Angie (yellowroses510) wrote in _gdi,
Angie
yellowroses510
_gdi

• Mood:
Hey all,

My name's Angie, and I'm in a strange situation. I belong to a sorority that the school calls a society (it was founded in 1851 and the College required it to be a literary society, and though it functions now as a sorority, we can't technically call it that), Belles Lettres, and we were "re-founded" a few semesters ago (the group fell apart for about 5 years).

My question focuses mainly around sisterhood. We have quite a few new members this year, which is fantastic for us, and they are all exceptionally close, because all our pledges who completed pledging live on the same floor of the same dorm...in fact, many of them are roommates. While they are all very close knit, they seem to be very isolated from the rest of the group. This has been a recent development, but it's something that the rest of the group is really worried about. The pledge process was fine--all the girls got along great, but shortly after initiation, the new actives began to break off from the rest of us. I feel very disconnected from our group...quite a few of us do. We're working on resolving this situation for the next semester, but we're a small group (30 girls), so obviously there's some hurt feelings and resentment that can't and won't filter out like it would in a larger chapter.

How do you handle these situations? Do these problems even arise in your chapters? How do you go about forming a sisterhood, and maintaining that sisterhood?
Subscribe

• Summer months

So how do you keep in touch with your families through the summer? The end of our semester is quickly approaching (finals begin a week from today),…

• reflecting on the last post

"too many chiefs and not enough indians" is what my chorus teacher in high school used to always say to our all-girls group. I have been in a lot of…

• (no subject)

hey everyone! I'm Jen (Wine&SilverBlue" from GC) and I'm a Pi Beta Phi from the MO Beta chapter at Wash U. I don't actually have a journal, I made…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 9 comments