July 20th, 2009

stock; raining <3's

Pep wants Eto'o to leave. Deja vú anyone?

Most of the squad has returned from their vacations prior to jetting off to London tomorrow for the start of preseason. Along with today's routine medicals Pep gave a press conference.

Below are his thoughts on a number of players who came up during the onslaught of questions, Eto'o being the biggest topic of discussion.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Eto'o: "Without him we wouldn't have done what we did last year. There are no football or personal or behaviour issues here. It's just a feeling I have. I think there is a need for change. Maybe I'm wrong but it's my responsibility and decision."

"There are no personal issues and I'm not here to change his character."

"After winning what we've won and after five years, I think we need to change things which my experience as a footballer tells me we need to change."

Signing Ibrahimovic if Eto'o stays: "We're rich, but not that rich...It won't happen. You don't want too many players in key positions and both of them are starters."

Ibrahimovic: "He's still an Inter player."

Sylvinho: "To be sure he might be angry with me. When he played he was great; in the Champions League final we saw that when everyone, Ronaldo, Rooney and Park was on his side."

Maxwell: "He has been at the top for years. He's played at Ajax and Inter and he will bring us a lot."

Collapse )
stock; raining <3's

pre-season training has begun!

Piqué, Alves, Xavi, Puyol, Busquets, Iniesta and Eto'o were not present... they're still sunbathing somewhere. Messi still had another week of vacation but decided to show up a week earlier than expected. Milito (as stated in his letter) and Márquez are trying to recover from knee injuries.

A number of youth players were present including Gai Assulin (who just recently recieved his Spanish passport meaning he can play with the first team when called upon [=D!!!!]), Jonathon Dos Santos (Gio's younger brother, who according to SPORT also recently recieved a Spanish passport), new signing Edu Oriol, Marc Muniesa and many more.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Collapse )