?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

what is this fuckery

DANI ALVES ADMITS TO BEING 
THE OBJECT OF RACIST INSULTS IN SPAIN

Photobucket

08/02/2011

Daniel Alves, footballer of FC Barcelona and the Brazilian NT, has stated that “unfortunately” he has already “learned to live with” racism in Spain, and that the situation is “beyond control” in Spanish stadiums.

“I’ve been living with racism every single game, but I don’t get offended anymore. The fans yell at me and call me monkey” said the attacking right back in an interview that was published in the Sao Paulo internet newspaper “Folha”.

Alves laments that racism in Spanish football is something “beyond control” and that he thinks “it will never be fully eradicated”, despite efforts on part of the clubs and the Spanish Liga.

“I suffered many episodes of racism in Spain. Unfortunately, I learned to live with it. At first it angered me a lot, but I’ve learned not to give it too much importance”, said the Brazilian, who at the moment is in Paris with his national team, preparing the upcoming friendly against France.

Alves also stated that his family feels “saddened” when they hear racist booing directed towards him, but also that he is not going to make an official complaint about it because he’s trying to “put some distance between himself and those incidents”. He also adds that those fans are completely uneducated. During an away game in the Espanyol stadium, in April 2010, he suffered harsh racist insults, even though the referee didn’t make any note about it.

Photobucket

The 27-year-old blaugrana footballer said that his next objective is winning the 2014 World Cup – which will take place in Brazil. “I am going to work hard in the best way possible in the next four years so that I’ll be fit for the WC. We did an amazing job this last WC, but what we didn’t win the title”.

Photobucket

source (El Mundo Deportivo):  http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20110208/54111732071/noticia/dani-alves-se-siente-victima-del-racismo-en-los-estadios-espanoles.html

I dunno what you guys think, but he deserves a HUGE PICSPAM.
(crossposted to ontd_football)

Comments

( 19 comments — Speak )
holaascensor
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:27 pm (UTC)
walker_sarah
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:28 pm (UTC)
emiliana84
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:31 pm (UTC)
it suddenly strikes me why exactly he's pressuring the club to give him the same salary of other spanish internationals on the team
:/ just a thought, but it would mean he gets equal status with them; which in a way makes perfect sense.
sheep_emilia
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:42 pm (UTC)
But it's not like he doesn't earn like some of his teammates, right? It's not like he's the only one who gets this particular sum?
Anyway, it's horrible but not entirely surprising... which is the bad part, I guess.
keepyourspleen
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:46 pm (UTC)
omg this reminds me of that awful eto'o 'no mas' video against Zaragoza
kitty69lover
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:53 pm (UTC)
oph god, that was so horrible :(
xxheiixx
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:49 pm (UTC)
that's horrible. no-one deserves that
kitty69lover
Feb. 8th, 2011 08:53 pm (UTC)
let me at em!!!1
footballfangirl
Feb. 8th, 2011 09:29 pm (UTC)
No one deserves this. Racism is not a joke and people pretend that it doesn't happen, but it still does everywhere. It is extremely saddening.
caacac
Feb. 8th, 2011 10:01 pm (UTC)
This absolutely disgusts me.. I don't understand what drives people to say such things.
neuers
Feb. 9th, 2011 12:23 am (UTC)
This is absolutely disgusting! >:| I really wish there were major punishments for this kind of behavior.
(Deleted comment)
socialculture
Feb. 10th, 2011 06:54 am (UTC)
Your parents are my hero's, like seriously.
grande_latte
Feb. 9th, 2011 12:35 am (UTC)
FUCK THIS BULLSHIT!!

seriously I'd be doing Dani's dirty work since he's keeping it classy.
i don't mind punching people in teh face for being so damn ignorant and stupid

.... but i'll stay classy it just angers me sfm
san
Feb. 9th, 2011 12:41 am (UTC)
Those BITCHES. >:|
You do your thang and keep kicking ass, Dani and sign your god forsaken contract, those haters are just jealous.
greeniefru
Feb. 9th, 2011 01:45 am (UTC)
Alves: "My words about racism in Spain have been exaggerated. It's there, but it's a minority you can't control."

Still sucks though. Doesn't surprise me that Espanyol fans were involved in it. I wonder how the likes of Kameni feel when they hear it.
ohmicorazon91
Feb. 9th, 2011 01:55 am (UTC)
Unfortunately, I learned to live with it. At first it angered me a lot, but I’ve learned not to give it too much importance.

That's so admirable on his part. Idk if I could handle it that way but major kudos to Dani.
asdfg
Feb. 9th, 2011 02:27 am (UTC)
MOD
The gif is too big. Could you put it under the cut, please?

Thanks before :-)
liliananyappy
Feb. 9th, 2011 03:44 am (UTC)
disgusting and unacceptable. we love you dani. he's been very classy about it...
beatlesluv
Feb. 10th, 2011 09:36 pm (UTC)
I'm so disgusted. I can't eve...OMG
( 19 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S