March 26th, 2006

i'm getting dizzy

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I that full well.” Psalm 139:14

The complexity of the human body is amazing. Scientists have discovered the amazing work of DNA and how it blueprints each cell in our body. Each cell contains about 2 meters of DNA which if added to all the other cells in our body would stretch to the sun and back almost 50 times. I’ve been on trips before that I could barely pack all of my clothes into a suitcase without sitting on it. How in the world does God pack enough DNA inside of us to stretch out for almost 10,000 Billion miles!!! How does God cause our heart to beat? We know that electrical impulses make it happen, but why? What causes the electrical impulses? If you think about all of this enough it will make your head hurt. And isn’t that amazing? Thinking too much about the complexity of your body is something your body can’t really handle! Whoa! I’m getting dizzy.

In the verse for today, the word translated wonderful is the Hebrew word, pala’. One of its meanings is “hard.” So you could read the verse, “your works are hard.” The difficulty of God’s task is amazing. Only creator God could form, mold and make you into the intricate, complex and completely unexplainable thing known as you!

Sometimes we just need to remember that there is somebody that has cared about us for a very long time in a really big way. God took the time to create all the cells in our body. Remember the old saying, “love is spelled T-I-M-E.” God showed his love for you by taking the time to make you. The understanding of this great truth is what caused the Psalmist to praise God in v. 17 & 18 by saying, “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I am awake, I am still with you!” Tomorrow when you wake up, praise God that He is still with you. No matter who you are or what you’ve done, He’s not going anywhere.
  • Current Mood
    sad sad