?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

When I saw this earlier i thought OMG this'll be great for the post-match spam on _fcbarcelona_... But OH WAIT.
So Barcelona just won against MILAN AC and there's not even a little wee bit of a match-spam? SMH guise. S.M.H. So I'm just gonna leave this here ok XD Just a quick note: it's equally hilarious and creepy, so enter at your own risk XDDD

XAVI HERNÁNDEZ IS
"THE GIRL OF MY DREAMS WHO KEPT SAYING NO"

In the Milan AC - FC Barcelona post-match interview Nando The Reporter was conducting with Adriano Galliani (MIlan AC's vice-president and CEO)...suddenly Xavi popped up.

Translation of the vid below:

Annoying Studio Journalist: The clubs who have been confirmed as top of their groups are Real Madrid, Inter – which, of course, Milan will not face in the round of 16 – Bayern München, Barcelona – which, again, Milan will not be facing in the round of 16 – and Arsenal…
Galliani: Wait, wait, I have something to propose first… since right here with me there’s the Barcelona player who was better than anybody else tonight – and it’s not Messi – it’s Xavi. I’ll just leave you guys with him, who’s way more interesting than me.
Studio Journalist: No, no! Wait, wait wait!!!
Nando (the reporter standing between Xavi and Galliani): No, I think Galliani should conduct the interview himself… [turns to Xavi] So, Xavi…
Annoying studio journalist (keeps yelling shrilly like an idiot): Nando! Nando wait! Nandooooo!
Nando: We wanted our president here to..
Annoying studio journalist: Nando! NANDO!
Nando: Yes, what?
Annoying studio journalist: Before you move on to Xavi…
Nando: I’m not moving on to him, I’m trying to interview both at the same—
Annoying studio journalist: Ask Galliani if it’s true that he made Xavi sign a contract for Milan but then [Xavi’s] mum changed her mind?
Galliani: No, I’ve never met his mom. I did meet his dad though. I already knew he was a great player back then [O RLY], he was 19 at the time. I was always a bit into him [ughhh] You know, like those women you’re really into but you can never quite seduce [ok STOP IT. #ew]
Annoying studio journalist: Well, you can kiss him now!
Galliani: Nah, it’s too late now to kiss him, the moment’s passed. [=_=]
Nando [in broken Spanish tries to explain the conversation to Xavi]: They were proposing that you two kiss because…. He once talked to your father….but then nothing came of it.
Xavi: No, no, well, I wanted to succeed at Barcelona, I’ve been culé since I was a little kid… Obviously, I was incredibly flattered that Mr. Galliani came to speak with my father to try and sign me for Milan. I will always thank him for that, truly, a club like Milan, historically among the best clubs in the world, that they’d want [me], that they’d…
Galliani [laughs, puts his hand up].
Nando [in Italian to the audience]: He just said he’s really grateful that Milan had a thing for him [he did not say that you idiot #awkward phrasing] [turns back to Xavi] But didn’t the same happen with Puyol, too? Milan was interested in him but then he said no. [Back to Galliani] They keep resisting you. They’re like a girlfriend who doesn’t want to…
[Xavi just fucking run awayyyy]
Galliani: Yeah but the one we came closest to getting was Xavi.
Nando [to Xavi]: So you were closest to signing a contract than Puyol, right?
Xavi: We were just about to accept though. It was a very little step that we didn’t take.
Nando: Can you give us a quick comment about the game, now that Galliano is listening?
Xavi: Sure. I think people saw a very nice, very exciting game. Milan put in a lot of effort, they played a really good game, and so did Barcelona. We were lucky enough to have better finishing, but I think that for any football fan what they saw tonight was an incredible show.
Nando: He said it was a great show and they were more lucky for scoring more.
Annoying studio journalist: Perfect summary!
Galliani: Exactly, yes. They are an awesome club. They are awesome awesome awesome club. They’re fantastic.
Nando [In Italian]: So this is the end of the courtship between Barcelona and Milan, yes? [In Spanish to Xavi] There will be no more…[doesn’t know how to say courtship in Spanish >_>]
Xavi bursts into [awkward] laughter.
Galliani: It’s too late now… he’s the novia [girlfriend in Spanish], the bride… everything to Barcelona.
Nando: Maybe there will be others though—
Galliani: No, no. No one else.
Annoying studio journalist: Beautiful. Beautiful one-on-one interview. Now—Awww, and such a beautiful, beautiful handshake… we were waiting to see another kind of handshake but whatever [he’s referring to Ibra-Pep]. Anyway, thanks to Xavi and Galliani.

Watching this was pure torture, and translating it was even worse LOL. I hope you appreciate the effort XD

Comments

( 13 comments — Speak )
elizaberglund
Nov. 24th, 2011 08:17 pm (UTC)
"Nando [in broken Spanish tries to explain the conversation to Xavi]: They were proposing that you two kiss because…. He once talked to your father….but then nothing came of it."

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Briliant! I had to stop at that for 5 minutes before continuing reading. LMFAO!!!!!
emiliana84
Nov. 24th, 2011 09:06 pm (UTC)
I don't know how Xavi didn't run the hell out of there to be honest, especially because there was no way he understood the whole thing in Italian XDDDDD
so lulzy tho XD
elizaberglund
Nov. 24th, 2011 09:12 pm (UTC)
I'm quite sure he whitnessed wierder things and was all calm and collected when he said that ... remember, that he always laughts about people who once claimed he was gay, you know: small + cute + single = qay ... not that there is anything wrong with being gay but I can imagine that being seen as something you're not may be awkward and he didn't do a Zlatan but simply laughted it all off ... makes me love this boy even more!
bleeding_dry
Nov. 24th, 2011 09:06 pm (UTC)
Oooo-kaaay. Reading this was awkward enough - I'm gonna protect myself and *not* watch the video.
san
Nov. 24th, 2011 11:45 pm (UTC)
........ SO. AWKWARD. (LMFAOOOOO)

Thanks for the translation Emily bb! Would you like a strong cup of tea? XD;;;;;; <3
emiliana84
Nov. 25th, 2011 02:18 pm (UTC)
lolololol thanks for the tea (and sympathy LOL) :D
it was my pleasure :333
(Deleted comment)
emiliana84
Nov. 25th, 2011 02:19 pm (UTC)
yes I know it's cortejo but the Italian reporter had no idea how to translate it, so instead he went on with the phrase and it sounded even more creepy!!! XD
bleeding_dry
Nov. 25th, 2011 05:27 am (UTC)
OT: Could someone please gif Thiago winking at Jona when the sub took place? I just need it in my life :p
asdfg
Nov. 25th, 2011 01:53 pm (UTC)
lol.......

xavi's barça's current bride that is true
serendip
Nov. 25th, 2011 05:07 pm (UTC)
I was hoping this was the interview where Xavi talked about being single. Again. Always. OMG XAVI LLAMAME ESTOY AQUI!!!!!!
walker_sarah
Nov. 25th, 2011 07:43 pm (UTC)
LOL WHAT DID I READ ?
footballfangirl
Nov. 26th, 2011 01:51 am (UTC)
lol. This was completely creepy. He's obviously in a relationship with his childhood sweetheart. Her name is football.
bloolikejazz
Nov. 27th, 2011 04:08 pm (UTC)
i just wanna point out how cute xavi was trying to pretend he understands them nodding his head even before the journo translated
( 13 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S