Chris (karihan) wrote in _fcbarcelona_,
Chris
karihan
_fcbarcelona_

• Mood:

Just gonna leave this right here...

“I haven’t watched the game [CL Final] back. But on the night we felt we were a million miles away from them. The only thing we did differently [from 2-0 defeat in the 2009 final] was score. Some players might forget about it the day after, but I didn’t. When you’re taught a lesson like that it stays with you. It’s a big task but I’m sure the manager has plans about how to bridge that gap. It’s going to take something special to get anywhere near Barcelona… I think it’s the manager’s biggest challenge now, definitely. He’ll set his sights on Barcelona and trying to get to that level. But I think it’s the biggest challenge for all of us – not just the manager but the players and coaching staff as well. There’s no doubt – that’s where you want to be. Barcelona are the benchmark for everybody to reach. You have to hold your hands up and say they were better, but you don’t like doing it. You don’t like admitting it, but this time they were, as they were two years ago. But you have to work to try to get to that level. All over Europe, people are trying to do what the best team in the world does – which is Barcelona. I think the biggest thing for Barcelona’s players is their unselfishness. I know [Lionel] Messi is the one who scores 50 goals a season, but among the team he’s not the big star. As a group, they’re all stars among the team but there’s not one who stands out who wants to take the credit. They’re just an unselfish team in which not one of them is out for glory.”

— Paul Scholes, Manchester United

ETA: Originally from a Daily Mirror interview, but here's the totalbarca.com page.
Tags: article, ballon d’blaugrana, barça dna, barça propaganda, campions, champions league, més que un club
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 40 comments