JJ/Emily // Fic // Sore Loser

Title: Sore Loser
Author: elekanahmen aka Jax
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: JJ/Emily, JJ/WIll, Emily/OFC
Disclaimer- I don't own them, as they're clearly NOT chained up in my closet
Rating: R for implied sex, alcohol use
Summary: Emily drowns her sorrows.
Note: Angst. I know, shocker, right, I don't usually angst (in fic). Today is the precise day that warrants a little angst so... yeah. To xiotonks, peacetea2 and umbrellarising for putting up with my emo angsting this morning/afternoon. Sorry for being Debby Downer. Loosely based on the song "Sore Loser" by Amy Kuney, less than loosely based on my own personal drama.

She danced.

She drank.

Let the alcohol burn down her throat much the same way the tears had burned down her cheeks the night before. And the night before that. And so on.

She dove headlong into vices that she’d long ago abandoned with the Smiths records and black eyeliner stashed in the attic at the Prentiss Estate.

She stalked the dance floor and found the first girl she could that didn’t have blonde hair or blue eyes. Pressed herself against the stranger and moved against her with a smoldering fury that the girl didn’t deserve. But the girl wouldn’t know it was anger, bitterness, resentment… just furious movement, pressing, grinding, dancing gyration. Heat.

She wouldn’t see the tears that mixed with the sweat running down Emily’s cheeks that night. No one would.

She didn’t flinch when Emily sobbed the name Jennifer as she came even though her name was Gina.

Emily wasn’t surprised to wake up alone. She didn’t expect her to stay. She padded into the kitchen, Her fingers wrapped easily around the bottle of whiskey on the counter. She didn’t even bother getting out a glass; she simply unscrewed the cap and took a long, painful swig of it.

She didn’t want to know if it was her tears or the cheap whiskey that caused the burning in her eyes. She didn’t want to look at the calendar and know that it was a year ago today that she’d come home from Milwaukee with her life turned upside down, her heart racing and her lips tingling from the kiss that JJ had placed on them. That today wasn’t the day that JJ was curled up with him. With that slimy, scowling, southern snake. That today his hands were caressing her swollen, pregnant stomach as they mulled over baby names.

With a tip of her head she drained the bottle and in a moment of rage that more resembled her mother than herself she snapped her wrist, flinging the empty bottle across the room, smirking with satisfaction at the echoing shatter, a sound that resonated deep inside of her. Or was the bottle merely a parroting of the sound that had been echoing through her own heart, her own mind since May when she watched JJ, her JJ latching herself onto him. Or June when, with a sparkle in her eye and not so much as a blink toward Emily, announced her pregnancy as William LaMontagne, Jr. slipped his arms around her waist, his eyes meeting Emily’s with a gleam, a gloat that simply said I win.

And he had.

And Emily’s parting gift? Her consolation prize? An endless string of one night stands, a shattered, empty bottle of whiskey and a crisp, neatly folded piece of faux parchment card stock with gold letters embossed, letting her know that she was invited to the wedding of Jennifer Jareau and William LaMontagne, Jr.

Emily smirked at her reflection in the wide, picture window, ghosted over the city that still throbbed against the still-dark early morning sky. “Welcome to second place, Emily Prentiss,” she whispered to the reflection, watching the ghost’s lips match hers in time, “tell me, how does it feel to be back?”

Comments

( 36 comments — Leave a comment )
xiotonks
Oct. 11th, 2008 08:09 pm (UTC)
*kisses your forhead*
elekanahmen
Oct. 11th, 2008 08:10 pm (UTC)
jessi_08
Oct. 11th, 2008 08:49 pm (UTC)
that was great, yet really sad...
elekanahmen
Oct. 11th, 2008 08:51 pm (UTC)
thanks jess ♥
(no subject) - jessi_08 - Oct. 11th, 2008 08:52 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - elekanahmen - Oct. 11th, 2008 08:52 pm (UTC) - Expand
calliopes_muse
Oct. 11th, 2008 09:17 pm (UTC)
Ouch!!! Poor Em! Been there, done that, have the fucking T-shirt.
elekanahmen
Oct. 11th, 2008 10:05 pm (UTC)
i have the tee shirt, the hoodie, the hat, the commemorative tote bag and the knitted tea cozy.

i think i might even have the coffee mug somewhere.

