FFVII Soldier - _final_ff_ [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
_final_ff_

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

FFVII Soldier [Apr. 3rd, 2007|10:07 pm]
_final_ff_
_final_ff_
[zoearagon]
Okay I'm in need of a little help in a fanfiction I'm writing. I have little knowledge of SOLDIER's system.      How many classes are there?    What are the requirements of each class?
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: football_girl
2007-06-09 05:11 pm (UTC)
SOLDIER was originally a different unit, but has been merged with Department of Public Safety by Heidegger after he took control from Lazard. Originally, they were soldiers trained as elite fighters and used during Wutai War. Divided into third, second and first class of ascending skills. Members are injected with Jenova’s Cells and infused with Mako, which gives them greater strength and abilities, though only if they’re mentally strong enough to be able to handle the infusion and not succumb to Mako poisoning.

This is all I could ever gather from all the research I've done. :) (I've put together a document with every difinition and person in FFVII). The classes system is never clearly explained, but third class - lowly, second class - good, first class - amazing (Sephiroth was first class).

Hope it helps!
(Reply) (Thread)
2008-04-05 04:18 pm (UTC)

Ranks

Anyone trying to join SOLDIER has to start as an infantryman in the Shin-Ra army. (this was Cloud's rank during Crisis Core, he climbed to first class later on.)Once promoted to SOLDIER, the ranks go like this.

SOLDIER 3rd class- entry level
SOLDIER 2nd class- achieved after at least two years and promotion-worthy accomplishments.
SOLDIER 1st class- Noteworthy solo work, promotion-worthy accomplishments, and recommendation by another first class.
(Reply) (Thread)