?

No account? Create an account

Previous | Next

1.  NEXT JANUARY IS PEP'S 40TH BIRTHDAY.

Collaborate in the creation of the book to thank him for everything he's done.

Tell feelings, experiences, emotions, anecdotes... of these 2 magic years that we have enjoyed with Pep and his players.

Send him a message in THIS PRECIOUS WEBSITE.

It's in Catalan, but i think i'ts pretty easy to use. If you have any doubts or need help, feel free to ask me as many things as you want!! ;)

I have also thought that maybe we could write something as a community and send it. What do you think? It could be really cool and lovely! :D

2.  THE PLAYERS HAVE DONE AN ADVERTISING CAMPAING TO ASK FOR THE FANS' SUPPORT.

3. WATCH THE BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE CAMPAIGN "ENS HI DEIXAREM LA PELL" WITH PUYI, MESSI AND GERARD.

source

and here's the video version:

4. A REALLY INTERESTING ARTICLE FROM THE BBC CALLED "MESSI MENTOR IN X FACTOR SEARCH":

By Matthias Krug
Consider a world without Argentine superstar Lionel Messi.

It is hard to imagine, but with the exception of Real Madrid supporters, millions of football fans around the planet should be eternally thankful to one Catalan of whom they have probably never heard.

Josep Colomer is the man credited with the discovery some 10 years ago - in Rosario, Argentina - of a 13-year-old youngster who would go on to rule world football.

"Leo Messi is a discovery of FC Barcelona," said Barca's former youth director, who is now general director of Aspire Football Dreams.

"He was very small at the time of his discovery, but he was an excellent player already. Many people were and still are involved in the growing of Messi as a football player and as a person.

Colomer has since made an unusual move to the deserts of Qatar for a talent development project, but the cheerful Catalan always displays Messi-like modesty as he plays down his role in the development of 'La Pulga' ('The Flea').

"He came to Barcelona very young and as other young talents coming to La Masia [Barcelona's training facility], Leo had a long way to go before becoming the best player in the world.
"Many players are in La Masia every year, but I remember Leo as the one who loved football the most."

With Messi moving with trademark velocity through the ranks of the Barcelona youth academy, there was another player, Cesc Fabregas, who opted to leave as Colomber recalls.

"Cesc at that time had an offer from Arsenal and he told me that they promised him to train and to play with the main team," he said.
"After realising that he'd already taken the decision to leave, we agreed his transfer with Arsenal.

"Of course, I was not happy to see him playing at Arsenal, but I have a good relationship with him and I know the reasons why he left even though his heart was with Barcelona. I hope to see him back again."

Having watched Messi develop, Colomer has developed a simple blueprint for young footballers hoping to forge a career in professional football.

"Messi loves to train, he loves to play, he loves to watch and he loves to become better every day. It's maybe for that reason that he is really the best," he said.

"I think playing football is just like giving something back for Messi. He has so much love for this sport.
"I have a strong relationship with Leo even if I'm not talking to him every day."
Developed for the academy in Qatar, Colomer's work involves scouting for almost a million boys in 15 countries around the world.
The sheer numbers of the project are mind-boggling. The fourth edition of the programme will allow Colomer's expert team, helped by some 6,000 volunteers, to test around 750,000 youngsters in 60,000 games across various continents.
Children in Africa, Asia, and South and Central America have a chance to win sporting scholarships in Qatar, where air-conditioned indoor pitches in plush surroundings await the winners.
This is football utopia, a project of seemingly unrivalled intentions and unimaginable scale.
The project has been criticised as a smash and grab of young African talents, but these voices have grown quieter in recent years as the young players line up for their own national youth teams, including John Benson of Ghana and Nigeria's John Felegha.
Colomer believes the project is giving thousands of youngsters a chance in football, and shifting the balance away from agents, though the Catalan will not talk about the cost.

Qatar's immense natural gas reserves mean the country is able to invest heavily in sports infrastructure and related projects, as indicated by its ambitious 2022 World Cup bid.

The scheme was developed by the Qatari academy in co-operation with Bonus Sports Marketing, a sports marketing agency founded by Barcelona president Sandro Rosell.
"Aspire Academy for Sports Excellence is not yet recognised as being in the forefront of worldwide youth football development but in a few years it will be," Colomer stated.
"I think it can be the new La Masia for football talents from developing countries.
"When we first came to Africa, most of the places we organised our project did not have football schools or clubs.
"They didn't have soccer balls, bibs or coaches with motivation to work with young players, but they had plenty of children who had no hope of being seen by international scouts.
"Now all of these centres have staff, are well equipped with balls, bibs and have thousands of players registering each year. But the most important thing Aspire gave to all these places was hope."
Earlier this year in Nigeria, however, hope turned to tragedy as one young talent failed to turn up for the final round of testing after contracting malaria.