*nuzzles* ♥
umbrellarising
Oct. 11th, 2008 09:25 pm (UTC)
*Sween son Lexie's name*
So first, I am going to snuggle you.
And love you.
And have your babies.

And then I'm going to tell you that was amazing.

*Snuggle, loves, has babies*
"That was amazing."

*Is Lexie, on Lexie's name*

Oh the angst. Oh, you. Amazing!

*Loves*
elekanahmen
Oct. 11th, 2008 10:06 pm (UTC)
sweens, would lexie let you have my babies? you know taht requires secks. and i dunno how i feel about sexin you with lexie right there... or at all ;)

thank you darling

*snuggles lexie* thank you lex.

*loves you both*
sophies_remedy
Oct. 11th, 2008 10:03 pm (UTC)
I think my heart just broke for her. I may need snuggling after that one.
elekanahmen
Oct. 11th, 2008 10:04 pm (UTC)
i did not mean to break your heart... *grabs my roommate's epoxy and start's gluing things back together*

*snuggles and cuddles and hugs*
(no subject) - sophies_remedy - Oct. 11th, 2008 11:14 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - elekanahmen - Oct. 11th, 2008 11:17 pm (UTC) - Expand
abilena
Oct. 11th, 2008 11:06 pm (UTC)
Aww...that was sad. Poor Emily and you.

*give you a hug* :)
elekanahmen
Oct. 11th, 2008 11:18 pm (UTC)
*snuggles close* thanks darling
(no subject) - abilena - Oct. 11th, 2008 11:47 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - elekanahmen - Oct. 12th, 2008 01:29 am (UTC) - Expand
maekala
Oct. 12th, 2008 01:30 am (UTC)
*gives you and Emily cookie dough*

There, there. We'll beat up Will together. *goes all butch to beat up Will*
elekanahmen
Oct. 12th, 2008 01:43 am (UTC)
*shares with emily and snuggles you both*
lostnfoundcause
Oct. 12th, 2008 02:53 am (UTC)
*hug*
elekanahmen
Oct. 12th, 2008 02:57 am (UTC)
*nuzzle*
lena_fan
Oct. 12th, 2008 10:09 am (UTC)
Wow, that was very intense, very well written, you know how I love reading your stuff.
Excellent xxx
elekanahmen
Oct. 12th, 2008 04:39 pm (UTC)
i'm glad you enjoyed it, sweetheart. thank you for always taking the time to read!

xoxoxo♥
cyandragonfly
Oct. 13th, 2008 09:37 am (UTC)
Wow, who would've thought - you and angst.

*g* And now that you've got that out of your system, if I get my act together, maybe we can get onto the dreamtalking.
elekanahmen
Oct. 15th, 2008 02:42 pm (UTC)
dreamtalking ftw. i might be a little slow on writing the next few days though
(no subject) - cyandragonfly - Oct. 15th, 2008 11:44 pm (UTC) - Expand
steppenwolf_20
Oct. 15th, 2008 08:18 am (UTC)
This was very sad but very well written!

The little things and gestures show her pain so much more than a thousand words could.
like this: Her fingers wrapped easily around the bottle of whiskey on the counter. She didn’t even bother getting out a glass; she simply unscrewed the cap

And this sentence is my favorite: a sound that resonated deep inside of her. Or was the bottle merely a parroting of the sound that had been echoing through her own heart, her own mind

I hate it when Will wins! *mutters* stupid JJ, stupid!
elekanahmen
Oct. 15th, 2008 02:43 pm (UTC)
*beams* thank you

i was having a bad day so... emily became my channel for my own issues...

i hate when will wins too... i promise, i'll get to more maiming/killing will soon
(no subject) - steppenwolf_20 - Oct. 15th, 2008 03:12 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - elekanahmen - Oct. 15th, 2008 03:14 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - steppenwolf_20 - Oct. 15th, 2008 03:20 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - elekanahmen - Oct. 15th, 2008 03:21 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - steppenwolf_20 - Oct. 15th, 2008 03:23 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - elekanahmen - Oct. 15th, 2008 03:30 pm (UTC) - Expand
malexfaith
Apr. 6th, 2009 09:52 am (UTC)
I want to slap you for making Emily so sad. That was mean. But the way you wrote it is awesome. Thanks heaps for sharing
( 36 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

May 2010
S M T W T F S

Tags