The Land of The Crossovers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.

Security:
Time:08:33 pm
Current Mood:curiouscurious
Tatsel had entered the bar and taken a seat in a quiet and unassuming way. He was good at that, blending in. You weren't likely to notice him unless you happened to look directly at him and spot him sitting.
This was the first time he had been in this bar, being new to this general area. He had a resistance to alcohol that made it ridiculously hard for him to get drunk, so he came to the bars mostly just to socialize. That was a little tricky sometimes though. People tended to react violently when they found out he was half vampire, because vampires were considered dangerous dark creatures and all. Not that he drank from people in the first place, but oh well.

Anyway this was a new place. That had up and downs. On the downside, he knew no one. On the up side, no one knew him. He could...casually forget to mention that he was half vampire. You couldn't tell by looking at him, he looked like a normal wizard. The last bar he went to he had to leave not because a person had been able to visually tell what he was, but because the unfortunate (though rather pushy) person had decided to take a drink from his cup without asking. The look on that his face was interesting though.

He rested his chin in one hand, tracing the lid of his drink with a finger on the other. (He always drank from mugs with lids, mostly for the comfort of those around him.) He wondered to himself how this place was going to work out.
comments: Leave a comment Previous Entry Share Next Entry

tajotadzio
Link:(Link)
Time:2004-02-06 03:15 pm (UTC)
Terry leaned against the bar, sipping a gin and tonic that he had already decided was going to remain full and precisely the right temperature for the rest of the thread, or at least until he grew tired of it. He looked around with a sort of lazy interest, smirking a bit when he spotted Tatsel. Obviously he wanted attention and interaction, or else he wouldn't have come here, and so Terry hopped off his bar stool and wandered over to him.

"Hullo. Mind if I join you?"
(Reply) (Thread)

tatselzohar
Subject:Re:
Time:2004-02-06 04:16 pm (UTC)
"Hm?" He looked around, surprised that someone had approached him so quickly. Being shy himself seemed to make those around him apprehensive to talk to him, as though they were afraid they would disturb his lonely drinking. It was a phenomenon he had yet to figure out.

"Oh. Sure go right ahead, I'm here for the company after all. What's your name?"
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

tajotadzio
Time:2004-02-06 04:39 pm (UTC)
Terry settled into a seat across from him, sipping his drink and looking him over before extending his hand. "Terry Boot. And you?"

tatselzohar
Time:2004-02-06 04:47 pm (UTC)
He shook his hand. "Tatsel Zohar. Good to meet you Terry Boot." He smiled. "It gets boring just sitting here and watching people."

tajotadzio
Time:2004-02-06 05:02 pm (UTC)
"Yes, it does. But some of the people.." he wrinkled his nose slightly. "They don't exactly look like the sort I'd want to be interacting with, anyway." Terry smiled the slightest bit. "Where are you from?"

tatselzohar
Time:2004-02-06 05:09 pm (UTC)
"I have seen one or two around here that may not be my type of person. But I can't say for sure." He paused to think of an answer to Terry's question.

"Where I'm from...well, let's just say I'm from this general area. I spend a lot of time at Diagon and Knockturn Alley." He took a drink. "Where are you from?"

tajotadzio
Time:2004-02-06 05:12 pm (UTC)
Terry tilted his head, half-closing one eye as he tried to decide the appropriate way to answer that. "Well... Hogwarts. Sort of. Also Conturbo. And also Julie. It's complicated. But I guess that's the point." He rested his chin on his hand, studying Tatsel curiously. "You don't look the sort for Knockturn Alley."

tatselzohar
Time:2004-02-06 05:15 pm (UTC)
"Hmm....well if you mean to answer the question in that sort of way, then I suppose I come from Willow's head. She writes a bunch of stories in her free time but she's never role played me until now." He inwardly cringed at the stupid move he had made mentioning Knockturn Alley.

"And Knockturn...well I prefer Diagon, but there are a few things I have to have that they don't specialize in, shall we say."

tajotadzio
Time:2004-02-06 05:28 pm (UTC)
Terry nodded, trying not to show that Tatsel's reply had triggered his nearly insatiable curiousity over absolutely everything. "Yes, it certainly can be a useful place to find things. But rather dangerous, as well, if you can't take care of yourself."

tatselzohar
Time:2004-02-06 05:36 pm (UTC)
He figured Terry was curious after that statement. He knew he would be curious, maybe even suspicious, if someone told him they needed Knockturn Alley on a regular basis. He figured if things got heated he would tell Terry why he needed it. At best Terry wouldn't mind, at worst he'd react badly and Tatsel would just have to find another bar to socialize at.

He scratched his chin. "Oh I can handle myself quite well. The people there aren't particularly eager to get to close to me anyway. I think I make them nervous."

tajotadzio
Time:2004-02-06 05:48 pm (UTC)
Well that was a good way to catch his interest.

"Nervous? Really? I can't imagine why.. you seem perfectly friendly." He looked Tatsel over, smirking a bit as he tried to spot some outward sign of what could possibly be dangerous about this man.

tatselzohar
Time:2004-02-06 05:55 pm (UTC)
He pinched the bridge of his nose as though he had a headache, then took a gulp of his drink.

"See that's just the thing. I am perfectly friendly. I would never hurt a fly. Er, well you know unless they came at me first. But that's beside the point. I won't hurt anyone but people don't understand that. They don't give me a chance to explain it to them. Tell me....how open minded are you?" He glanced at Terry uneasily.

tajotadzio
Time:2004-02-06 06:01 pm (UTC)
He rolled his eyes a bit at that. "Bizarrely open-minded. My current lover is.. well, we won't go there, but yes, I'm very open-minded. Why?"

tatselzohar
Time:2004-02-06 06:08 pm (UTC)
He hated to hide who he was. He was lying, and that guilt ate at the back of his mind. But often lying to people was the only way to get them to talk to him.
"Let's hope your bizarrely open mind doesn't make a scene. I'm only half wizard. It's my other half that puts a nasty cramp on my social life. I'm also half vampire." He grinned, not for the sake of grinning but for the sake of showing his teeth. "That tends to make people nervous." He waited quietly for a reaction.

tajotadzio
Time:2004-02-06 06:28 pm (UTC)
Terry couldn't help but wrinkle his nose a bit at that- not because of Tatsel, but because of the immediate connection his mind made. "I know another half-vampire. She's a cunt." He considered this for a moment. "Though I'd probably like her a lot if she wasn't so god damn determined to get my lover away from me." He shrugged a bit and sipped his drink. "I don't see why that should make people nervous, though. I mean, aside from the fact that you could rip out their throats with your teeth if you wanted to. But hell, so could I. Probably."
(Reply) (Expand) (Parent) (Thread)

The Land of The Crossovers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.