"He helped me understand how life-threatening malaria is and to start preparing a malaria project to fight this disease," admitted Colomer, who is studying plans to distribute a million mosquito nets during the trials.

But just how big are the chances of making it to the big time of professional football? And what does Colomer look for in a young player?
"I always tell my scouts not to focus on the players one by one as you will always find good things for each of them," he explained.
"We need to watch the games as if looking through a filtered glass, where only the best will really attract your attention and your eyes. These are the ones we are looking for.
"I'm convinced that many of these players will reach professional football, and I really hope these players will be role models for the rest of the participants of Aspire Football Dreams in the future.
"My dream is to see them playing for the top clubs, with behaviour like Messi, to show the world that Aspire is really giving them an excellent programme, not only in football, but also in life."
In giving hope to almost a million youngsters in under-developed countries every year, Colomer is indeed changing the face of the future of world football, 750,000 youngsters at a time.
source

5. BARTRA, FONTÀS AND MAXWELL TALK AFTER THE MATCH AT CEUTA.

Sorry about the dubbing, i know it's terrible and you can't hear their adorable accents, HERE's another version with a really tiny video but with no dubbing.

And rumour says Thiago and Fontàs are probably gonna be promoted to the first team this January. Shaking and crying, etc.

6. PICS OF TODAY'S TRAINING SESSION! GOOD NEWS: XAVI AND MILITO ARE BACK WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM. THIAGO HAS ALSO JOINED THE BIG BOYS!!! :D

Pep is happy! <3

LMAO IRL HIS FACE IS KILLING ME.

is it me or this kinda looks like one of the poses of the bride and the groom at a wedding pic album?

source

7. BARÇATV IS STARTING A NEW PROGRAM CALLED "ESTACIÓ CAMP NOU" THAT WILL HAVE THE PARTICIPATION OF THE PLAYERS.

Gerard Piqué is gonna be the first guest. Starting tomorrow, every friday at 23 they will interview a player so that the fans have the chance to get to know them better.

source.

Do you think third time is a charm? Praying to the Messiah and Godiola that i haven't messed up with the format this time.

This hotties thank you for your time! <3

Comments

( 55 comments — Speak )
Page 1 of 2
<<[1] [2] >>
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 12:52 pm (UTC)
lmao wtf is wrong with me and formatting today?
why is there a giant space on the front page?
SSMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
D'':
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:07 pm (UTC)
OMG I'VE FIXED IT!!!!!
ME RN:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DON'T MIND ME.
kitty69lover
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:02 pm (UTC)
i got a giant space too when posting a vid, in my own lj...it's some evil plot i tell thee :(

but hello!!! omg post is lovely. Bride & Groom LMAO!!!!! Max is so lovely. i promise a Max Spam at the weekend.

OT: i need Bojan Capitaaaaa pics. or i might just die.
ardiramidus
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:27 pm (UTC)
I am also in need of these pictures.
Also pep wants bojan to stay and they are hoping to offer him a contract until 2015! thanks pep you are the best.
kitty69lover
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:10 pm (UTC)
i'm gonna spam this post.

be warned.

ok, so regarding Pep's 40th bday. even i, his main Cule hater, shall wish him a happy one. doing something as a comm is a great idea!!
_almagitana
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:11 pm (UTC)
the pep thing is just amazing, i'm going to ask him to marry me
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:12 pm (UTC)
LMAO CRIS BEST IDEA EVER!!
(no subject) - _almagitana - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:49 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:52 pm (UTC) - Expand
ardiramidus
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:29 pm (UTC)
I really like this post and I don't want to start any wank because its really no ones fault but I am upset that they are asking for fan's support while closing off membership to any new fans because there were too many non-Catalans or whatever the reason was. This obv has nothing to do with the players or anything but I really want a membership!!!!! :(
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:39 pm (UTC)
"because its really no ones fault"
it's Sandro's fault.
but let's not talk about that cos i'm gonna cry again. i wanted it to be my christmas present. :(
(no subject) - ardiramidus - Oct. 28th, 2010 01:40 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - butbyskylight - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:47 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:50 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - butbyskylight - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:54 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:59 pm (UTC) - Expand
renigallagher
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:30 pm (UTC)
I love your posts, they are always full of content :D

Pep doesn't look 40 imho

I want to that lucky somebody to spray them with water lol, best job ever

Somebody gif me an icon from that Fontás video PLEASE
(Deleted comment)
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 01:40 pm (UTC)
núria i'm giving you homework to do... i'll make you a test about it to make sure everybody's read it all.

lol jk.

