April 21st, 2004

Mod Post

Here's what's going to happen for those of you have sent in applications today or for the future members who will be sending in applications...

For those of you who sent in applications to be in the contest: Promote like a mother fucker to get more people sending in applications. Of course, promoting will limit your chances on getting accepted into the final 16 but hey - I thought I'd give it a try. Since we are accepting applications 'till the 30th (since this is the first time ever that this has been done) you won't know if you've been accepted into the final 16 until the following Monday. This is what will happen to give you all a brief rundown of what I expect this contest will turn into. Each team of 8 will be picked randomly and then each time must create their own "tribal name." I don't care what it is... Be creative. If you're wondering how you'll know if you were accepted... I'm about to tell you. On that Monday we will just list the members who have been accepted into the two teams. Anybody that has joined the community that is not a contestant or judge loses all posting privileges. Sorry. You guys have all seen/heard of Survivor so you know how it works. I'll give you something to do (icon wise) and you must do it. Each Monday I will give you something that you have to do with an icon and each member of each team must do that. You'll have a week to submit it in and then the judges will pick the winner. If there are still any questions feel free to comment.

For those of you who sent in applications to be a judge: Currently, slayertv and I are only allowing five judges including ourselves, so we are only looking for three people. We're going to wait on the 30th as well before we let y'all know who is going to judge. Any questions? Comment.

If you are NOT picked as a contestant this round... Sorry. You can try again (if this contest actually works! lol) next round. As for the judges, they are final. No exceptions. If this community gets more popular and we expand our contestants from 16 to 20 then maybe we'll consider a few more judges. We'll see what happens! :)
Credit - Faithlesssinner

I love Rock'n Roll

Name: Danielle
Are you willing to participate weekly? of course:
Are you willing to keep in contact with other members of your team?: yeah im always online
Do cuss words, crude graphics/remarks bother you?: hell no ;)

Thrawn - Outbound Flight

Possible Judge / I love rock 'n' roll Member Applications

Judge Application:

Name: Marie
Why: 'Cause this looks like a lot of fun! Also, I'm a part of a few other icon contests, and I'd like to see what it's like from the judge's perspective. =D

Member Application:

Name: Marie
Are you willing to participate weekly?: Yep
Are you willing to keep in contact with other members of your team?: Yep
Do cuss words, crude graphics/remarks bother you?: Nope, though I don't curse and I do try to be nice most of the time. Live and let live, and all that jazz. ;)

I'd like to be a judge, but if I don't get chosen then I'd like to try out for a team. =)
  • Current Music
    Texas - In Demand

Mod Post

Someone gave slayertv the idea to create two more separate communities for each team so that communicating with your team is much easier. Once the two teams have been picked you must also join your respective communities. Be sure to make all entries friends only so as the other team doesn't see what evil things you are planning to do!! :) Any questions? Comment.

(thanks to jedispyder for this idea.

I love rock'n'roll!

Basics
Name: Evangeline
Are you willing to participate weekly?: Yep.
Are you willing to keep in contact with other members of your team?: Of course.
Do cuss words, crude graphics/remarks bother you?: I think that there are better words/phrases you can use to express yourself in a lot of cases, but for the most part I can deal. =)

Icons

[of course, more icons can be seen via my userinfo page!]

♥Evangeline
  • Current Mood
    curious curious
katara+aang // it's harder everyday

I love that rock 'n roll. ;)

Basics
Name: Heather.
Are you willing to participate weekly?: Yep.
Are you willing to keep in contact with other members of your team?: Of course.
Do cuss words, crude graphics/remarks bother you?: Fuck no! ;)

Icons
+

Possible Judge

Name: Cara
Reason: I love LJ icons. I love making them, and I love looking at them. I think that I have a good appreciation of the artistic merit and aesthetic value of icons, and I also think I can be impartial and base my decisions solely on the quality of the icons.
the shire: made by me

I love rock'n'roll!

Name: Courtney
Are you willing to participate weekly?: Yes
Are you willing to keep in contact with other members of your team?: Yes
Do cuss words, crude graphics/remarks bother you?: Nope! : )

And the icons...

• Current Mood
    anxious anxious

Mod Post.

Remember how I said that promoting will limit your chances on getting picked into the final 16? Well I just remembered... If there aren't at least 16 people in this contest then there is no contest! Have friends? Roommates? Parents? Children? I don't care... Promote so that there are good quality icon makers on here competing. Catch my drift?

Also... While your at it. Check out each teams respective livejournal communities (_icontest_team1 and _icontest_team2) for an awesome new userinfo and different icons for each team! It's pretty awesome and you all have slayertv to thank for that.

Anyways... I changed my mind about the judges. The decision on who will be judging along with John and I will be made by this Saturday. K, Thanks, bye.

EDIT // Also, check out our communities mascot. Frank the goat from livejournal. We thought it only appropriate to make him apart of this process.