January 3rd, 2020

summer dreamer

In search of kindred spirits.

Hello community! I'm a 32-year-old girl person in search of kindred spirits to befriend. I'd describe myself as a chronic daydreamer, an incorrigible romantic and eternal kid at heart. I never grew out of make believe; I'm a believer of magic. My interests are sundry and manifold. I love books of all kinds, with a special penchant for classic romance (think Jane Austen and the Brontës), and at other times still find myself picking up old children's books. You could say I'm a nostalgic, sentimental creature, prone to feelings of wistfulness and whimsy. My music taste is likewise diverse but I was recently going through a phase of 80s alternative, 90s grunge, riot grrls, and Lana Del Rey. I'm dying to meet people who still understand the magic of Francesca Lia Block books or Sofia Coppola films, or early Tim Burton, or any of my other interests really!

I lead a very solitary lifestyle so my days are far from exciting, and my journal is thus oriented towards more reflective content. I do like to use my journal as a vehicle for self-exploration and growth. I'm a late bloomer in life as I have a history of mental illness, including anxiety, depression and c-ptsd, so I often feel a bit lost. It might be nice to meet people who understand such struggles.

If any of this sounds interesting to you and you'd like to give this friendship thing a try, please just leave a comment here or on my journal and I'll get back to you shortly. Thanks for reading! ♥