?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

RPS // Idina/Kristin // Fic // Anywhere

Title: Anywhere
Pairing: Idina Menzel/Kristin Chenoweth
Rating: PG-13
Author: elekanahmen
Disclaimer: Kristin and Idina are seperate entities who co-exist on a planet called earth and only do these things in my head. *whine* but we can still dream right? (And write fics)
Warnings: Kidnapping in the first degree
Summary: Kristin kidnaps Idina on a random sunday evening and has 45 hours to get her back to the Gershwin for the next show. What happens in between is up to a blind fold, a full tank of gas, and a secret. Songfic based on the Ecanescence song "Anywhere"
Dedications: galindafication for sending me this song, which is a-fucking-mazing and drips with ChenoDee

Dear my love, haven't you wanted to be with me
And dear my love, haven't you longed to be free
I can't keep pretending that I don't even know you
And at sweet night, you are my own
Take my hand
We're leaving here tonight
There's no need to tell anyone
They'd only hold us down
So by the morning light
We'll be half way to anywhere
Where love is more than just your name

I slipped back into the driver's seat of the little pink '67 Mustang parked at the gas pump. "Need anything, baby? Water? Chips? Bathroom break?" Arms remained folded, pout fixed where a beautiful smile should be. "Oh, come on, Deeeeeeeeee, don't be like this. I swear, you'll like it, just work with me, baby." The corner of her mouth twitched but remained in a delicious pout. "Fine, but you better not pee on that seat, I just had the leather redone after Maddie's little... incident."

"I don't have to go to the bathroom." She quipped cooly, her voice still hoarse from the show. Her arms remained tensely folded, her short fingernails, lacquered in green, tapped impatiently against her smooth white arm. "This stupid blindfold is itchy, can you please just take it off for a minute?" Well, the whining was uncharacteristic, but cute.

"I'm sorry, Idina, but if I took off the blindfold, you wouldn't be surprised. Please, baby, just work with me. Let me do this for you..." I leaned over as my voice trailed off, kissing her jaw gently. She pulled away abruptly, her jaw clenching, a sure sign I was pissing her off. My voice dropped to a whisper, leaning further to press my lips against her ear, "Just trust me, Idina. Can you do that?"

Her face softened and one hand reached up to find my face, caressing my cheek. "You know I trust you with my life, Kristin..." Her lips brushed my cheek gently. "Just.. hurry up and drive, this blindfold really, really is itchy."

I smiled, reaching over and turning up my Dixie Chicks cd loud and pulled out of the gas station, leaving the teeming masses behind us.

I have dreamt of a place for you and I
No one knows who we are there
All I want is to give my life only to you
I've dreamt so long I cannot dream anymore
Let's run away, I'll take you there

I pulled my baby slowly onto the ferry, watching the man carefully who was directing me onto the almost deserted boat. Idina shifted listelessly beside me, tugging at the blindfold she'd been wearing for about four hours now, since I picked her up in the Gershwin's garage with the top down and a plot in the back of my mind. I was kidnapping Idina Menzel for her own good. No one knew where we were going except me, and I planned on keeping it that way. I closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the head rest. I reached over and placed my hand on Idina's smiling.

"I smell the ocean," she murmured softly, "are we at the ocean?"

"Maybe. Just be patient. Only half an hour more, I swear." A light blonde hair whipped into my face as the wind picked up. True to my word, a half an hour later, the ferry docked and we were driving again.

Forget this life
Come with me
Don't look back you're safe now
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard
No one's left to stop you

I parked the car beside the small bluegrey cape cod and got out, stretching. Idina fumbled for the handle and I laughed, going over to open the door and help her out. Idina took my hand and I led her around to the back of the house. "Are you ready?"

Idina raised her chin, taking in a deep breath of the fresh ocean air, nodding, her ponytail bobbing. I smiled, reaching up to take off the blindfold.  As it fell away from her eyes, I smiled. Her eyes opened slowly and widened with a gasp. "Kristin... this... it's beautiful! Where are we?"  The sun was setting to the west, glimmering over the water, reflecting in her eyes.

I leaned against her, letting her wrap her arms around me. "Block Island. No one here knows who we are or cares. We have the house until Tuesday morning... relax, Dee... for now, we can just be ourselves."

Idina smiled and took another deep breath, kissing my temple gently. "I like that. I really, really like that. Thank you, baby."

Forget this life
Come with me
Don't look back you're safe now
Unlock your heart
Drop your guard
No one's left to stop you now

Comments

( 17 comments — Leave a comment )
softershade
Aug. 21st, 2004 08:25 pm (UTC)
that was so beautiful
cowgirl_
Aug. 21st, 2004 08:27 pm (UTC)
aww i lurrve it!!! <3
volcano_gurl
Aug. 21st, 2004 08:29 pm (UTC)
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I love that. Its very original. And I love that you used an Evanescence song ^_^. Rock on!
prettydamnsmart
Aug. 21st, 2004 08:42 pm (UTC)
SO so so so so cute. <333333333333333333
betty_ford
Aug. 21st, 2004 09:09 pm (UTC)
that was so great. yeyeyey for chenodee.

and just an all - around beautiful fic. <3333
buffytng
Aug. 21st, 2004 10:29 pm (UTC)
Awww that was sooooo cute!

If only that could happen in real life...
actresspugachev
Aug. 21st, 2004 10:57 pm (UTC)
OMG MOREMOREMOREMORE *hyperactivity*
awallens
Aug. 21st, 2004 11:14 pm (UTC)
that's so sweet!
sad_hatter
Aug. 21st, 2004 11:39 pm (UTC)
I LOVE this! Are you gonna continure or is it a one-shot deal?
hearthandprints
Aug. 22nd, 2004 12:05 am (UTC)
You know that I feel this is the most beautiful thing ever.
*Melts into a puddle on the floor*
wickedwitchbaby
Aug. 22nd, 2004 06:11 am (UTC)
Adooooooooorable!
dancinjillybean
Aug. 22nd, 2004 10:59 pm (UTC)
oh, that was gorgeous...! simply beautiful
mad_dancer
Aug. 23rd, 2004 08:19 pm (UTC)
*sniffles* That is SO beautiful! I love it... makes meh cry.
thegirlin14g
Aug. 26th, 2005 09:44 am (UTC)
You know, I know you don't like me right now... but I'm currently sitting here watching Noulin Rouge for the second time tonight ("Anywhere" ALWAYS reminds me of Moulin Rouge) and I couldn't help but come over here and read this again. It's just as beautiful now, as it was then. I hope you know that. ♥
shaeberry
Nov. 18th, 2005 02:35 am (UTC)
::kaBOOM on floor::

Too frelling cute.
crashcart9
Dec. 8th, 2005 09:07 am (UTC)
Hugs for you. I totally love that song. And it always makes me think of Elphaba taking Glinda to the Emerald City, so this fit in my little songpairing well.
chenzelgelphie
Mar. 5th, 2006 10:12 pm (UTC)
that was *so* sweet... and kristin in a pink mustang is quite possibly the hottest thing ever. ;)
( 17 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

May 2010
S M T W T F S

Tags