KELLYCAKES! (miss_atom) wrote in _iconate_,
KELLYCAKES!
miss_atom
_iconate_

• Mood:

100 Samantha Carter icons.

I haven't posted icons in a long time but here I give you 100 Samantha Carter icons for 10x10variated Done partly because the challenge is brilliant, I finished watching SG-1 earlier this month and it's Amanda Tapping's birthday tomorrow!! &hearts

one banner :)

P R E V I E W

G U I D E L I N E S
{x} please don't hotlink
{x} credit
{x} comment if you take :)

I C O N S

First Ten:
Use only the original images, changing the color only and nothing else. Color each icon differently, using different color fill layers or adjustment layers. No textures, gradients, brushes, or stock images allowed.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5,

6, 7, 8, 9, 10,

Second Ten:
Every icon must have readable text on it. As well, every icon must have a different font. Do not use fonts that are excessively popular at the time (i.e. Action Jackson, Violation, Cooper Black).
11, 12, 13, 14, 15,

16, 17, 18, 19, 20,

Third Ten:
Use a texture on every icon. A different texture must be used on each one.
21, 22, 23, 24, 25,

26, 27, 28, 29, 30,

Fourth Ten:
Every icon must include a stock image. NO CLOUDS!
31, 32, 33, 34, 35,

36, 37, 38, 39, 40,

Fifth Ten:
Rotate the images. This can be done any way, upside down, to the right, the left, caddy cornered, whatever.
41, 42, 43, 44, 45,

46, 47, 48, 49, 50,

Sixth Ten:
Images must be black and white.
51, 52, 53, 54, 55,

56, 57, 58, 59, 60,

Seventh Ten:
On each icon, use one effect feature from the Effects menu in your Photoshop or Paintshop.
61, 62, 63, 64, 65,

66, 67, 68, 69, 70,

Eighth Ten:
Every icon must be less than 100x100 pixels.
71, 72, 73, 74, 75,

76, 77, 78, 79, 80,

Ninth Ten:
Every icon must use one popular icon trend that is hot at the time. This changes frequently but it will be easy since you see these trends everywhere.
81, 82, 83, 84, 85,

86, 87, 88, 89, 90,

Tenth Ten:
Free for all! Do whatever you want with these ten!
91, 92, 93, 94, 95,

96, 97, 98, 99, 100.

Note 1: Half of these were made on my old computer and the other half were made on my shiny new laptop but the brightness of both machines is really different!

Note 2: I actually found this really challenging! Especially stock images, effects and strangely enough rotation. I just felt like everything I did was inappropriately rotated xD

Note 3: I definitely recommend this to everyone. I learned a surprising amount :)

B A N N E R

Hope you enjoy

If you liked my icons Join or Friend this journal :D

And to finish, because Sam gets an unfair amount of hate in this fandom, I am going to try and express why and to what extent I love her.

Samantha Carter is the reason I watch Stargate. Of course I love other things about the show, the stargate itself for one, all the characters and the humor but the thing that never fails to make me happy is Sam being on the screen. Sure part of that is because she is beautiful but the person Sam is never ceases to amaze me.

She is intelligent, kind, an amazing solider, funny, beautiful (did i mention that?) and she never gives up. She is all of these things and just made of 100% amazing. Yet she isn't perfect. She sometimes puts her desire to find knowledge first when she should be concerned with other things, she sometimes lets her emotions cloud her judgment, is quit frequently bad at expressing said feelings and has dysfunctional family issues. It's not despite these traits but because of them that I love her as much as I do (which is a googleplex of love)

In SG-1 (Classic Variety) Jack is the head, a pretty sexy one at that, who makes the decisions and leads the team. Daniel is the heart, always thinking about the feelings and view point of others and Teal'c is the very well definied arms and muscles, fighting the battles as a true warrior. So what does that leave Sam?

She is the blood and the bones (which is a kind of gross yet cool metaphor). She holds the team together, she helps them achieve what the others need and without her they wouldn't function well. Not to mention he being the big-ass giant brain behind the mastery :D:D
Tags: 100 challenge, sam carter, sg-1
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 53 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →