Lee (stickmarionette) wrote in _fcbarcelona_,
Lee
stickmarionette
_fcbarcelona_

• Mood:

Pep Guardiola presented (w/transfer bombshells)

We now formally have a new manager. Well, he's now off on vacation after a season of hard work with the B team, but he'll back on the 22nd to present players and argue with Txiki about transfers.

+ Speaking of the B team, the official website has a summary of their great season.

+ If anyone still doesn't know anything about our new manager, they've got a bio up as well.

+ Guardiola said a number of interesting things in his press conference, spread out over two reports on the official site.

Main points:

+ Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco are probably leaving, although he didn't completely discount the possibility of any one of them staying should a transfer not be worked out. [I will be back to write a post lamenting this eventually. Especially Sammy, God.]

+ Thierry Henry and Rafa Marquez are staying. [Yay!]

+ Training will be behind closed doors before and after match days.

+ We're still looking to sign a striker and maybe a winger.

+ There will be an increased emphasis on the collective game. For example, the forwards have to take their defensive responsibilites seriously.

ETA: a great article about Guardiola's coaching style, via Google Translate. To give you an idea, comparisons are made to Sacchi and Mourinho. [Slightly scared now.]
Tags: deco, eto'o, marquez, news, pep guardiola, ronaldinho, thierry henry
Subscribe

• OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

RAFA MÁRQUEZ TRAINS WITH BARÇA B! The Mexican defender, who's currently playing for the NY Red Bulls on the MLS, has…

• FCB vs Osasuna game

Hi all, I'm new here and hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I enjoyed last night's game so much that I wanted to initiate a…

• kjsadhfkjhdsklfhakljhdlfjaksldhfljaks

Thiago and Rafinha Alcántara: from Barra da Tijuca to Camp Nou SPORT.ES ARTICLE + ESPN BRAZIL VIDEO!!! Why do all jokers have the…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 18 comments

• OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

RAFA MÁRQUEZ TRAINS WITH BARÇA B! The Mexican defender, who's currently playing for the NY Red Bulls on the MLS, has…

• FCB vs Osasuna game

Hi all, I'm new here and hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I enjoyed last night's game so much that I wanted to initiate a…

• kjsadhfkjhdsklfhakljhdlfjaksldhfljaks

Thiago and Rafinha Alcántara: from Barra da Tijuca to Camp Nou SPORT.ES ARTICLE + ESPN BRAZIL VIDEO!!! Why do all jokers have the…