?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

Aleks Hleb signed and presented

Hi there, Aleks!

He's signed a four-year deal with a 90 million buy-out clause, and has cost Barca the rumoured 15 million euros.

At the presentation, attended by a watchful Thierry Henry (his former captain at Arsenal), Aleks was very eager to please: he joked that he was willing to play in any position, including goalkeeper. In line with those comments, Guardiola praised his versatility and also his technical skill.

At the airport, looking somewhat apprehensive.

A bit more calm and confident (and dorky). Perhaps the surprise meeting with a group of Belarusian fans banishing the flag of their country before this particular photo-op helped.

Yep, definitely feeling better.

With a tired-looking Laporta at the press conference. [The home shirt is growing on me, finally.]

And Pep! Who must be pretty much living at Camp Nou with all the stuff he has to do between the double training sessions.

Txiki gets in on the action.

[It's a nice colour, but what's going on with the collar of Pep's shirt?]

Aleks solo. He was quite chatty and cheery, from all reports.

Elf ears!

Okay, this? Is adorable.

The venerable tradition of the Barca Toon carries on.

Aleks' toon appears to have terrifying eyes.

*dies* He's either 1) horrified and trying to hide it, or 2) trying not to burst out laughing.

Look who found time to turn up at the press conference to support his former Arsenal team-mate. [Aleks said that he was relying on Titi to help him settle in, and judging by the first training session, where he didn't leave Titi's side, they're off to a decent start.]

Still cooler than everybody else.

But occasionally you can glimpse his silly side.

The bit where the new signing kicks a ball around in front of the fans. Except since his signing was rushed through, it was at night and unfortunately I don't think he got the reception he deserved. [Um, also, unfortunate angle for this particular pic.]

Here's the keep-uppy part.

He's a gangly boy, isn't he?

Gleeful.

More of his patented Funny Hand Gestures (TM).

Aleks, dear, this would be cute if you were someone who's been with the club a few years, or a life-long fan. Right now it just makes me uncomfortable.

This, however, I love.

Finally, I present to you: Toon Aleks in all his glory.

Pep's right, he is a Barca-type midfielder, and I hope he proves a great buy for us.

Comments

( 24 comments — Speak )
(Deleted comment)
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 12:27 pm (UTC)
I know - this transfer window's got enough tedious drama as it is. *g*

The Titi pics are fabulous, aren't they? ♥
(Deleted comment)
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 02:59 pm (UTC)
I know - why is it so damn long?

Yeah, given what I've heard about Aleks, poor man probably needs the support.
(Deleted comment)
stickmarionette
Jul. 19th, 2008 12:36 am (UTC)
*nod* I just hope he doesn't let the new setting scare him. [He was apparently one of the guys who was 'intimidated' by Titi at Arsenal. Which has got to change now that he's at a club where even the kids aren't intimidated. *g*]
c0v89
Jul. 18th, 2008 11:35 am (UTC)
haaai aleks.
:D

maks me cringe a little cuz you has arsenal blood but i could deal with titi so i spose. LOL. <3.
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 12:36 pm (UTC)
We'll get used to him eventually, I think. :D
arooj
Jul. 18th, 2008 12:36 pm (UTC)
Yay I'm glad Hleb has joined, he was too lightweight for the Prem so hopefully he'll kick ass in La Liga..

Eurgh yeah, is it a new trend that all new Barcelona signings kiss the badge? Because I really do not think you should do that the moment you sign..it just appears fake.
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 12:38 pm (UTC)
He does seem like the type of technical player who would succeed in La Liga. And here nobody's going to yell at him for not shooting at the first sight of goal. *g*

*nod* Unless you're a life-long fan (like, say, Mark van Bommel was), I don't think it's appropriate.
arooj
Jul. 18th, 2008 12:40 pm (UTC)
ROFL. Keep Fabregas away from Barcelona XD

Exactly..

I guess Arshavin isn't coming seeing as they have bought Hleb.
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 03:00 pm (UTC)
Oh, don't worry, I think Cesc will stay at Arsenal for years.

