As Lee's tweets became more and more excited about the coming changes and his hints at 'suprises,' we were wondering what exactly this re-design would consist of? Ease of navigation, of course. Better graphics and over all more aesthetically pleasing, we hoped so.
The wait is over.
One of these future changes is the addition of a search bar, which will no doubt make the site even easier to find exactly what you're looking for.
Other improvements in Club technology will include a re-vamp of the official Club iPhone app, and the creation of new apps. We hope this includes on for RIM as those of us who have the misfortune of owning Blackberrys feel left out right now. With the new apps will come a push to increase call phone coverage inside the stadium, with the help of Telefónica I+D.
As the Club expands its forays into the world of social networking, we're excited to see how far they go and what new changes will come of it.
1) NO MORE WATERMARKS - Club photos no longer have the familiar - and hated - fcbarcelona.cat watermark splashed across them, as shown in this photo of Xavi from this morning's session ahead of the match against Athletic Club.
2) The new team profile pages are really, really pretty.
3) The womens' teams finally have their own pages.
4) Thanks to Java, whenever you hover over an image in the news navigation bars, the player profiles, and historical pages, the name of the player/article appears - without having to actually click on anything.
5) The new historical pages themselves. Legends. History of the Reserve teams. History of the club itself. Old statistics. Anything you could want to know about the Club (or, almost anything), it's now available. (this is the 1902 reserve team).
6) THE IDENTITY PAGE.
7) All of the old photos, like these of the 1971 Copa de Ferias final.
8) Can you say easy to use? It's absolutely ridiculous how much simpler the new site is to navigate, but how much better it looks.
We're kind of dying over here to be completely honest. So we'll close with this gif, which is how we feel right now.