The Land of The Crossovers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.

Security:
Time:11:05 am
Current Mood:grumpygrumpy
Neville walked timidly into the Inn and slunk over to the bar, plopping down onto the stool at the very end. Inhaling all the smoke he coughed loudly and sputtered a bit before tilting his head down and trying not to breathe too deeply. He didn't know anyone, except for Josh (who was quite campy and bothered Neville to no end), and he wasn't much for bars. Or meeting people. Or being in public at all for that matter. The bitch figured she'd send him in here to meet some new and interesting people because she was tired of him not knowing anyone, and he was still cursing her as he ordered his drink.

"Ho hum. Some scotch would be good right about now..." It was nice to get away, into something different, though quite unsettling.
comments: Leave a comment Previous Entry Share Next Entry

longbottom_boy
Link:(Link)
Time:2004-02-05 03:16 pm (UTC)
The bar was a place he usually didn't go by himself, but since he had sampled one or two alcoholic drinks lately thanks to Oliver he decided to give the whole bar thing another go. As Neville entered his attention was drawn immediately to a certain boy sitting at the bar. He did a double take because....well the boy looked just like him.

Normally he didn't approach people first because he was so shy, but this time curiosity overtook his sense of caution. He walked over and carefully sat down next to the other Neville.

"Hullo?" He asked with uncertainty.
(Reply) (Thread)

afraid_to_fly
Subject:Re:
Time:2004-02-05 03:21 pm (UTC)
Neville looked up at an older version of himself.

"Wow, hi! I heard this might happen here, but it's quite weird. I'm Neville, but I guess you knew that, and I'm 15. I can tell you're older then me, but how much I'm not sure."

It was odd seeing himself in a few years, but really cool at the same time. Like having a convorsation with yourself, only not, because you're quite different.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 03:25 pm (UTC)
For a moment he lost his sense of politeness, simply staring at what had been him only a few years ago. He quickly realized how rude he was being and collected himself.

"I heard about this sort of thing too. I never actually expected to see myself though. How in the world did you end up here? I can't imagine myself visiting a bar at your age. I was so shy."

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 03:31 pm (UTC)
"The 'boyfriends' brought me out of my shell a bit." He did the quote things with his fingers and laughed.

"He doesn't quite know he's my boyfriend yet, so we'll keep that between you and me now won't we?" He grinned. "Or shall we say me and me?" He giggled and continued to sip at his scotch slowly.

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 03:38 pm (UTC)
He laughed nodded as he ordered a Cosmo. He had no idea if that was the proper drink to order when at a bar, all he knew was that he didn't know anything about alcohol so he just odered one of the drinks that Oliver had ordered for him on a previous date. He hoped he wasn't about to make a fool of himself.

"Yeah I'm the same way. My boyfriend sort of broke me into the whole....bar thing here. Though I'm still not very good at it I daresay."

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 03:44 pm (UTC)
"Cole and I haven't actually been to a bar or anything, but we've been out to dinner and stuff. He made me realize that its ok to just be me, and if people like me thats fine, and if they don't thats their loss." He smiled at his other self as his cosmo arrived.

"Those are good. I was in the mood for something a little harder myself though. I better be careful or the bitch'll make me an alcoholic." All of them affectionatly refered to her as the bitch. It wasn't meant to be mean exactly, it was just something to call her. For some reason her name just didn't seem appealing.

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 03:48 pm (UTC)
"Bravo, that's what I like to hear. I'm getting better at being myself without being shy, but it takes work. And truth be told I don't know anything about drinks. This just happened to be one my boyfriend Oliver ordered for me one time and I remembered it tasted good." He laughed and took a sip. It was nice talking to this other Neville because he knew he didn't have to be so embarrassed. It was a younger him after all.

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 03:56 pm (UTC)
"Wait, your boyfriend is Oliver? I live with an Oliver. Strange bloke he is... Can't quite make up his mind about things... can't keep his pants on either. And he cries a lot. I think thats Sam's fault though. She's not really, 'all there' shall we say..." He laughed and downed the rest of his drink.

"You think its your Oliver?"

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 04:01 pm (UTC)
He laughed. "I think so, he's associated with a Sam. And your description does certainly sound like him." He grinned. "I live with a whole mess of characters in Willow's head, she creates them like crazy. But the only one you'll see here is a nice bloke named Tatsel. If you ever meet him don't let what people say bother you, he's actually very nice. At any rate." He changed the topic. "You might want to do yourself a favor and stay away from the Oliver type of people."

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 04:14 pm (UTC)
"He seems like a nice enough bloke though. Can't shut up about you. Annoying really. The way he goes on and on and on. He's been in a right state lately what with Valentines Day coming up and him having no idea what to get you. Sam's no help either. I've got to live with him, and another Oliver who really doesn't go out anymore. Always complains about missing his wife and harry. Not sure how the two are related, but to each their own I guess. And Josh. Gods is he annoying. Campy son of a bitch. He's never been out before, so he's there all the time. And he doesn't shut up..." He clasped his hand over his mouth and blushed.

"Sorry... I usually don't go on like this. Guess you're just easy to talk to."

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 04:19 pm (UTC)
He laughed. "I don't mind it at all, you're very nice to talk to, being me and all. Josh sounds like a cheery sort of fellow, I suppose Tatsel or I will meet him eventually." He paused as he sipped his drink and thought.

"Is Oliver really all stirred up about what to get me? I mean he really talks about me huh?"

