?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

Joan Laporta has confirmed that Frank Rijkaard will leave the Club at the end of the 2007-08 season. Current Barça B coach, Josep Guardiola, will take over the reins of the first team. Joan Laporta spoke to reporters after a Board meeting on Thursday afternoon. (source)

Bye Frankie, it's been good. We'll never forget what you did for Barça.

For those that may not know Pep has only been with Barça B for one season and has not coached prior. So, yeah certainly a risk.

Comments

( 10 comments — Speak )
greeniefru
May. 8th, 2008 06:58 pm (UTC)
Bye bye Frank. :(

Pep is a Legend but this is a bit of a risk...
sibarita
May. 8th, 2008 07:02 pm (UTC)
Bye Frank, you brought us a lot od excitement and glory. We'll never forget what you did for the team.

I hope Pep works too but well we have to take risks too.
rebefigo
May. 8th, 2008 08:02 pm (UTC)
Thank yu Frank for everything you did for Barca! You gave us so much joy. Good luck in the future.
Pep wish you the best... I'm a bit scare for that responsibility, but I hope it works!
muzhi_
May. 8th, 2008 08:34 pm (UTC)
I'm gonna miss Frank so much :( I don't want him to go, he's been so good for Barça and he has never been anything but loyal to the team.
They could have at least let him finish his contract >.<

I hope Guardiola turns out to be a good coach...
girlboheme
May. 8th, 2008 10:08 pm (UTC)
Goodness. I will sure miss Frank :( I'm curious to see how Guardiola does with this level of team. He's got loyalty, and that is what I love. Can't wait to see how he does. I just love Frank, though.
towhateverend
May. 8th, 2008 11:41 pm (UTC)
*woes* I don't want Rij to go.
stickmarionette
May. 9th, 2008 02:30 am (UTC)
Oh Frankie, we love you forever.
psychoticpoopie
May. 9th, 2008 06:40 am (UTC)
Frank has had the patience of a cow seriously...and I don't quite know about Pep. gah. he will be missed.
arooj
May. 9th, 2008 10:16 am (UTC)
Well after the thrasing against RM, i think it was inevitable he should leave but prior to this season, he was great. Hopefully this season will not tarnish his reputation and people will remember him as the man who bought so much to the club :)

Guardiola doesn't have much expericence at all so yes it is a risk. But he already knows the team and is a Barcelona man at heart, he understands the football club and will play the way they always have. Hopefully, the club will make the right 3 or 4 signings that are needed and he'll be succesful.
psychodalmatian
May. 10th, 2008 02:57 am (UTC)
Bye Frank, and thank you for all you've done for Barca.

( 10 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S