?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Title: Kill Will (Chapter 1/?)
Author: elekanahmen aka Jax
Fandom: Criminal Minds, Nikki & Nora (Crossover)
Pairing: JJ/Emily, Nikki/Nora JJ/Will implied
Disclaimer- I don't own them, as they're clearly NOT chained up in my closet
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Dead Body talk
Summary: Nikki and Nora at the crime scene, the victim a one Detective William LaMontagne, Junior.
Note: Fic #4 in the "All Your Bunnies Are Belong To ME" Challenge, aka the "I'm bored, give me a prompt" challenge on my lj. cyandragonfly, Prologue on your JJ/Emily Nikki/Nora Murder in New Orleans extravaganza! Chapters for this will be posted in tandem with the rest of the challenges, a side-car of fic if you will.
Prompt: CM x N&N: JJ/Emily, Nikki/Nora, The murder of William LaMontagne Jr., a bit of story. (Have a feeling this will become a chapterfic. I've so been avoiding those, Franks. Thanks =P Also, this will not be related to Jessi's request. Separate stories.)
Prologue

Nora Delaney stood at the foot of the bed, one hand on her hip, the other pushing her hair out of her face. Dan snapped his gloves off, looking up at her. “I don’t need to remind you how important it is that we find who did this. Killing a decorated policeman and the son of one of New Orleans’ fallen finest isn’t something we let people get away with ‘round here.”

“No, sir.” She replied, watching the CSIs work the room, picking up strands of long blonde hair, gathering some seemingly abandoned women’s clothing from the drawers. “We looking for an angry girlfriend here or…”

“Worse,” the rich melodic voice spoke from the doorway and Nora turned to see her partner Nikki closing her phone. “Darius just called. Seems our Detective LaMontagne Junior here has a pregnant ex-girlfriend… an FBI agent named Jennifer Jareau. Works with the Behavioral Analysis unit which…”

“Just happens to be working with Major Crimes on a serial kidnapper in Jefferson Parish,” Nora finished with a sigh. “Looks like we have a suspect.”

“Finish up here and head over to Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s office. That’s where they’re headquartered. I want to be kept up to date on every development in this case.” Dan tossed the gloves into the CSI’s kit and nodded at the investigators, turning and walking out of the room.

Nikki pulled on her own pair of latex gloves, raising an eyebrow suggestively at Nora who rolled her eyes and smacked the other woman gently on the arm. “C’mon Nik, get serious… this is a big case.”

Chuckling lightly, Nikki shook her head, looking down at the body sprawled on the bed. “Whoever did this was angry…” She gestured vaguely at the stab wounds through the groin of his boxers, his pants tugged down around his ankles. “Multiple stab wounds to the crotch, post-mortem from the look of it, Charlie will have to confirm… and shot right between the eyes at point-blank range. If those stab wounds are post-mortem or not, we’re looking at some serious rage here.” She shivered, looking down at the Detective she’d once worked with. “Honest to god truth, Nora, this guy always gave me the creeps. Looked at every set of hips or tits that walked by like he was a lion stalking a gazelle… He asked me out once and I turned him down. Told him thanks but no, not my type. Not blonde enough,” Nikki smiled impishly, looking up at her blonde partner with a wink.

Nora ran her gloved fingers over the headboard, her eyebrows knitted together. “Looks like he fought back… some brown hairs stuck in the splinters here… Medium length.” She held out a hand and one of the investigators handed her a pair of tweezers and a plastic baggie. Nora carefully plucked the hairs from the headboard, putting them in the bag. “Run that for DNA, one of them has roots.”

The investigator, a lanky boy who looked just out of college nodded, pushing up his glasses as he replied, “Yes ma’am. We’ll put them in with the blonde hairs, we may be looking at multiple suspects.”

Nikki nodded, watching another investigator lift a series of prints off the bed side table, “That would make sense. I can’t imagine a pregnant woman doing that much damage to a trained police detective. Darius said she’s about eight months pregnant, just about to pop.”

“Darius say anything else?”

“She left Detective LaMontagne for another woman four months ago and our Detective here flew into quite the jealous rage.”

Nora paused and stared at Nikki, her eyebrow cocked. She turned and looked back at the dead Detective and frowned. “Well that does make things interesting.”

“Not the half of it, Nora…” Nikki cocked her head, “Apparently the woman she left LaMontagne for is a member of her team. Agent Emily Prentiss.”

“Shit, you mean we get the distinct honor of hauling in two FBI Agents?” She pounded her fist against the wall. “This is gonna be a bitch and a half.”

“Seems like it. Whaddya say we get headed over to Jefferson Parish… we can pick up some beignets on the way to use as a bribe to get Charlie to rush our autopsy.”

Nora nodded, handing Nikki the keys to her El Camino. “Lets go.”

The drive was quick, a brisk 20 minutes in light traffic, driving over the winding Mississippi as Nora reviewed the case notes. She didn’t like dealing with the FBI… something about the thought of picking up not one but two FBI agents for questioning made the hairs on the back of her neck prickle up. She tried to shake it off, instead leaning against the passenger side window, watching her partner—on the force and between the bed sheets—Nikki Beaumont as she easily steered them into the parking lot of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s office.

They got out of the El Camino, clipping their badges to their belts and started to walk toward the doors when seven figures, emerged from the doors, bags slung over shoulders. They slowed to a stop, seeing to two detectives. The pregnant blonde, Jennifer, Nora assumed, continued forward a few steps. “Can we help you, detectives?”

Nikki stepped forward, grasping her hand. “Detective Nikki Beaumont, NOPD Special Crimes Unit, this is my partner, Detective Nora Delaney… you must be Agent Jareau?”

The blonde nodded hesitantly. “I am… what can we do for you?”

Nora slipped her thumbs into her belt loops, scanning the group, her eyes meeting the protective gaze of a taller brunette. “We’d appreciate it if your team could join us back in town… We have a few questions for y’all, especially you, Agent Jareau… and Agent Prentiss.”

The most FBI-looking of the lot stepped forward, brow furrowed, eyes narrow. “What’s this about detectives?”

“We’re investigating the murder of Detective William LaMontagne, Junior,” Nora replied simply. There was a clutter as Agent Jareau’s fingers lost grip on the folder in her hands, papers fluttering to the ground, her eyes wide with confusion and… Nora wasn’t entirely sure if it was trepidation or surprise.

Comments

( 27 comments — Leave a comment )
cyandragonfly
Oct. 1st, 2008 10:56 am (UTC)
Yay!

I so can't wait for the rest of this. Thank you so much for indulging my little fantasies.
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 04:05 pm (UTC)
^_^ patience, young one! you'll (hopefully) get a chapter for each challenge fic i post.
cyandragonfly
Oct. 1st, 2008 11:18 pm (UTC)
I am but a young padawan, master, I will try and learn to be patient.

:D

I don't mind when the chapteres come, just that I get to read the story eventually.

You made me go and watch Nikki & Nora this morning - something I haven't done for ages and greatly enjoyed.

Thanks again!
elekanahmen
Oct. 2nd, 2008 12:10 am (UTC)
*snuggles* such a patient little dragonfly.
aeryn_27
Oct. 1st, 2008 11:20 am (UTC)
you are quite obviously psychic, because i have been thinking about a Nikki and Nora/CM crossover for a while now. and of course you killed Capt. Crawfish so that fulfills one other fantasy.

please continue to astound me with your psychic prowess. and your mad writing skillz as well!
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 04:06 pm (UTC)
thank frankie *points at comment thread above* she challenged me, I wrote it :)

may take you up on some of those new orleans tips you offered, though... I was googling, wikipedia-ing, and searching all over for geography, yat-isms... etc.
aeryn_27
Oct. 1st, 2008 04:16 pm (UTC)
consider me your own personal resource, use me and abuse me as you will...

if i don't know the answer i will know someone who does.

elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 04:24 pm (UTC)
*salute* aye, cap'n
sofia_lindsay
Oct. 1st, 2008 02:33 pm (UTC)
I think I love you. Crawfish dead? *happy sigh*

Damn, that sounds so wrong, even for me!
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 04:08 pm (UTC)

did you get your chocolate sauce? i posted it last week :-p

i'm thinking about trying to work in a phrase that i found while i was searching about how they refer to eating crawfish-- "Suck da head, squeeze da tail" since i, incidentally, did kill him something like that without knowing the phrase ;)
(Deleted comment)
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 05:55 pm (UTC)
^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

smut will happen.
(Deleted comment)
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 06:06 pm (UTC)
always always a way ♥
sat10
Oct. 1st, 2008 05:34 pm (UTC)
Oh hells yeah. I'm not even sure my pea brain can handle the awesomeness of this crossover, but I'm definitely eager to read more!
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 05:56 pm (UTC)
oh pshaw, i bet your brain is at LEAST the size of a cantaloupe! *glomp*
lena_fan
Oct. 1st, 2008 06:02 pm (UTC)
That was great hun, can't wait for more xxx
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 06:07 pm (UTC)
aww thanks sweetie. soon!
darkbardzero
Oct. 1st, 2008 07:21 pm (UTC)
First of all, YEY he's dead! Second...MORE!
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 07:25 pm (UTC)
the bastard is most definitely dead.

more soon!
(Deleted comment)
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 09:56 pm (UTC)
let the joyous news be spread

the wicked crawfish at last is dead!
djshiva
Oct. 1st, 2008 11:18 pm (UTC)
nice one! can't wait to read more!

also kinda giggling to myself that both dan from N&N and morgan from CM were played by shemar moore. you just HAVE to have some weird meetup moment between those two...or at least some surprise from N&N when meeting morgan. that would be hilarious.
elekanahmen
Oct. 1st, 2008 11:23 pm (UTC)
*cackle* ihave something v. special planned
abilena
Oct. 2nd, 2008 12:44 am (UTC)
That was great. I know this story is going to become one of my favorites. Crawfish dead, and 2 of my favorite couples YAY!!!! :)
elekanahmen
Oct. 2nd, 2008 07:21 am (UTC)
yayayayay i'm glad you like!!!
lostnfoundcause
Oct. 2nd, 2008 09:32 am (UTC)
HA you killed him. I kinda feel sad for him. I mean not really but ya sad because he is on everyone's hit list. *Runs to grab and burn hit list and then looks around*
Great job.
elekanahmen
Oct. 2nd, 2008 02:10 pm (UTC)
*shifty eyes* good idea. burn the hit list, destroy ALL evidence of our plot to kill Junior!

*glomp* thank you darling
venus_sans_furs
Oct. 2nd, 2008 03:38 pm (UTC)
Nikki & Nora not getting picked up as a series broke my little gaymo heart back in the day. *sigh*

Way to give the people what they want; Dead LaMontagne and not 1, not 2, but 4 lesbians.
elekanahmen
Oct. 5th, 2008 04:48 am (UTC)
i KNOW it makes me so sad that it's only one episode that we can watch repeatedly.

and yay for four lesbians and double the shemar moore! (because as n&n proves, shemar moore: 2 out of 2 lesbians agree, YUM!)
( 27 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

May 2010
S M T W T F S

Tags