May 28th, 2004

Round Up

This weeks challenge turned out pretty well and, once again, I know it's going to be a very close call. And, just as a reminder to both teams: If someone on your team has to forfeit a contest because they are not able to make the icon, do not have the resources to make the icon, did not get a chance to make the icon, etc. It will not count against the team as a whole but only to the individual who did not complete the contest. I was peeking at the conversations in the Slackers journals and saw that freeswimmer11 wasn't going to be able to do this weeks challenge (although I see that you did)... But just wanted to let ya know how that goes. AND... For Pixel Chix, As far as icons go, anything (as for content, graphics) goes as long as you abide by LiveJournal's rules, standards, and regulations. I saw someone make a post about the language on their icons... There's your answer! :)

SLACKERS ICONSCollapse )
PIXEL CHIXCollapse )

Results

Before I let y'all know who the winner was I'd like to say something about all the fuss over bentfire's icon. I don't make icons... Those who don't make icons make crazy contest communities like this one. So, because I don't make icons, I don't know all the little tricks you could use to create 100x100 works of art. So with that being said, I don't really know if bentfire used a B&W icon. Personally, it does look sepia or whatever. When I went to vote this week for the winner I used everyone's icon but bentfire because to me, it wasn't B&W. Although it's a beautiful icon and it very well could be an extreme version of B&W that I'm not aware of. Hers did not count in my vote this week.

The winner of this week is, for the first time, Slackers. To be honest, all the judges are getting a bit tired of the useless theme idea (it worked well for the Fandom week because it fit) but nonetheless, Slackers overall did pretty well for themselves. Once again, it was a close call and everyone had amazing icons (bentfire's included)... So, congratulations to Slackers for their first win.

For the icon in question...

bentfire: I explained in the post in the fan community -- I used a black color layer on top of the one that turned it 'sepia', or whatever you guys are calling it. Thus, making it black and white. I did lower the opacity on the color layer, but only to 85%, so it retained the black and white qualities.

So I really don't know what that means. There's a lot of numbers and layers and such but I'm assuming that's a B&W icon by the way she's describing how she made it. Either way, the winner is still Slackers. But I'm glad that's all cleared out now.

For Pixel Chix peace of mind: Slackers didn't win because there was one icon in question. Slackers won because the majority of the judges felt that this week was finally their week to shine. Though we are all a bit tired of the themes, this week seemed to fit and the icons used great screen caps and quotes. Well, not that Pixel Chix didn't use great screen caps and quotes... Hell, this is a lose/lose situation.

It's all cleared up now. For now on if their is an "icon in question" I'm sure one of the judges will pick up on it. If nothing is said and you still feel as though something isn't right well then let us know. But there's a reason why this community has 5 judges...