?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

Alex Song has arrived!

After a few weeks of rumours and some Guillem Balague "exclusives" (at least I'm guessing so, he's blocked me so who knows), Alex Song has signed for the next five years, for a fee of 19m Euros.

Welcome to Barça!

So, what do we think? Good transfer? Unnecessary? Do we need him? For me, I've yet to be convinced that he's a worthwhile addition to the squad. I hope he does great and fits in well, but I don't feel excited at all about the transfer. Here's hoping I'm proved wrong...

[fcb.com]

Comments

( 5 comments — Speak )
rufusthekatt
Aug. 20th, 2012 08:33 pm (UTC)
Your thoughts are basically mine. I can't really imagine that he'll add anything to the team except for ridiculous hair... I was waaaaay more excited about Alba, BUT you never know, he can turn out to be great :) Which I hope he will :) Anyways, welcome to the club!
elizaberglund
Aug. 20th, 2012 09:28 pm (UTC)
I don't really care much about this transfer since he is basicly Keita's replacement and that means that he will spend 80% of his time on the bench. on the other hand 19 mil for a bench warmer sound scandalous. That is my only problem.
flywoman
Aug. 20th, 2012 10:20 pm (UTC)
I really didn't know anything about him before the transfer rumors started, but I just watched a video on Total Barca, and I would say that he moves very fluidly and seems to have good ball control in addition to being tall. I was much more excited about Alba too after watching him in the Euros, but on the other hand, we do need cover for Busi when he's tired or if he gets injured, so I can see the logic here.
nulz
Aug. 21st, 2012 04:55 pm (UTC)
yeah...on the downside, i've heard that he loses the ball a lot and tends to leave huge gaps in the midfield. i'll reserve judgement until i see him actually play for us though. i still think the money should have been put towards a good CB but rotation is always good. something we didn't do enough last season...well, mainly because we couldn't :p
effingusernames
Aug. 21st, 2012 09:12 pm (UTC)
I think it will be interesting to see how he fares in Barca, i'm kinda excite for him after watching some videos of him in action.
(I am VERY excite for Jordi Alba though.)
( 5 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S