?

No account? Create an account

17 April 2006 @ 10:45 pm
Tutorial #06 : Veronica Mars  
This tutorial was requested by nightcomes.
Go from  to  in  6 easy steps!
** The quantity of screened layers depends on how your base image is dark or bright. If it's bright, you won't need a lot, if it's dark, you'll need more.**
Take your wanted base. This is mine:

STEP 1:
Duplicate your base 3 times and set them all to SCREEN. My result so far:

STEP 2:
Then add a new layer, fill it with #99DDF6, a pale blue, and set it to COLOR BURN.

STEP 3:
Add another layer, this time fill it with #F2A5D2, a nice pink, and set it to SOFT LIGHT.

STEP 4:
Yet another layer, filled with #F6C0D4, a pale pink and setting it to COLOR BURN.

STEP 5:
ANOTHER layer, this time filled with #AFF4EE, a blue-green, and set it to SOFT LIGHT.

STEP 6:
Last color layer, this time filled with #E8F552, a greenish yellow, and set it to COLOR BURN, 40%. And you're done!

nightcomes: dean - emo! *tear*nightcomes on April 18th, 2006 02:58 am (UTC)
YAAAAAY ILY!!!

:D:D:D:D:D!
this crumbling fool.: VM // Veronica {Damn Her Curiosity!}callmeadreamer on April 18th, 2006 03:02 am (UTC)
Woot! FINALLY! A brightening tutorial that doesn't require curves {I just can't get the hang of those buggers}.
You're a God. Thank you for making this =D
Jenn: VM; veronica head tiltorganza on April 18th, 2006 03:07 am (UTC)
awww no problem. I hatttte curves sometimes. I love color fills way better! :D
this crumbling fool.: VM // Veronica {Deserves An Emmy}callmeadreamer on April 18th, 2006 03:08 am (UTC)
Oh man, me too. Curves just confuse me. Simply clicking a color, and then the new layer, and changing the blend mode... soooo much easier =)
loose lips sink ships: Cassidyaimtomiss on April 18th, 2006 03:31 am (UTC)
added to mems! I love this and as someone else mentioned I too hate curves! Color fills are the best, and my favorite is color burn, so I'm totally loving the tutorial. Thanks for sharing!
PotionA: <lj user=rainbow_icons>potiona on April 18th, 2006 03:36 am (UTC)
*runs off to put this into memories*

I'm okay with color curves but I prefer fills so thanks for this! :)
Karen: veronica marsunhipster on April 18th, 2006 06:28 am (UTC)
Nice tut, adding to mems!
Jenny: vm red and prettyglendora__ on April 18th, 2006 06:54 am (UTC)
This is a great tutorial. I really like the result and everything. I'm just curious though, how did you go about picking the color fills that you did? I mean, was this all trial and error or was there a specific reason for each of them? Because I would never have thought to try out a color like the last one, the greenish yellow color, at all. Thanks for the tutorial, even if you can't shed some light on this for me.
Jenn: VM; Veronica as Madonnaorganza on April 18th, 2006 01:25 pm (UTC)
Lol I know what you mean. Well if you see my latest icon post, I tried different colors on Color Burn: pink, blue, green... I tried a yellow but when the layer was 100%, it was waaayy too dark and stuff. so i lowered the opacity and i liked it!
Carla: everyone is singingdrankmywar on April 18th, 2006 06:56 am (UTC)
Oh, this is fantastic. Thank you :)
The Daytime...of the Night: Gatesy - Textless - Read the Creditsuno_marsch on April 18th, 2006 07:20 am (UTC)
For once one that actually WORKS for me. And it works well. Thankyou sooo much! Adding this one to the memories, definitely!! *bows down to your skill*
Sofieashanti2106 on April 18th, 2006 11:03 am (UTC)
Great tutorial adding it to memories
ex_enlisted on April 18th, 2006 11:45 pm (UTC)
Awesome, adding to memories :)
just stole a poncho from a wooden indian: mutedlizook12 on April 19th, 2006 02:34 am (UTC)
That comes out looking so awesome! Memorying it!
Karrie Veronica <3: VM: LoVe;; Perfectmyst56 on April 20th, 2006 12:02 am (UTC)
you own my life.
thank you!
coexist_lovecoexist_love on April 21st, 2006 02:43 pm (UTC)
adding to mems!!
thanks for sharing!!!

Love it!!
Thank you!!
harroweddestiny on May 6th, 2006 11:43 pm (UTC)
This is so awesome. Thank you. Adding it to mems.
panicfiend on May 12th, 2006 06:15 am (UTC)
*mems*
krisstudly: For youkrisstudly on May 21st, 2006 10:35 am (UTC)
I'm hella late, but I wanted to thank you for all your non-curves tutorials. Quite awesome - I didn't use them exactly, modified one or two of the color fills a bit, but most of the steps were used in this icon, and I just love the results. I'm kinda new to this icon making thing, and tutorials like yours are really helpful. Thanks!
maliaharvardbarbie on August 6th, 2007 04:44 am (UTC)
Really nice tutorial - simple but pretty. :) Saving to my memories, thank you!
bringme_love on May 17th, 2008 12:24 am (UTC)
So cool.
Thanks.