Jax: Creator of Paper Memories (elekanahmen) wrote in _imitatinglife,
Jax: Creator of Paper Memories
elekanahmen
_imitatinglife

Runaways // Fanmix // Go Out Fighting All Of Them

Runaways fanmix that I was working on last week, with cover art by downtown_sassy because I was too lazy/busy to do the art myself. And because she's so rad. *waves foam #1 finger*

This mix is Vol. 1 runaways, so no Klara, Victor or Xavin in this one... maybe a later mix for the current runaways ;)

Runaways // Go Out Fighting All Of Them

1 // The Pride // Cobra Starship - The City is at War // {The Pride runs Los Angeles with an iron fist from the drug dealers to the cops to the media, and it's seething in a war with itself, all in the hopes that their children will have a better future through The Gibborim.}

the city is at war and it's play time for the young and rich.
ignore me if you see me because i just don't give a shit.
the city is at war bless the young and rich
with designer drugs and designer friends

2 // Alex Wilder // Tori Amos - Father's Son // {Loyal to his father to the very end, Alex embraces his destiny, but ends up losing it all to the hand of fate.}

so it ends so it begins
i'm my father's son
plant another seed of hate
in a trusting virgin gun
steady girl for the show
god versus god ringside
littered with corpses

3 // Gertrude Yorkes // Ani DiFranco - Not A Pretty Girl // {Intelligent, witty, and stubborn, Gertrude doesn't think of her traits as including beautiful, but that's not what matters when you have to save your friends' lives.}

i am not a pretty girl
that is not what i do
i ain't no damsel in distress
and i don't need to be rescued
so put me down punk
maybe you'd prefer a maiden fair
isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere

4 // Karolina Dean // The Urge - It's My Turn To Fly // {Karolina has always been the perfect daughter, but now that she's discovered that everything she's learned is a lie, she has to learn to fly -- figuratively and literally -- in order to survive and, yano, save the world.}

the whole of humanity lies in my hand
give me the chance tonight
to prove to you what's in my eye
bring us to victory
dreams become reality
it's my time to fly

5 // Chase Stein // Rilo Kiley - A Better Son/Daughter // {The Steins had always hoped that their son had it in him to be a genius, they wanted him to be everything their legacy would leave behind. Well, you don't always get what you want, and Chase doesn't want anything to do with them.}

but the lows are so extreme
that the good seems fucking cheap
and it teases you for weeks in its absence
but you'll fight and you'll make it through
you'll fake it if you have to
and you'll show up for work with a smile
and you'll be better
you'll be smarter
more grown up and a better daughter or son

6 // Molly Hayes // Shounen Knife - I'm A Supergirl // {Naive and young, Molly's discovery of her powers give her new energy (as if she needed more) to help save the world. After all, now she can be just like a Powerpuff Girl.}

you know i'm a super girl
yes i'm a punky girl
i never say die
no one can stop me
'cause I like to fight

7 // Nico Minoru // Ryan Adams - Wild Flower // {Betrayed by her family, betrayed by her best friend and flame, everything she's known is gone except her four friends, and she'll do everything she can to hold herself and the runaways together}

forever only takes its toll on some
but, tonight you're sleeping alone without him
tonight you're sleeping alone without him
and everything went up in smoke like wildflowers
wildflowers, dear

9 // The Runaways // Tegan and Sara - Proud // {They've found their freedom, now the Runaways must fight for the world, their lives and the future. Children of The Pride now stand Proud.}

proud
i'm proud to be proud to see
they said proud
i'm proud to be proud to be me
they said tell me oh you've got to tell me
freedom's rough
so we take our stand and fight for tomorrow
finally we got something
something we can bring down the house with

Zip + Cover Art http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T2FNGY0E Copy + Paste Link Please ^_^

{fin}
Tags: fanmix, runaways
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 0 comments