?

No account? Create an account

[icon] Hello busy and lazy bodies! MY name is Matt, and I'm an atheist. But… - The Free Thinkers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.

Security:
Time:11:50 pm
Hello busy and lazy bodies! MY name is Matt, and I'm an atheist. But that doesn't really yield too much conflict around here. Anyway, I would like you all to consider joining, in addition to this community, my new LJ community:
[info]atheist_debate
I have created this community in order to establish a contigent of academics, scientists, and debaters of non-religious persuasion. Hell, we'll take any scientist who just thinks some of the stuff out there is stupid and worth correcting. I hope to establish a union large enough to engage in successful academic debates with people espousing unrealistic world views, particularly young-earth creationists, whom are at the top of my debating hit list. Anyway, I'd appreciate more members and people who are willing to join and help form this union, and even perhaps give time. Peace, love, and dolphins!
comments: Leave a comment Previous Entry Share Next Entry

slice_of_pie
Link:(Link)
Time:2006-03-22 02:21 pm (UTC)
holy shit your icon is godly.
(Reply) (Thread)

libradreams89
Time:2006-03-24 04:25 am (UTC)
hahaha "godly" is a very ironic word to use...
Just thought I'd point that out because it made me giggle. lol

And yeah, you're icon is cool.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

(Anonymous)
Subject:FINALLY!!
Time:2006-04-12 12:47 am (UTC)
I can't blieve it...is this true? A person who shares my beliefs? I am a biochem student who constantly has to fight with ignorant people in her SCIENCE CLASSES. Yes, evolution did occur, and no, god didn't create us as we are now.
BTW, have you ever read Spinoza? He's got a whole different take on god, I kinda like his thinking about it, he says god is just nature, and nothing is consciously creating the universe...
pretty neat, eh?
Marina
P.S-- have you heard of that JUDAS SCROLL FOUND?
(Reply) (Thread)

lazy_goat
Subject:Another Free Thinker
Time:2006-04-26 05:46 am (UTC)
I am more than interested in joining your community. That is, if I am not too late. You posted about a month ago so I want to make sure you're still following through with it. I am 23 y/o and in the medical field, I am 100% Atheist and would love to discuss it with others.
(Reply) (Thread)

[icon] Hello busy and lazy bodies! MY name is Matt, and I'm an atheist. But… - The Free Thinkers
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.