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 04:26 pm (UTC)
"All the time really. You'd think he'd be on about Quidditch all the time, you know, cause thats how most Olivers seem to be, but he's all Neville. Its like the Longbottom channel. Quite annoying when he's talking about me, but I know its not me, ya know? And he asks me for advise, I guess because he thinks I'm you, but we're not the same, so I don't know. I showed him what I'm getting my friend Cole though, and he seemed to like it. He might make a few minor adjustments I would think, to fit your personality."

He ordered another scotch, but sipped it a little slower this time.

"Anyway... how's being old?"

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 04:32 pm (UTC)
He smiled at the idea that Olive really did talk about him a lot.

"I love Oliver, I really do. I just worry too much I think. Anyway being old is pretty cool. You won't believe it, Oliver taught me how to fly! On a broom! I never thought I would do that. You really should try it, it's amazing. Soaring above everyone else -even if I don't go that high- and it's really cool because you feel like you could go anywhere you wanted to. You don't have any limits, except maybe the whole idea of not letting muggles see you."

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 04:34 pm (UTC)
"I'm so deathly afraid of brooms. Cole was going to take me flying once and I freaked out. I think I scared him. But you say you do it now? And you're alright?" He leaned his chin on his hand with his elbow on the table and stared at the boy.

"Maybe I'll let Cole teach me. He's a chaser for Hufflepuff, and he flys really well. He's so graceful and beautiful out there. I could sit and watch him forever..." He blushed. "And I'm babbling again..."

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 04:42 pm (UTC)
"Nah you're not babbling. I understand perfectly, I could watch Oliver fly all day. Flying is actually kind of easy once you get over the fear of it. I mean I don't go very high off the ground because I haven't quite gotten over busting my wrist that one time, but I'm fine so far. At least I haven't lost control of the broom yet." He smiled and watched himself.

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 04:54 pm (UTC)
"Thats why I won't get in the air. I mean, if I busted myself up the first time whos to say I won't kill myself the next time?" The wrist thing had really traumatized him, and the mere thought of coming off the ground when he could barely keep his balence on it scared him. Though he supposed if another him could do it, then physically he could handle it too.

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 05:04 pm (UTC)
He paused to think about it. The thought of killing himself by mistake had entered his head, but his eagerness to impress Oliver had sort of pushed it to the back of his mind.

"Well I suppose I was more concerned about impressing Oliver at the time. When you love someone that much it seems like breaking your wrist would hurt less then the person thinking poorly of you."

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 05:16 pm (UTC)
"I guess you're right. I mean, if Cole loves it as much as he says he does, there has to be something good about it. And I bet he'd be really happy if I learned to fly so we could go out togehter. Maybe I'll ask Harry to teach me." He thought about it for a second.

"Screw that. I'll just make Sam let me fly. I mean, she controls what happen, so if she doesn't make me fall, I won't fall. I am so smart..."

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 05:22 pm (UTC)
He grinned. "Now you've got the idea! Willow never lets anything bad happen to her characters, she's really soft when it comes to that sort of thing. If you get to flying we should all go out as a group sometime. That would be...interesting to see, at the very least."

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 06:49 pm (UTC)
"Millions of Nevilles and such taking to the skys. I'm sure it would frighten the knickers off most people." He giggled when he thought about it. A whole flock of them flying through the sky.

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 06:56 pm (UTC)
"I never thought of that. You think Nevilles could be scary in large numbers? I never thought of myself as particularly frightening."

The idea of a dozen Neville's flying around, hovering low to the ground like scared birds, made him giggle.

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 07:03 pm (UTC)
"I don't think we'd be scary so much in the 'crazy serial killer' way, but more like 'oh my god what are they all doing on brooms this is weird' kinda way. Maybe frighten isn't the right word then. How about confuse..." He laughed. "You need another drink? I'm going to go get myself a coke."

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 07:05 pm (UTC)
He scratched his nose as he thought. "Confuse is better I think. And yeah I suppose a coke sounds ok. I've got time to kill."

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 07:19 pm (UTC)
He jumped up and got two cokes from the bar before sitting back down and placing one infront of the other Neville. He had to admit, that while they looked similar, the two that controlled them had picked very different people to represent them. It was strange, being the same but not exactly the same. They were both pretty good looking though, so he supposed it was ok. He decided to voice his observations.

"You know for being the same person, we sure don't look exactly the same. I mean, we're pretty similar, but really different too. I think its really neat. This place is super cool."

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 07:26 pm (UTC)
"Thanks for the Coke. The difference in looks could be because I'm a little older. I do think it's neat though, it'd be too much like talking to a mirror if we were exactly identical. And I like this place too, even if it is a bar. I never thought I would actually like a bar, they never seemed like my type of place. But I bet they're all good places to hang out if the people there are as nice as you are." He sipped his drink.

afraid_to_fly
Time:2004-02-05 07:46 pm (UTC)
"Don't you mean as nice as you are?" He grinned evilly. "This is totally weird. But so much fun. Its nice to be out where I don't have to conform to some sort of plot. Plots are so weak..."

longbottom_boy
Time:2004-02-05 07:49 pm (UTC)
"That's exactly the way I feel! I don't have to worry about fitting some definition of what's expected. I can say what I want and do what I want without worry because....I mean, who will I offend? Myself?" He laughed. "And how will I be embarrassed if the only one that thinks I'm goofy is me? I love it."

The Land of The Crossovers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.