rachel298 (rachel298) wrote in _humanities,
rachel298
rachel298
_humanities

Hey - I know a lot of previous Humanitarians - and hopefully some current ones - were very involved in GSA. This scholarship might be good for one of you. I found it online and I think if you guys apply, someone will get it. I've learned that a lot of people don't even try for these scholarships online because they think everyone else will, and in reality a very small amount of people do. Plus, we're all so eloquent, our essays are usually the best. ;)

A.S. LGBT-Leader Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually to a student who exhibits a commitment to and service within a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and/or Transgendered organization/community. Emphasis will be placed on the student's level of involvement, commitment to and leadership within the organization/community. Open to ALL sexual orientations, you need NOT be an LGBT individual to apply.

Minimum eligibility requirements:
You must be currently enrolled at, applying to or returning to an accredited academic institution; Minimum GPA of 2.0 (C average); High school through graduate level students may apply.

Supporting documentation:
A.S. Scholarship Application; One OFFICIAL transcript from your current academic institution; Two letters of recommendation (One letter must be from a teacher/professor at your current academic institution and one must be from an official at the center/organization/community you volunteer/work for. If you are not currently enrolled in an academic program you may substitute the teacher/professor letter with one from your current supervisor or coworker); Application Essay.

TO APPLY:
Please visit our website to download a scholarship packet. GOOD LUCK!

http://www.adventurescholars.org

EDIT: I found another one. Seriously, one of you better apply. You could so get these.

Third Wave Foundation Scholarship Program is available to all full-time or part-time young women and transgender activists age 30 and under who are enrolled in, or have been accepted to, an accredited university, college, vocational/technical school or community college.

The primary criteria to qualify for a Third Wave scholarship is vigorous engagement in activist work and financial need. The Scholarship Committee prioritizes applicants who have limited access to financial resources and whose civic, community, or cultural work shows a commitment to social justice.

Within our scholarship grantmaking, the Woodlake Fund provides scholarships for young women of color who prioritize social justice and the work done in the spirit of justice and equality over academic performance, and who integrate social justice into all areas of their lives.

Students applying for grants should also be involved as activists, artists, or cultural workers working on issues such as racism, homophobia, sexism, or other forms of inequality. The amount of each scholarship is decided after careful review of the student's application and financial aid report. The number of scholarships awarded depends on the amount of each award. Scholarships range in amount from $500 and $5,000 each. Our deadlines are April 1 and October 1.

You can download the application at: http://www.thirdwavefoundation.org/programs/scholarships.html

Please visit Third Wave's web site for guidelines, applications and updates to the program. If you are unable to download an application please send a pre-paid self-addressed envelop to Third Wave or email info@thirdwavefoundation.org to receive an electronic copy.

Letters sent to the Thirdwave Foundation requesting information and/or an application will not be answered.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments