?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

APPARENTLY OUR GIRLS WON THE LEAGUE AND I FORGOT TO SPAM YOU ALL WITH CELEBRATORY PHOTOS. RECTIFYING THIS POSTHASTE.

To set the scene: Barça Femenino went into the final match of the season, at home against mid-table Sporting Huelva, three points ahead of Athletic Bilbao, but with a negative head-to-head against the Basques (who lost only to Barcelona, and that away, all season long, so they weren't likely to do any favors to Barça and drop points in their last match), so they had to get at least a point to win the league. And you would think this would not be very difficult, considering that Barcelona have never even drawn, let alone lost, at home all season long, but these things have a way of complicating themselves (ask any Manchester City fan, amirite). So thank god for Marta Corredera, who scored just after halftime to give everybody's nerves a rest. The scoreline remained 1-0 until the end of the match, when the party began! There's a bunch of links about the match/league win, including to an English match report, over at Futfem in English, so I'm going to skip all that and go straight to the fun part: PICSPAM TIME!!!

pre-match huddle

post-goal celebration

ugh why would you put a watermark on my flawless Ani you fools

And then... off to the victory dinner to party some more!

heroine of the hour and her "best friend Jesus". he's a madridista but I guess we have to forgive him. (she mentioned him in her toast at dinner and said she was dedicating the victory partly to him because he always makes her smile. all together now: awwwwwww.)

speech! speech! two of the players tweeted pics of Captain Ani addressing the troops. she replied to both of them to say she was going to kill them. what a good captain she is, bless her. <3

You know who else won the league and deserve some congratulatory picspamming up in here? Barcelona Femenino Juvenil-Cadete!

especially my girl Alba Moreno, because goalie captains are fierce <3

And then, because there is no rest for the flawless, the ladies were off to the Basque Country to compete in the Torneo de Getxo, which is an exhibition tournament mainly significant for the fact that Basque berets are involved in the trophy ceremony. Very serious business! Which totally explains why most of the weekend's twitpics involved booze, tapas or both.

Olga Garcia was up all night puking the night before the group stage, so she couldn't play that day (and also Guti had to stay in to babysit her instead of going out for wine and tapas with the rest of the team). pobrecita! of course she went and scored two goals in the final the next day, like a boss.

Barça defeated Bizkerre and Oviedo Moderno in the group stage and faced Levante (who had defeated Barakaldo and Athletic Bilbao in the group stage) in the final. Sonia and Olga both scored twice, Laura Rafols got herself a clean sheet, and all in all it was a very satisfactory end to the tournament!

but I wanted Ani to wear the hat... :(((

And then, back to Barcelona to prepare for the Copa de la Reina!

BY THE WAY, DID YOU KNOW THE COPA DE LA REINA IS THIS WEEKEND? WE'RE PLAYING ATHLETIC IN THE SEMIFINALS. STAY TUNED IF YOU ENJOY HEARING A WOMAN ATTEMPT TO CONVEY EMOTIONS VIA THE INTERNET WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY CHEWING OFF ALL HER FINGERNAILS AND PULLING OUT ALL HER HAIR.

ETA: if you have any questions at all about our ladies, don't be shy to ask! after all the time I spend stalking them on twitter and trying to read articles in Spanish, I would be overjoyed to be able to put my newfound knowledge to good use. XD

Comments

( 15 comments — Speak )
cydmira
Jun. 5th, 2012 05:54 am (UTC)
I cant stop staring at Karol *_*
meretricula
Jun. 5th, 2012 08:13 am (UTC)
isn't she cuuuuuute? haha I think this is the first time I've had a picture of her standing next to Marta Unzue since they got the same haircut, I didn't realize Carol was so tiny!
abfabregas
Jun. 5th, 2012 10:05 am (UTC)
our girls are so hot. not to mention amazingly talented. VISCA LADIES!
meretricula
Jun. 5th, 2012 05:43 pm (UTC)
inorite, so much <3
stars2small2use
Jun. 5th, 2012 01:16 pm (UTC)
QT :D
meretricula
Jun. 5th, 2012 05:43 pm (UTC)
:)
kmlewis1980
Jun. 5th, 2012 05:38 pm (UTC)
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS POST!!!!!
meretricula
Jun. 5th, 2012 05:41 pm (UTC)
:D
(Deleted comment)
meretricula
Jun. 6th, 2012 01:19 am (UTC)
haha, thank you! Barcelona doesn't publish stats like that on the ladies, unfortunately :( you could probably find height and weight for some of them if they're on the NT or transferred in from a different club recently--I know Espanyol puts some basic stats online. is there one of the girls you're particularly curious about? and you could always just ask! they're all really friendly about questions from fans on twitter, from what I've seen. I had to ask one of them about her nickname and she replied right away.

Edited at 2012-06-06 01:20 am (UTC)
(Deleted comment)
meretricula
Jun. 6th, 2012 01:13 am (UTC)
anytime! :)
hey_larry
Jun. 6th, 2012 01:08 am (UTC)
This is so cool!!!! They all look so pretty. Alba Moreno really looks like a celebrity in my country lol.
meretricula
Jun. 6th, 2012 01:12 am (UTC)
I am irrationally attached to her because she bitchfaces something fierce during matches, haha. I stumbled across a photographer who goes to Juvenil-Cadete games and fell in love. XD
(Deleted comment)
meretricula
Jun. 6th, 2012 02:02 am (UTC)
mte
burning_moon117
Jun. 6th, 2012 04:37 am (UTC)
Do you think the Copa de la Reina games will be streamed on Marca or Esport or something like that?
meretricula
Jun. 6th, 2012 05:07 am (UTC)
Barça's semifinal against Athletic will be streamed live by Marca at 19:30 Madrid time, Espanyol's semi against Rayo was going to be on tape delay but they keep changing the time of the second semi so who even knows. maybe it'll be live too? I have no idea about the final (Friday at 19:30 is a block of time MarcaTV has had set aside for women's football for a while) but you'd think they'd broadcast it. hopefully it won't conflict with Spain's game against Italy!
( 15 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S