?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

Game Day Traditions

What do you do on Game Day for luck/to ensure your team wins?

Wear your lucky underwear?

Do you do a special dance?

Do you eat a certain food?

Or do you sacrifice goats to the football gods?

Comments

( 39 comments — Speak )
Page 1 of 2
<<[1] [2] >>
bla_girl
May. 28th, 2011 03:53 am (UTC)
I try to get my food done right before kickoff. I usually end up eating it within 10 minutes of the first half -_-

I've ran out of animals/people to sacrifice ;__;
tempered_rose
May. 28th, 2011 04:20 am (UTC)
I pray. A Lot. Especially for huge ass matches like this one.
And then I swear I'll go to church on Sunday and not complain once.
bleeding_dry
May. 28th, 2011 04:21 am (UTC)
Hmmm, I'm boring. I take a shower, put my jersey on, and get my "mate/chimarrão" ready. Oh, I have to carry my mate stuff to the place where I'll watch the match tomorrow.
pansylove
May. 28th, 2011 04:26 am (UTC)
Oh man, this is kinda creepy...but after I put on my jersey if it's a big important match I always kiss the crest and rub it in as soon as I get it on.

I also try to eat a half hour before the game starts, because I won't be able to eat while it's on since I'll be way too nervous later on.
pris_stratton
May. 28th, 2011 06:23 am (UTC)
Yeah, I've tried eating during a match and it just doesn't work. To nervous/engrossed in the game to focus on eating and later I'm either so happy and hyper or too sad to eat.
greenpixiehair
May. 28th, 2011 04:39 am (UTC)

Have friends over

wind myself up and become hysterical

wind them up until they're hysterical despite their lack of knowledge or interest in football outside of my house

we all eat junk food and shout a lot

WEAR MY NEW JERSEY ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
greenpixiehair
May. 28th, 2011 04:42 am (UTC)

(this will be at 4am, mind you. possibly that excuses the hysterics.)
(Deleted comment)
hiisunshineee
May. 28th, 2011 05:10 am (UTC)
Good song choice. I agree! I've also been listening to Knights of Cydonia, haha.
timmilk2
May. 28th, 2011 05:01 am (UTC)
Is it ok to post this here?
I have no idea what the rules are about this kind of thing, but if I'm in the wrong please feel free to just delete this!!!

I'm selling one ticket to the Barca/Manchester game in Washington DC on July 30th (no unfortunately, not for today's match). I'd rather it go to a Cule, of course. It's lower level (Sec. 105) and for face value ($160). Anyone here interested or know someone who might be?

Again, sorry if this is inappropriate as I'm not an LJ expert, just browser, I just thought it would be a good place to ask!

Game traditions to be followed tomorrow: lucky scarf, world cup-winning lucky undies, the usual freaking out, and watching the match with all the crazies from my local penya. Have fun everyone! VISCA!
asdfg
May. 28th, 2011 05:49 am (UTC)
Mod
I haven't seen you around much so, I can't vouch for your credibility / legitimacy.

To anyone who would like to sell / buy tickets from fellow members, please message each other privately.

Be aware of fraud. Don't send money / any private information unless you are 110% sure. We suggest you to talk to each other the phone first and meet each other in a public place to do the transaction.

We aren't responsible for any damage / loss resulting from your decisions.

Be wise.
courtshipdating
May. 28th, 2011 05:16 am (UTC)
I don't do much, I'm boring. I pray the night before and then the day of I usually just put on my jersey and crash in front of the TV, not doing anything but waiting. I can't eat unless it's a quick bite during halftime and I curl up into a fetal position and wait. idk

Like someone else said, I just hope I don't dream about it because I dreamt about us losing to Arsenal before the first leg and we know what happened at the emirates.
eileenyx
May. 28th, 2011 05:37 am (UTC)
My OCD tendencies kick in, definitely. If I'm not working/a match is on a weekend, I try to get up an hour before kickoff. My shower/primping ritual is timed, and I wear a specific outfit that I've worn since the start of the season. If the match is on my TV, I don't go online; if I'm watching a stream, I only have the stream window open and I don't live-blog/comment on communities/Facebook/Twitter, etc. Also, I can never watch a match with anyone else but my sister.

Now that we're revealing our rituals, I hope we're not jinxing anything. I'm getting my butthurt ready, TBH. But I have hope in my heart, OFC.
asdfg
May. 28th, 2011 05:45 am (UTC)
For big games I usually spend almost the entire day in a salon/spa. Even if it's on a Wednesday. Hahahaha.

But if I can't, I make sure my day is going well. Wake up early, have a good breakfast, listen to good music, etc. Just enjoy the day and relax as much as I can before kick off.
tamings
May. 28th, 2011 05:48 am (UTC)
I HAVE to sleep the night before the match. HAVE to. It has to be a nice sleep, not some 4am bedtime shit (which means I'll be going to bed in like an hour). Sometimes I'll sleep with my scarf, other times I won't. I wake up and just go about my day until the game then I put my scarf on and I don't livetweet because it makes me anxious. I always wear my barca dna bracelet but I don't wear my jersey because I think it's a jinx.
diorgn
May. 28th, 2011 05:57 am (UTC)
rituals include... getting some other stuff done before the game like emails or whatever crap i have going..
ritual food are ALWAYS pistachios and coke. lol.
if there are no pistachios, whatever finger foods will do. as long as theres coke but sometimes i have alcohol if i am with friends. and of course my old lucky barca keychain. :)

hmmmm.... yeah that's pretty much everything to get me ready and going. hehehe.
diorgn
May. 28th, 2011 05:59 am (UTC)
and oh yeah... a nice long afternoon nap. haha. most la liga games i watch are aired at around 2am or 3am. sucks if you are a living in south east asia.
(no subject) - burning_moon117 - May. 28th, 2011 10:50 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - diorgn - May. 30th, 2011 05:36 pm (UTC) - Expand
pugthedog
May. 28th, 2011 06:10 am (UTC)
I'm pretty crazy with my superstitions TBH. They change slightly between games, but I have some general ones. I like to eat red food on match days, but noting brown. The stream need to be perfectly placed on the screen and I always put my cursor in about the same place. During the game, I only refresh the comm when we have the ball. If we're doing well, I need to sit in the exact same position for the rest of the half, but change at HT. If someone enters my room I need to get them out as soon as possible because they're ~disturbing my zen~. I've tried to do things differently, but I always end up slipping back into old habits, or coming up with new ones.

So yeah, there's nothing weird about me, I'm perfectly normal
pugthedog
May. 28th, 2011 06:12 am (UTC)
I'm going to try to not go completely crazy today, but I'll probably end up doing some weird shit anyway
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - pris_stratton - May. 28th, 2011 06:44 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - pris_stratton - May. 28th, 2011 06:43 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - burning_moon117 - May. 28th, 2011 10:52 am (UTC) - Expand
grande_latte
May. 28th, 2011 06:47 am (UTC)
I go about my day normally but around game tiime I get my juce and eat huevos con frijoles I HAVE TO EAT THAT or else

Then during gametime when a player is close to scoring I take that as a cue and go pee. Usually when I do so my team scores

It work with donovan and iniesta in the wc lol sure I miss the goal but icatch the replays

Lol randomass things I do
lucy_barker
May. 28th, 2011 12:52 pm (UTC)
"Then during gametime when a player is close to scoring I take that as a cue and go pee. Usually when I do so my team scores"

I love this :D
Page 1 of 2
<<[1] [2] >>
( 39 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S