... or not?
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 01:41 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - reshuffled - Oct. 29th, 2010 04:28 am (UTC) - Expand
thirstyforlife
Oct. 28th, 2010 02:00 pm (UTC)

Where do I sign up for the job of "person who sprays water on football players"?
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 02:03 pm (UTC)
OMG THIS GIF IS TOO ADORABLE I CAN'T HANDLE IT.
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:04 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - butbyskylight - Oct. 28th, 2010 02:51 pm (UTC) - Expand
serendip
Oct. 28th, 2010 02:03 pm (UTC)
Thank you, bb, always love your posts <3 OK, are they really putting fake sweat on the bois for this photo shoot, omg, lol, just cannot take it.

And a community message would be nice.
butbyskylight
Oct. 28th, 2010 02:53 pm (UTC)
Would sending a community message be a good idea? Cos if we tell him where we're from he would most likely look it up (cos he seems like a curious person), and we'd probably scare him with our craziness.

Wet Piqué.
I have no further coherent thoughts.
Good-bye world.
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 02:57 pm (UTC)
bahahahahaha maybe here's no need to give him the exact details of how to find us, adress, etc.
i'm fine if we give him my home adress just in case he does get curious
(no subject) - butbyskylight - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:10 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:15 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - butbyskylight - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:19 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:22 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - butbyskylight - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:26 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:30 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - butbyskylight - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:33 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:13 pm (UTC) - Expand
keepyourspleen
Oct. 28th, 2010 03:32 pm (UTC)
I hope this isn't too late, but if anyone has a tumblr I just made one dedicated to Barca B last night!

http://barcelonab.tumblr.com/

and I'm super new, but introduced myself recently in a match spam. Hi to anyone I haven't met yet :)
butbyskylight
Oct. 28th, 2010 03:35 pm (UTC)
Followed!

Welcome! I missed all the recent match spams, so hello!
(no subject) - keepyourspleen - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:36 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - wannabeinsicily - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:35 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - keepyourspleen - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:41 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - caacac - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:42 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - keepyourspleen - Oct. 28th, 2010 03:53 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - renigallagher - Oct. 28th, 2010 04:04 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - keepyourspleen - Oct. 28th, 2010 08:05 pm (UTC) - Expand
(Deleted comment)
(no subject) - keepyourspleen - Oct. 28th, 2010 08:14 pm (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - asdfg - Oct. 29th, 2010 02:12 am (UTC) - Expand
(no subject) - reshuffled - Oct. 29th, 2010 04:29 am (UTC) - Expand
kitty69lover
Oct. 28th, 2010 05:10 pm (UTC)
Shaking and crying!!!!!!!
omg finally watched the interviews vid, omg omg omg omg thank god i'm sitting, oh Maxwell oh my gjlsgjljdhj that twang of Brazilian Portuguese in Spanish always kills me oh my god.

and the way he says "Bojan", with the J jkDhDfhj,gfhjvgj i can't anymore, i....

sorry. Fontas looked good in the vid actually. lmao. and Bartra, well, no words.
janetbond007
Oct. 28th, 2010 06:01 pm (UTC)
lmao now I'm not complaining, but why did they have to be wet?
wannabeinsicily
Oct. 28th, 2010 06:05 pm (UTC)
oh, come on now, zombie Tao Pei Pei... they're obviously sexyer this way!!!! ;)
asdfg
Oct. 29th, 2010 01:30 am (UTC)
reshuffled
Oct. 29th, 2010 04:32 am (UTC)
A+++++++++++ post! So excited for the Pep scrapbook! <3
Page 1 of 2
<<[1] [2] >>
( 55 comments — Speak )

Hello there!

Welcome to _fcbarcelona_,
a community made by Barça fans for Barça fans. First of all, not all content posted in this community is available publicly. To view unlimited content in this community you will need to become a member. As a member you can post and discuss the latest Barça news, transfer rumors, fun posts, and live match with other culés.
For more information about us and how to become a member you can view our profile.
Visca Barça!

fcb cocoa
_fcbarcelona_
Futbol Club Barcelona
Twitter

Latest Month

August 2013
S M T W T F S