Actually, there's progress on that front - we're still after a winger and a forward, after all.
louis_quatorze
Jul. 18th, 2008 02:24 pm (UTC)
Oh good, there's a Toon. :D (What language did he do the press conference in, do you know?)
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 03:01 pm (UTC)
I'm frantically looking for the video of the toon, which will probably be hilarious. *g*

(English, I think.)
louis_quatorze
Jul. 18th, 2008 03:37 pm (UTC)
Oh *man*. That will make my week.

(Aww. His English is endearingly crap.)
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 03:43 pm (UTC)
(It sounded alright - but it is a shame that nobody else on the squad speaks German or Russian, and only Titi, Guddy, Gerard and Sylvinho speak English.)
louis_quatorze
Jul. 18th, 2008 03:47 pm (UTC)
(I always liked his bad English. There was something endearing about it. But yeah, I think communication may be a problem, and I doubt he'll learn Spanish as fast as Titi, as he doesn't have a whole lot of experience with Romance languages.)
stickmarionette
Jul. 18th, 2008 03:59 pm (UTC)
(Ahh, that's a good point. Good thing Titi's there to help out, then. *g*)
psychoticpoopie
Jul. 18th, 2008 06:09 pm (UTC)
ahahaha...we have our own goof. just hope he plays just as well.
stickmarionette
Jul. 19th, 2008 12:37 am (UTC)
He does seem like someone who'll add a bit of silliness and good cheer to training. :D
bustedflush
Jul. 18th, 2008 10:25 pm (UTC)
That is so, so sweet that Titi turned up to watch. I wonder if that made Hleb relax or even more nervous. I do wonder, though, if the inevitability of a Toon is going to start driving potential transfers away. Maybe I should write a letter to the board.

[And my god, I'm totally distracted by Pep's jeans in those pictures. Nnnnngh.]
stickmarionette
Jul. 19th, 2008 12:40 am (UTC)
Probably the latter, unfortunately, given what I've heard about their relationship at Arsenal, but hopefully he'll get used to it.

I do wonder, though, if the inevitability of a Toon is going to start driving potential transfers away.
Hee. Certainly CRon would be too vain to stand being represented in such an awful cartoon form.

[You're not the only one. I didn't mention it because I fangirl enough as it is, but yeah. *g*]
bustedflush
Jul. 19th, 2008 02:39 pm (UTC)
Aw, really? Titi, you should have waited outside, for god's sake.

CRon is only the tip of the iceberg, my friend! Any sane person would at least take that into considering, even though the brown in the training gear is a plus. Oh, and Pep.

[*grin* Thank goodness, I was feeling like very lonely fangirl. (And I do admire your self control.]
stickmarionette
Jul. 19th, 2008 04:05 pm (UTC)
I don't think Titi ever realized that he was 'intimidating' the youngsters back at Arsenal, not until he left, and being at Barca has probably made him forget all about it (because even the kids aren't capable of being intimidated by Titi throwing his hands up at them *g*).

Footballers are strange, strange creatures, though. It's hard to say what they'll care about. :D

[We are - or we will be - legion. BTW, I'm working on and off for a Pep pimping post for twoyellowcards.]

OT: a Google Translate mangled paragraph that I just had to share, from around 2001:

It is one of the few friends who left in Barcelona. Pep Guardiola spoke very often with Figo since his departure to Madrid and the Portuguese even starred in a lightning trip to meet the daughter of Barca's captain. Guardiola is perhaps one of those who know him best.
bustedflush
Jul. 21st, 2008 11:08 pm (UTC)
[Oh, yay! Can't wait for the Pep, especially if he jeans are involved. *g*]

Awwwwwwwwwwww. *clutches heart* Figo really seems to hold onto the friendships he developed in Spain, that makes me happy.
labyrinthically
Jul. 21st, 2008 08:41 am (UTC)
I am liking the colour of Pep's shirt.

And, awww, Titi. :)
stickmarionette
Jul. 21st, 2008 09:00 am (UTC)
It's nice, no? Purple, but not too purple. *g*

Titi looks after his babies. :D
( 24 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S