?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

I have been slagging with my match previews sorry you guys. The lazy virus got to me.

For this week's match preview, I've decided to go with Barcelona Reporter because they include stuff from Pep's press con as well. Have a nice read!

FC Rubin Kazan may well need to repeat last season's win at FC Barcelona to go through from Group D but coach Kurban Berdyev says his team still have to keep things tight.

FC Barcelona vs Rubin Kazan Preview UEFA Champions League tonight 07/12/2010

FC Barcelona vs Rubin Kazan match kick off time 20:45 CET 19:45 UK tonight at the Camp Nou - Barcelona, FC Rubin Kazan may well have to repeat last season's win at Camp Nou to have a chance of pinching the Group D runners-up spot from the current incumbents FC København, who go into Matchday 6 a point ahead. Yet while it could help the Russian side's prospects that FC Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola has left out a handful of first-teamers including Xavi Hernández and will start with José Pinto in goal, visiting coach Kurban Berdyev anticipates a tough evening regardless of how many regulars the home side rest. "Tactically Barcelona won't change their style. I don't think the player changes will affect that," he said.

Josep Pep Guardiola, Barcelona coach

We have no goal tomorrow because we've already completed our task. We've done the job and qualified and nobody can take that away from us.
Out of respect for the public we'll try to play a good, dynamic football and create as many chances as possible.

We were also going to rest [Andrés] Iniesta and [Lionel] Messi as well as Xavi but as the B team also have an important match this week, we couldn't take any more players from them so Messi and Iniesta won't rest. I don't know if you can find better players than these ones [the trio have been shortlisted for the FIFA Ballon d'Or]. You can achieve great things, yes, but so many times? So I am very proud of them and we know the fans are proud and that's a good enough prize. It'll be tough to find a generation like this one. The club is very lucky to have them and to enjoy their football and I am lucky to be able to coach them. This is the third year they are playing at this level and that's really difficult.

Kurban Berdyev, Rubin coach
The players understand that it's a football fiesta and this is the second time we will play at this great stadium. We have prepared very well. The season is coming to an end but this doesn't affect us. Playing against Barcelona, we have to think about defending our goal. If we leave open spaces, well, we have seen what happens to other teams who have done that against Barcelona.
The whole team and I are proud not to have lost here at the Camp Nou. Barcelona teach us all lessons and we have learned a lot from them. We saw Barcelona v Real Madrid of course. Barcelona were at their highest level and wanted to achieve an important result. It's the first time I have see them play with so much motivation.

If we don't qualify, it'll be disappointing, but I think we will leave with our heads held high. Tactically Barcelona won't change their style. I don't think the player changes will affect that. The players don't make them strong, because all the players are very good and they prepare well whatever the starting XI is.

Team news
FC Barcelona
As well as Xavi, Guardiola has rested Daniel Alves, Pedro Rodríguez and David Villla, while Seydou Keita has a knee problem. Jeffren made a scoring return in last week's 5-0 win against Real Madrid CF after more than a month out with a dislocated shoulder. Gabriel Milito tore a muscle in his right thigh on 10 November.

Rubin Kazan
Roman Sharonov played Rubin's last two league games after recovering from a knee injury that had kept him out for four days shy of a year. Carlos Eduardo faces a late fitness test having been out for a month with a knee injury, while a similar problem has sidelined Aleksandr Orekhov.

Weekend results
04/12/10 CA Osasuna 0-3 Barcelona
(Pedro 26, Messi 65, 84pen)
Guardiola's team secured their seventh successive win to stretch their unbeaten run to 19 games in all competitions. Barcelona had to find alternative travel arrangements for the game in Pamplona after a strike by Spanish air traffic controllers. Kick-off was delayed by 45 minutes.

Champions in 2008 and 2009, Rubin ended their Premier-Liga campaign in third after a 0-0 draw at FC Lokomotiv Moskva on 28 November.

Did you know?
Barcelona will look to beat Rubin at the fourth attempt. Their two games in Kazan both ended in draws while last season, Aleksandr Ryazantsev and Gökdeniz Karadeniz scored to secure a shock 2-1 win at Camp Nou.

Team ties
Villa struck a hat-trick for Spain against Russia in the opening group game of UEFA EURO 2008. Andrés Iniesta, Xavi Hernández and Carles Puyol also played in the Innsbruck fixture and in the subsequent semi-final meeting in Vienna, Spain winning 3-0 with Xavi scoring the first goal.

MacBeth Sibaya twice finished on the losing side against Spain at last year's FIFA Confederations Cup. He lined up against Sergio Busquets, Gerard Piqué and Puyol as South Africa lost 2-0 in the group stage and 3-2 in the third-place play-off.

César Navas began his career in Real Madrid CF's B team, playing for Málaga CF, Catalonia's Club Gimnàstic de Tarragona and Real Racing Club before joining Rubin last year.

Cristian Ansaldi made his Argentina debut in a friendly against Spain in Madrid in November 2009 which ended 2-1 to the home side. Appearing for Spain were Piqué, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Villa.

Rubin's Carlos Eduardo and Barcelona right-back Daniel Alves are team-mates with Brazil.

CL Training
& Press Con Pics

I swear the photog is obsessed with Pep's facial features.

Yeah, the photog's probably a fanboy/girl.

Dani you know how to tie your shoes so why you start learning to tie the contract huh?

Messiah is actually a Hogwarts student.

He loves the ball so much, he used it to dust off his shoulder.

Ok this one is from the Osasuna match but boy is lookin good, ok

caliente

I'd pay good money to have such a big poster of Xavi on my bedroom wall.

~cosy

I love the black jackets and these are from the Osasuna match btw

whoa sit down

h
n
g
c
o
m

da fuck pique?!?!?

