emily, Emily…”

“Hotch, are you OK?” Emily was worried, he was acting almost delirious.

“I don’t think so… I’m not sure.”

She reached over, grasping his arm gently. “What is it, what’s wrong?”

“Um, nothing. I’m okay.” He glanced over her, catching the disbelief in her eyes. “I’m OK, really, Emily.” I will be fine now that you’re not moving anymore. How can I ask you to stay still and not explain why? “I just… this is going to be a really long drive. I guess I just hit me.”

“Is my music that bad? I can put something else on, I just figured the classic rock playlist would be more common ground for us…”

“No,” he smiled, “the music is fine. I actually love the Back in Black album. You seem to enjoy it too.” He laughed, doing a half-second mimic of her chair-dance.

“Hey, it’s my all time favorite AC/DC song. Their new stuff isn’t half bad, either. I love Rock ‘N Roll train.” She smiled. So Hotch was a closet rocker.

Cover You In Oil is pretty good. A bit much, but pretty good,” he nodded. “I guess by the end of this, we’re going to know each other really well aren’t we?”

A smile spread across her lips. “We will…” Perhaps Biblically… She mentally smacked herself for the thought crossing her mind.

Hotch, on the other hand, was mentally struggling himself, his mind suddenly filled with images of Emily’s grinding chair-dance done straddling his hips, naked in a seedy motel room, her hair down, framing her face, the nipple ring tempting him to take it into his mouth… He had to swerve when he realized he’d drifted dangerously close to the divider. Emily looked up at him, her hand still on his arm as she watched him carefully. Shaking his head clear of the desperately inappropriate thoughts, the Unit Chief sighed. “I need to relax. I never relax anymore and I’m afraid I don’t remember how…”

Emily laughed, sitting back. “I can think of a few ways…” she quipped under her breath.

“I’m sorry?” Hotch glanced back at her before training his eyes back on the road.

“Nothing.”

“Uh uh, you said something. What would Garcia say here? Ah. Spill.” His raised his eyebrow playfully.

“I said,” she groaned, cheeks flushing yet again, “I can think of a few ways.”

Beneath his white oxford, Hotch’s heart lurched at her words. Pretending he wasn’t out of breath at the mere thought, he licked his lips. “Really? Do tell…”

Rather than blurt out me on top of you, Emily scrambled for ways she’d read about, trying to channel Dr. Reid’s eidetic memory. “Exercise, a good massage, a good road trip,” she gestured at the Tahoe, “maybe even a good stripper!” She laughed. So much for channeling Reid.

“Have you been spending time with Rossi?” Hotch chuckled as Emily wiggled her eyebrows.

“Maybe.”

“So I need a massage and a stripper, huh?” Something tells me you could do both and give me exercise, Agent Prentiss… “I don’t think I need to see a strange woman take her clothes off…”

“More women than strippers know hoe to strip, you know,” ahh there was he good doctor she was trying for earlier. “It’s a popular aerobic workout, now.”

“Oh, is it?”

“Yup.”

“Do you…”

There was that need to sink back into her seat again… “Aaron Hotchner!” She gaped, disbelieving that her usually stoic boss had just asked her that question.

“I didn’t mean—”

“Not that it’s any of your business but yes. I’ve taken a few classes.”

It was Hotch’s turn to gape. “So, yes…” he mumbled. “Well, do you enjoy it?”

“It’s a good workout…” she offered hoping it would deter the conversation despite Hotch now wondering if he could give her a better workout. “It also helps me chase unsubs in heels.

“Yes, well, good exercise is important. Especially with your other dirty habits.”

Emily raised her eyebrow, opening her mouth before she realized he meant her cigarettes. “Speaking of…” She snatched her cigarettes up. Finally, something to put in her mouth so she could fixate and not speak. She lit up a long, thin, brown clove, taking a long drag, her eyes skimming over the empty Arizona landscape. They were close to New Mexico now.

“When did you start that?”

She looked up, surprised at his question. “Odessa. I was sixteen.”

“I never even tried. The Eagle Scout in me, I guess.” He watched as the smoke swirled around her, the way her lips curled around the cigarette, his body responding, reminding him just how long this trip would be.

Licking her lips, Emily tapped the cigarette on the open window, ashing it carefully. “So, how’s Jack?”

“Good,” his body quieted at the topic of his son, still humming quietly because of the woman beside him, though now controllable. “I don’t see him enough, but I make the most of every second. We talk on the phone every day. I never intended to become a part-time parent.”

