No account? Create an account

The Land of The Crossovers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.

Security:
Time:04:56 pm
He wasn't sure why he was there. He certainly had plenty of liquor back in his dungeons. But for one reason or another, Severus Snape ended up in a small inn on the side of the road. He'd gotten sidetracked in his progress from point A to point B.

He took a seat in a dark booth in the corner. It was bad enough to be in a public place, he certainly had no intention of inviting conversation with a stranger. The waiter came over and he ordered a glass of scotch. He pressed himself as far into the corner as he could, and sipped the amber liquid as he lurked in the deep shadows.
comments: Leave a comment Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry

severussnapehp
Link:(Link)
Time:2004-02-09 03:44 pm (UTC)
"Are you from around here? Or just traveling?" he asked, still gaping at him wide-eyed.

He had the strangest sensation of feeling 16 again when he looked at him. All the feelings he'd had for Lucius as a boy came rushing back over him unexpectedly. At least I can say I wasn't exaggerating how breathtakingly beautiful you were back then, he thought silently.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

imperious_
Time:2004-02-09 03:52 pm (UTC)
Well, that was a question even he wasn't sure of the answer to.

"I'm just... Well, I'm just here," he said, sounding as vague as he felt. He narrowed his eyes slightly at Severus, as though looking at him like this would help him recognise him better.

"Are you quite alright?"

severussnapehp
Time:2004-02-09 03:56 pm (UTC)
He wetted his lips and took another sip of his scotch. He wondered if everyone was just inexplicably there, unsure of how they came to be there or what their purpose was.

"Yes. I'm... fine. You... look very much like someone I used to know. Well." Very well.

He wondered if it actually was him, somehow, or just someone who resembled him a great deal. "I'm sorry. I didn't catch your name."

imperious_
Subject:Re:
Time:2004-02-09 04:02 pm (UTC)
The boy quirked a pale eyebrow at the man, that gaze still piercing through him. What he had said had pushed that niggling feeling to an intense itching sensation, like a thought was on the edge of being revealed but still continuing hiding itself, teasing him.

"Lucius Malfoy," he said, taking his hand from his glass and extending it across the table.

severussnapehp
Time:2004-02-09 04:26 pm (UTC)
Since he was half-expecting that answer, he didn't flinch. He extended his hand and shook it. "A pleasure... I believe we... are acquainted then. In a way. Severus Snape," he said quietly.

He watched Lucius' reaction carefully.

imperious_
Time:2004-02-09 04:33 pm (UTC)
Well, that was certainly a shock to the system. Still, his calm demeanour never faltered, the surprise only registering in his eyes for a split second. So, that explained the odd feeling of recognition, then.

Actually, no, it didn't. It didn't explain anything. What needed explaining was how this man could possibly be Severus Snape. Severus was a boy of Lucius' own age! This... This was perhaps Severus' father? Utter confusion spun through his brain.

"I..." he blurted and found he had nothing else to say. It took quite a lot to reduce Lucius to incoherency.

severussnapehp
Time:2004-02-09 04:41 pm (UTC)
"I don't understand it, myself. It would appear that there is some sort of time disturbance or anomaly in this place. The last time I saw you looking as you do was approximately 20 years ago."

He drained his glass and called for another, requesting the bottle while they were at it. "As a matter of fact, your son is in the Hogwarts at the moment. I'm one of his professors."

imperious_
Time:2004-02-09 04:53 pm (UTC)
A 'time disturbance or anomaly'? Right, as if that were believable. It occured to Lucius it was about as believable as being sat opposite someone who claimed they'd known you 20 years ago when you were only in your teens.

Well, if this was an anomaly in time, these little revelations of Severus' would certain have hefty effects on the timeline.

"A son?" he stammered, losing the air of calmness that usually seemed to cling to him no matter what. An heir. It'd been done then, one of his father's little schemes had worked out. That was if this man were from Lucius' future, as it appeared.

severussnapehp
Time:2004-02-09 05:04 pm (UTC)
"Well, that was always your intention, was it not?" he asked coolly. He remembered clearly how the threat of his inevitable marriage had hung like a pall over their little romance.

But still, he wouldn't have given it up for anything, heartbreak or no.

"No doubt this is all a little difficult to take in. It is for myself, as well. It's almost like seeing a ghost, except for the fact that you're still alive."

imperious_
Time:2004-02-09 05:31 pm (UTC)
Hmm, was that bitterness he heard? Perhaps this Severus' theory could be right. After all, without their relationship-- their history-- why would he say that?

"You and I... We... Do you still know 'me'?"

severussnapehp
Time:2004-02-09 05:40 pm (UTC)
"I see you on occasion. Every few months, perhaps." They hadn't had what could pass for a conversation in over a decade, though, and they never discussed... their previous relationship. It was all business now, either Voldemort's or Draco's. Nothing personal. Nothing suggestive. Nothing...

Severus sighed. Seeing him the way he was then reminded him how pathetically infatuated he'd been with Lucius Malfoy. If he'd said 'jump', Severus would have asked 'how high?'. He wondered if Lucius ever thought about it, if he ever regretted how completely it had ended.

The Land of The Crossovers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.