?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

European champions back at work

The Barça squad met up again on Monday morning after the summer holiday. Sixteen players took the different medical tests.

The Liga and European champions got the 2011/12 season off to a start this morning with the traditional medical examinations at the Ciutat Esportiva and after that in the Camp Nou medical centre, where they did different exercises and were also had their weight and height checked.

Carles Puyol, who is still recovering from injury, and Bojan, who has been allowed some time to sort out his future, were excused from the session, and obviously the five player that have been playing at the Copa America (Messi, Mascherano, Milito, Alves and Adriano) were also away.

Good atmosphere

The players were wearing the new yellow change strip, and there were smiles all round as they got together for the first time in weeks. They were divided into four different groups for the Camp Nou tests. There were two groups of five (Valdés, Pinto, Piqué, Iniesta and Xavi, in one group and Sergio, Villa, Pedro, Keita and Abidal in the other) and two groups of three (Jeffren, Maxwell and Afellay, plus Thiago, Fontàs and Jonathan dos Santos).

First training this evening

Barça have their first training session this Monday evening at 19.00 in the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper. Only the first quarter of an hour will be open to the media.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Source

Comments

( 17 comments — Speak )
holaascensor
Jul. 18th, 2011 12:54 pm (UTC)
Bojan, who has been allowed some time to sort out his future, were excused from the session

SO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS ADMITTING HE MAY BE LEAVING NOW.
kitty69lover
Jul. 18th, 2011 05:33 pm (UTC)
what do you mean *may* be leaving. he HAS TO! he BETTER!
nulz
Jul. 18th, 2011 12:57 pm (UTC)
DAHVEEEED

keite's arms = *____*

lol this is such a terrible comment BUUUUUT I'M HAPPY TO SEE THEM BACK EVEN IF THEY ARE WEARING CANARY YELLOW.
pris_stratton
Jul. 18th, 2011 01:02 pm (UTC)
I'm so used to seeing them in bright colors, those black kits are going to take time for me to adjust to
nulz
Jul. 18th, 2011 01:34 pm (UTC)
i saw a boy wearing one the other day! it looked nice now that i've seen it in person but you don't look at it and think "oh, barca shirt!" which is sad :(
pris_stratton
Jul. 18th, 2011 01:04 pm (UTC)
MMM,XAVI
pansylove
Jul. 18th, 2011 01:13 pm (UTC)
Not enough bare skin, I disapprove.
walker_sarah
Jul. 18th, 2011 03:13 pm (UTC)
mte
renigallagher
Jul. 18th, 2011 01:44 pm (UTC)
The season cannot start soon enough
roseofdarkness
Jul. 18th, 2011 03:00 pm (UTC)
I flailed when I realized Xavi and Kiete and I have the same socks. We are one.
walker_sarah
Jul. 18th, 2011 03:14 pm (UTC)
Xavi's socks are killing me
neuers
Jul. 18th, 2011 03:38 pm (UTC)
Needs more Xavi but EEEE!! they're back :D
kitty69lover
Jul. 18th, 2011 05:33 pm (UTC)
i like Pedro here.

here there and everywhere
bow_tied
Jul. 18th, 2011 07:26 pm (UTC)
I'll see you guys at Fedex Field!!!
serendip
Jul. 18th, 2011 08:24 pm (UTC)
They need to train naked. #justsayin It's the only way we know if the muscles are working properly. Yeah........
karihan
Jul. 19th, 2011 12:32 am (UTC)
I'd submit at least two FTFLNs if it weren't for the damn watermarks.

Also, there had better be more mesh tank top photos coming. ijs
( 17 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S