Another long slow drag and beat. Emily sighed, exhaling, the smoke swirling toward the window. “No one ever does, really. I’ve always wanted to be a parent… JJ said that I’d be a good mom. I just… worry… ya know?”

“About what? You are smart, funny, strong, fun… you can regale your kids with stories of smoking cloves in Odessa and losing bets for nipple rings and threaten them with your handcuffs and police brutality when they’re out of line. You will be a great mother.”

“I worry that I’ll become my mother. You know, have my children resent me half of their lives and by the time they’re grown have to struggle to rebuild it all…”

“No way,” Hotch shook his head. “I know your mother, remember? She’s a fascinating woman and you have many of her good qualities. You also have a spark that she doesn’t. An inferno, actually.”

She raised an eyebrow, amused at his choice of words, considering the inferno currently raging inside of her for him. “An inferno? Pray, do tell.”

That sounded like your mother.” He laughed.

“Goddd don’t say that.” She licked her lips yet again, finishing off the clove, tossing the smoldering butt out after rolling it between her fingers a bit, the taste rolling over her lips with the smoke as she exhales. Hotch looked away, feeling once again a bit breathless from watching her. “Well?” She asked. “Inferno?”

Hotch grasped for words. “Everyone loves you, why would your children be any different?”

“That’s not answering the question, Aaron.”

“Aaron? Ouch, we are getting comfortable, aren’t we?”

Emily grinned wickedly, “Sounded better, I was going for annoyed. Aaron has a little more sting to it.”

“It really does. Are you sure you didn’t grow up in the south?” He laughed. “Okay, your inferno… it’s just more than a spark, I guess. Without you ever intending, I’m sure because you’re not that kind of person. And yet, everyone in the room gravitates toward you. Emily, do you know the way men look at you?”

Her mouth suddenly felt very dry. “I… try to ignore the way men look at me. It makes my skin crawl most of the time. Though… there are a few men that I allow the indulgence without mentally castrating them.”

“Those few should count themselves lucky. And if they are allowed the indulgence of getting to know you as well…” he trailed off, clearing his throat.

“And if that? Tell me, Hotch, how do those men count themselves? There’s only one I can think of that even fits that particular description.”

I knew it, Hotch thought to himself, she is seeing someone. Dammit. There has been something different lately, her hair maybe, the extra confidence in her walk…”

“Well?” Emily swallowed, her mouth feeling like so many cotton balls as she decided to lay out her hand. She turned in her seat, resting her hip against the back so that she could face him entirely. “Tell me, Hotch. You’re the only one who knows. How does it feel?”

Comments

( 8 comments — Leave a comment )
mcgarrygirl78
Dec. 3rd, 2008 06:51 pm (UTC)
You evil bunny!!!!! What a place to cut it off.....I turned the page I printed out and nothing was there. I almost screamed except I was in the kitchen with my co-workers. OMG, love love love, you so rock! Cannot wait to see what's coming in the last part. Nervous Hotch and putting it all on the line might just be the sexiest thing ever. ever : D
elekanahmen
Dec. 3rd, 2008 06:59 pm (UTC)
Meee? an evil bunny? nawww never! Hahahaha

I love that you printed it out to read over lunch. That really makes me smile. what a placement for that last line to be at the end of a page.

YOU KNOW WHAT'S COMING NEXT, YOU WERE MY HOTCH. lmfao. you know what's coming and how many times. :-p

*snuggles* thank you for the kind words and encouragement, you're such a sweetie <3
sofia_lindsay
Dec. 5th, 2008 03:14 am (UTC)
O.O

I'm worrying about you right now...
elekanahmen
Dec. 5th, 2008 03:18 am (UTC)
I AM NOT A TRAITOR

i'm just experimenting
lostnfoundcause
Dec. 5th, 2008 07:22 am (UTC)
Well, well. I like it, damnit!!! lol I approve, it is fun. :]
elekanahmen
Dec. 5th, 2008 04:18 pm (UTC)
thanks darlin, means the world to me.
jessi_08
Dec. 6th, 2008 03:09 am (UTC)
Hmm...I like! hotch isnt so bad after all, he has a heart, and...feelings. Amazing! a guy has a heart!
abilena
Jan. 31st, 2009 07:36 pm (UTC)
I like this teasing, fun side of Hotch. And you know I love Emily. So that means I'm liking this story.

P.S. I don't think you are a traitor.
( 8 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

May 2010
S M T W T F S

Tags