Christian Alexander (dementedfaith) wrote in _flick_this_,
Christian Alexander
dementedfaith
_flick_this_

• Mood:
  • Music:

"It is not for him..."

"It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens." -Baha'u'llah

So today Miss Van Epps called me and I was like WTF is she calling me on my house phone for??? (We're on that level where we have cell phone numbers for each other instead of house numbers.)

So she called to tell me the ordeal with our flag director. We did hire someone, and she is presently in college at Lubbock getting ready to graduate. Her name is Cynthia or Cindy, I don't know, well Miss Van Epps didn't know. So yeah, she's not going to be with us until like August 7th (which is a Saturday anyway) and that sucks because that's two weeks of band camp, and one week of drill learning without learning anything.

Soooooo, Miss Van Epps asked me if I had the music, and I was like yes, but the uncut music. So she told me to go by tomorrow and get it. But before that, she asked me if I would try to come up with some routine or something so we'd have something to learn while we have no director. I thought "ABOUT TIME!!!"

It turns out that when she came to Rowe, she felt bad for us because were the ones writing routines. But I ended up telling her that since forever, the captain/officers wrote the routine. They never hired anyone like we did last year, and never hired a full time flag director like this year. She didn't know that, and so hopefully tomorrow I can convince her to letting me work with Cynthia/Cindy on writing the routine.

Kewl kewl kewl!! I was so elated about getting to write for the first song. It's about time I actually do something rather than teach people basics....

That's my news, I'm happy...

:)
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 3 comments