?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

new website launched, wheeeeeee

For the last year, rumours have been swirling about a possible re-design of the official website, with Dídac Lee, Club director of technologies even bringing in 'outside help.' After a few years of the current site, it has become outdated and a hassle to navigate. Other clubs have already moved into the future of a user-friendly interface, including Manchester City, and lord help us all, Real Madrid.

As Lee's tweets became more and more excited about the coming changes and his hints at 'suprises,' we were wondering what exactly this re-design would consist of? Ease of navigation, of course. Better graphics and over all more aesthetically pleasing, we hoped so.

The wait is over.

This morning, Rosell and Lee debuted the new website and technology strategy to a full press-room. Lee said, "What you see online is just the first step in the Club's digital strategy - it's the tip of the iceberg of what we are going to have. The project will evolve and we will be changing every month."

One of these future changes is the addition of a search bar, which will no doubt make the site even easier to find exactly what you're looking for.

Other improvements in Club technology will include a re-vamp of the official Club iPhone app, and the creation of new apps. We hope this includes on for RIM as those of us who have the misfortune of owning Blackberrys feel left out right now. With the new apps will come a push to increase call phone coverage inside the stadium, with the help of Telefónica I+D.

As the Club expands its forays into the world of social networking, we're excited to see how far they go and what new changes will come of it.

8 things we love about the new website

1) NO MORE WATERMARKS - Club photos no longer have the familiar - and hated - fcbarcelona.cat watermark splashed across them, as shown in this photo of Xavi from this morning's session ahead of the match against Athletic Club.

2) The new team profile pages are really, really pretty.

3) The womens' teams finally have their own pages.

4) Thanks to Java, whenever you hover over an image in the news navigation bars, the player profiles, and historical pages, the name of the player/article appears - without having to actually click on anything.

5) The new historical pages themselves. Legends. History of the Reserve teams. History of the club itself. Old statistics. Anything you could want to know about the Club (or, almost anything), it's now available. (this is the 1902 reserve team).

6) THE IDENTITY PAGE.

7) All of the old photos, like these of the 1971 Copa de Ferias final.

8) Can you say easy to use? It's absolutely ridiculous how much simpler the new site is to navigate, but how much better it looks.

We're kind of dying over here to be completely honest. So we'll close with this gif, which is how we feel right now.

Comments

( 10 comments — Speak )
neuers
Nov. 3rd, 2011 05:48 pm (UTC)
They had me at "No watermarks" but really, everything looks so pretty! I'm pleased *__*
kitty69lover
Nov. 3rd, 2011 06:30 pm (UTC)
"i don't like change!"

seriously, i like it.
effingusernames
Nov. 3rd, 2011 07:10 pm (UTC)
everything's so pretty! even tho *i usually don't like change*

omg we have a womens team. i've been living under a rock apparently
footballfangirl
Nov. 3rd, 2011 08:22 pm (UTC)
The website looks great! I love the description of the history of l'Himne and the sound clips they have. I'm glad they finally updated it.
kmlewis1980
Nov. 3rd, 2011 08:58 pm (UTC)
Love everything about it so far. No watermarks!!!
rufusthekatt
Nov. 3rd, 2011 09:14 pm (UTC)
It's awesome, I love it, the old one looked like it was from the 90's srsly, and no watermarks, amazing! Only thing I've been having troubles with is to use it on ipod, it was really hard to navigate for some reason, but maybe that's just my ipod, idk...
walker_sarah
Nov. 3rd, 2011 10:00 pm (UTC)
OMG NO WATERMARK

*DANCE*
san
Nov. 4th, 2011 01:06 am (UTC)
LOVE the new site. :DDD

And A+ gif! I totally agree, Mourinho, I'm so glad you understand us cules and feel the exact same way, even toda- oh wait...
asdfg
Nov. 4th, 2011 01:28 am (UTC)
I LOVE IT SO MUCH

killclaudia
Nov. 4th, 2011 03:53 am (UTC)
stalked/friend requested the entire women's team. will keep you guys posted.
( 10 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S