Hi Pedrito
More golazo pls!

And here's Iniesta with his former coach..

Awwww

BTW, I need this mag stat

sources: daylife, twitter people, barcelona reporter, and el punt

Comments

( 29 comments — Speak )
pansylove
Dec. 7th, 2010 05:18 am (UTC)
Perfect, flawless post! I hope I can make it home from class in time to see the match.

All the close ups of Pep. Very nice! Valdes <3 That Xavi poster is possibly bigger than my apartment building, but I wouldn't let that stop me from wanting as my wallpaper.

And what the hell is Pique doing?

Edited at 2010-12-07 05:19 am (UTC)
holaascensor
Dec. 7th, 2010 05:28 am (UTC)
DO WANT THAT MAGASINE.

I WAS GONNA LINK YOU TO RASTEBATOR BUT THEY ARE DOWN OMG. *CRIES*

I want one of those black jackets with the yellow. If a Jeff came with it that would be even better.
reshuffled
Dec. 7th, 2010 05:34 am (UTC)
Can't blame the photog, really. Pep = flawless <3

And Pique looks like he's trying something kinky on Dahveed, IDEK LOL
regiwolf
Dec. 7th, 2010 05:36 am (UTC)
Pep close ups are always good :)

I also like the jackets but have hard time with the yellow because Black/Yellow is the color of a club I don't really like where I live.
juunanagou18
Dec. 7th, 2010 06:03 am (UTC)
Dammit, why can't FSC ever show Barcelona live? I swear it was a fluke that I managed to catch a game with Barca vs Irish Greeks in real time. Hasn't happened since.
footballfangirl
Dec. 7th, 2010 04:09 pm (UTC)
I agree. FSC has really pissed me off. I hate watching games on streams because mine always screw up. Nobody cares about the rangers!
prettypuyol
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:11 am (UTC)
tee hee theyre sharing a blanket

zi_ultimate
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:20 am (UTC)
the photog is definitely pep's fanboy, not that i'm complaining :D

darn look at those giant posters. do want!
tamings
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:42 am (UTC)
(Deleted comment)
tamings
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:52 am (UTC)
I went in order of when I saw them, I figured dying would be the final thing.
(Deleted comment)
tamings
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:56 am (UTC)
oh obligagory pep needs to get in me comment right here
wannabeinsicily
Dec. 7th, 2010 08:20 am (UTC)
Lol yesterday during training session they were playing a game, they were all in a circle and have to pass the ball if someone let it fall on the floor got hit by the rest, i guess that's what's happening on that Villa - Piqué pic lmao
i saw Pinto failing a lot at it and Masche and Messi hitting the daylights out of him lmao
san
Dec. 7th, 2010 09:50 am (UTC)
Flawless post as usual, and our boys are fabulous as usual. ♥ Looking forward to a good game! *_*
san
Dec. 7th, 2010 09:59 am (UTC)
And I just realised that that magazine is an Australian magazine. NEED. GET. NOW. *______*
greenpixiehair
Dec. 7th, 2010 12:41 pm (UTC)

We have fine taste in coverboys.
san
Dec. 7th, 2010 01:01 pm (UTC)
I wholeheartedly agree. *______* I gotta get down to Borders, like, RIGHT NOW.

Edited at 2010-12-07 01:02 pm (UTC)
walker_sarah
Dec. 7th, 2010 11:03 am (UTC)
lmao I am in-love with Pep's reactions the photographer is such a fanboy but who could blame him :)

Xavi♥♥♥♥ I want that wallpaper now!

Valdes is looking extremely good

lmao @ pique&villa

this post is amazing thank you♥

cansuralama
Dec. 7th, 2010 12:54 pm (UTC)
give me that mag nao
caacac
Dec. 7th, 2010 01:19 pm (UTC)
I want to be buried in that barca blancet. ok ew, but it looks so cozy and delissious!
roseofdarkness
Dec. 7th, 2010 02:50 pm (UTC)
Would hit this team so hard.
I love this post. UNF.
janetbond007
Dec. 7th, 2010 03:37 pm (UTC)
fc hnnnng indeed.
Those pictures of pep are killing me.
footballfangirl
Dec. 7th, 2010 04:14 pm (UTC)
Can't wait for game today! But unfortunately since FSC is stupid and I don't have spanish soccer channels (blame comcast they only give you FSC and GolTV, but not the other channels), I have to watch it on a stream. :(

If pep starts Messi today, I will be seriously ticked off. This game does not matter as much, and I know he always wants to play, but he has a slight injury and if he does start and gets injured, I will be extremely angry at pep. Just look at what happened to Xavi. With Messi playing like this, the same thing is bound to happen to him.
effingusernames
Dec. 7th, 2010 06:35 pm (UTC)
omg ikr, i've never seen Messi take a rest, he plays fulltime, all the time. Just gives me an ominous feeling he's gonna burn out sooner or later..
footballfangirl
Dec. 7th, 2010 06:43 pm (UTC)
Same here. I know I wouldn't be able to say no if leo gave me a pleading look but Pep better be able to take it. He should tie him to the bench if he has to.

You're right, it does give you a bad feeling, so that is why pep should fix it now.
effingusernames
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:08 pm (UTC)
looks like he has! messi's not starting, for once
footballfangirl
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:15 pm (UTC)
I did a little victory dance. It seems like my prayers have been answered for once.
effingusernames
Dec. 7th, 2010 07:18 pm (UTC)
makes 2 of us!
(no subject) - footballfangirl - Dec. 7th, 2010 07:30 pm (UTC) - Expand
liliananyappy
Dec. 7th, 2010 04:25 pm (UTC)
omg i think they sell that magazine at barnes&noble!!!!!!!

fab spam, flawless post, etc
( 29 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S